Bbva Interview Questions in Birmingham, AL

3.6

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bbva (Birmingham, AL) in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview + on-site interview. Questions covered option pricing methods, monte carlo simulation, Value at Risk, etc.

Interview Questions

• Derive finite difference method for option pricing from B-S PDE and explain the difference between explicit and implicit finite difference   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bbva (Birmingham, AL) in February 2011.

Interview

My first phone interview. Two phone interviews. Not feel well after the interviews. Need to prepare the interview better.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bbva (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

I originally heard about the position from a friend. The job was not posted. I was contacted by an HR rep to set up the interview. Apparently, she had put the interview on a few managers calendars, but never actually contacted them to confirm the interview. Both interviews that were scheduled were missed. I left the HR Rep a phone message to alert her of the situation and she never called back. I was told by my friend that BBVA has a horrific HR dept and deal directly with the managers. The phone interviews were rescheduled by myself going directly to the managers. All the standard questions were asked like, "tell me about yourself,"and "describe a difficult situation that you had to overcome." I felt like I led the interview more and tried to anticipate the information that they needed. Everyone with whom I interviewed were extremely easy going and very nice! They really made me feel comfortable. They flew me to Birmingham where I met with 4 people, the person who would be my boss, and his boss, a peer and the peer's boss. At the end of the day, my potential boss discussed salary and it was 60% of what I had made previously. I feel had HR been involved and communicated with me, I could have saved everyone a lot of time as the offer was just too low. The company is financially strong and initially they were interested in hiring me on for contract work, but I never heard from them on that either. They didn't just have low hanging fruit, but fruit laying on the ground just waiting to be picked up! They weren't doing so many of the basic processes that would save them thousands. I felt I could come in and make a huge financial impact. I interviewed with all men, and didn't see a lot of women in the cubes around the office, so diversity and would my opinion be respected were concerns for me. I was also concerned that I would be wanting to make changes faster than they were willing to accept them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

The pay was too low. I also was not provided the specifics on the relocation package. I believe that since we couldn't come to agreement on salary, that they felt it didn't make sense to discuss the relocation.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bbva (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

Was job related. Little bit quantitative and was asked to solve PDE on board, monte carlo simulations. Lots of IR.

Relocating to AL was difficult

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bbva (Birmingham, AL) in May 2010.

Interview

On campus interview, 1:1 at corporate, Personality test, phone interview. Three interviews and a personality test just to be told their were more qualified applicants. Guess I need more than just an undergraduate degree.