Bazaarvoice

Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

The interview was on campus and taking about 45 minutes . Mostly asking questions about my resume, like what were the projects going, what languages I used, what's the hardest/challenging parts of the projects, etc. In the last he asked me to implement a hash table, which needs two functions, put and get.

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Software Engineer Interview

Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
    The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Questions -
    2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
    3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
    4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
    5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Applied online, got an e-mail the next week for a position in NY.

Interview Questions
    • It was a phone screening and I really hated the fact that the guy went straight into asking "What are you salary expectations?" Which to me is an insult since they are scanning for cheap labor instead on focusing first to see if I was a good match for the company so that we could agree on a salary much later in the process. Glad I don't have to work for those guys.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

I had a phone screen interview first. Introduce yourself and then a coding practice. To find the missing number in n numbers which are in 0~n-1. After passing the phone interview, I got arranged to go to their office to have an onsite, which lasts for 6~7 hours. 6 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Most of problems come from crackTheInterview.

Interview Questions
    • I came out of all the problems. But may be not very smooth. I didn't get the offer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, nothing techinical quesitons asked. Then HR scheduled a technical phone interview. In 30 minutes, I received a phone from HR, saying that I did well in the phone interview, and they wanted to schedule a onsite interview. They have 6 rounds, with 45 minutes each round. They asked various questions, including coding, sql, behavior questions, etc. The interviewers are nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2012.

Absolutely the best interview process I have been through for a software engineering position. I interviewed as an undergraduate student looking for a full-time position, and I really enjoyed their recruiting process. I flew out for an on-site, where I had several interviews, and all but one were technical in nature. I had lunch with some engineers, and dinner with some managers and a recruiter. Conversation was casual and non-technical in nature, which I appreciated. The employees are all very well-rounded, which is rare in the software industry. After dinner, all the people I had dinners with, managers included, followed up with personal emails. Later in the week, the CTO called me up and made himself available for questions. Overall, I got the impression that they are a great company with a recruiting process that shows how much they value their employees.

Interview Questions
    • My non-technical interview asked me to explain what Mock Trial (a debate program I'm involved in) is and how it works. I wasn't expecting this from a software engineering interview.   View Answer

I found another position at a different company that better suited my interests at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

built an automated application that display some stat metrics from a database with charts and user friendly, using php, ajax, html, css... presentation and explain the thought process that was behind the project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

After talking with HR, you go through a phone interview. The technical part of the phone interview consisted of mostly one question - implement an algorithm for a change machine to use with any monetary system. The phone interview to be much easier and laid back than in-person.