Bbva Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2014

3.1

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bbva in April 2011.

phone interview + on-site interview. Questions covered option pricing methods, monte carlo simulation, Value at Risk, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Derive finite difference method for option pricing from B-S PDE and explain the difference between explicit and implicit finite difference   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bbva in February 2011.

My first phone interview. Two phone interviews. Not feel well after the interviews. Need to prepare the interview better.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bbva in January 2011.

I originally heard about the position from a friend. The job was not posted. I was contacted by an HR rep to set up the interview. Apparently, she had put the interview on a few managers calendars, but never actually contacted them to confirm the interview. Both interviews that were scheduled were missed. I left the HR Rep a phone message to alert her of the situation and she never called back. I was told by my friend that BBVA has a horrific HR dept and deal directly with the managers. The phone interviews were rescheduled by myself going directly to the managers. All the standard questions were asked like, "tell me about yourself,"and "describe a difficult situation that you had to overcome." I felt like I led the interview more and tried to anticipate the information that they needed. Everyone with whom I interviewed were extremely easy going and very nice! They really made me feel comfortable. They flew me to Birmingham where I met with 4 people, the person who would be my boss, and his boss, a peer and the peer's boss. At the end of the day, my potential boss discussed salary and it was 60% of what I had made previously. I feel had HR been involved and communicated with me, I could have saved everyone a lot of time as the offer was just too low. The company is financially strong and initially they were interested in hiring me on for contract work, but I never heard from them on that either. They didn't just have low hanging fruit, but fruit laying on the ground just waiting to be picked up! They weren't doing so many of the basic processes that would save them thousands. I felt I could come in and make a huge financial impact. I interviewed with all men, and didn't see a lot of women in the cubes around the office, so diversity and would my opinion be respected were concerns for me. I was also concerned that I would be wanting to make changes faster than they were willing to accept them.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

The pay was too low. I also was not provided the specifics on the relocation package. I believe that since we couldn't come to agreement on salary, that they felt it didn't make sense to discuss the relocation.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bbva in January 2011.

Was job related. Little bit quantitative and was asked to solve PDE on board, monte carlo simulations. Lots of IR.

Relocating to AL was difficult

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bbva in May 2010.

On campus interview, 1:1 at corporate, Personality test, phone interview. Three interviews and a personality test just to be told their were more qualified applicants. Guess I need more than just an undergraduate degree.

Personal Banker IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bbva in September 2009.

The interview process started out in the regional office of the bank with HR lady. She started by describing the company and telling me about a couple positions open. I then told her about myself and my background and how I ended up here in Dallas. The interview was casual, took about 30 minutes, and went very well. It ended by her saying she would call me back within a week to set up a second interview with my soon-to-be district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself and what you know about BBVA?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

It is quite difficult to find details on the graduate programme, as the website design is not perfect, but the best thing to do is to contact directly the human resources. The graduate resources team is very nice. If you pass this step, then you will need to go to the office. There: mathematical questions, finance questions, and a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • Would you be ok to work in Spain? Much more positions there   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bbva in May 2013.

1. Computer tests in the assessment center: Numerical, English, Logical..
    2. HR telephone Interview: Fit questions, strengths and weaknesses, background check.. They select the area where you will work after this step.
    3. Interview with the area (two interviewers): Some cases to solve, IT knowledge, background check.. Few candidates in this step.
    4. Offer

Quant Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bbva.

Got called to my office by BBVA HeadHunter to accept to meet the manager and the team directly to their offices... There I got rounds of interviews with quants, traders and finally HR. Classic process ...

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to know well your stochastic calculus (PDEs, Feynmann-Kac) and also products pricing (understanding of smile calibration, stochastic vol...) and you also get a C++ test with the dev team.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bbva.

just got the phone interview, basically a resume review