Bazaarvoice

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Question – Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Questions -
2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Question – 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Interview Question – topology sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail the next week for a position in NY.

Interview Question – It was a phone screening and I really hated the fact that the guy went straight into asking "What are you salary expectations?" Which to me is an insult since they are scanning for cheap labor instead on focusing first to see if I was a good match for the company so that we could agree on a salary much later in the process. Glad I don't have to work for those guys.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen interview first. Introduce yourself and then a coding practice. To find the missing number in n numbers which are in 0~n-1. After passing the phone interview, I got arranged to go to their office to have an onsite, which lasts for 6~7 hours. 6 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Most of problems come from crackTheInterview.

Interview Question – I came out of all the problems. But may be not very smooth. I didn't get the offer.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR, nothing techinical quesitons asked. Then HR scheduled a technical phone interview. In 30 minutes, I received a phone from HR, saying that I did well in the phone interview, and they wanted to schedule a onsite interview. They have 6 rounds, with 45 minutes each round. They asked various questions, including coding, sql, behavior questions, etc. The interviewers are nice.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2012.

Interview Details – Absolutely the best interview process I have been through for a software engineering position. I interviewed as an undergraduate student looking for a full-time position, and I really enjoyed their recruiting process. I flew out for an on-site, where I had several interviews, and all but one were technical in nature. I had lunch with some engineers, and dinner with some managers and a recruiter. Conversation was casual and non-technical in nature, which I appreciated. The employees are all very well-rounded, which is rare in the software industry. After dinner, all the people I had dinners with, managers included, followed up with personal emails. Later in the week, the CTO called me up and made himself available for questions. Overall, I got the impression that they are a great company with a recruiting process that shows how much they value their employees.

Interview Question – My non-technical interview asked me to explain what Mock Trial (a debate program I'm involved in) is and how it works. I wasn't expecting this from a software engineering interview.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I found another position at a different company that better suited my interests at the time.

Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

Interview Details – After talking with HR, you go through a phone interview. The technical part of the phone interview consisted of mostly one question - implement an algorithm for a change machine to use with any monetary system. The phone interview to be much easier and laid back than in-person.

Interview Question – Implement a linked list.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen. Some basic software questions followed by a time limited canned puzzle.

Interview Question – Given an array, find two numbers that equal the sum of X. Now describe the big-O notation for the algorithm you designed.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straightforward, interviewer started off by letting me know his role in the company, what the company does etc. Then I spoke about myself, what I was interested in, past experiences and all that. Then we got to the interview questions - there were only 2, one was a CS fundamental programming knowledge question and one was a question based on what my skills were. I'm more experienced in front-end development, so I got a CSS3 question.

Interview Question – Implement a navigation bar (with dropdown menus) in purely CSS3   Answer Question

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!