Beachbody

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President of Digital Acquisition Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview Details – Overall was a pretty negative vibe. Most of the team that interviewed me seemed to be frustrated by internal politics. Was very hard to understand if it was just growing pains or serious constraints.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about how to manage "red-tape." Presented ideas and feedback but got a lot of "we can't do that here" responses.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone screen with hiring manager, then 4 in-person interviews (including with the hiring manager again). In addition, all full time employees must take (and pass) the Watson Glaser assessment. All interviews were behavioral.

Interview Question – None; all questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate bonus and signing bonus

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview Details – Way too many interviews. Condescending people

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Emerald Coach Interview

Emerald Coach
Simi Valley, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Beachbody in August 2012.

Interview Details – No interview process. This is a direct networking sales opportunity.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Anyone can sign up to be a coach.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview Details – Smooth

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable offer in line with what I had in mind.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Lead Software Developer
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beachbody in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a consulting firm to work at Beachbody. Interview process was one impromptu face to face interview and then one longer face to face interview with a bunch of engineers.

Interview Question – Describe most efficient algorithm to determine if nxn tic tac toe board has solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed at Beachbody in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter fairly quickly. They went back and forth with the resume to determine which role I would be better fit for and then sent me a link to take an online test.

The test for very simple about 10-15 questions with multiple choice answers. Next they set up a skype /phone screen. Questions on basic java concepts, spring, design patterns were asked.

A few days later I was called for an in person interview. There were 5 rounds of 1:1 with interviews with the Vice President, hiring manager, architects, team lead and software engineers. Overall the interview process was good.

The office environment had a good vibe, they provide access to their gym and other programs.

Interview Question – Define a datastructure for storing billions of records in memory, spring bean factory and application context, hibernate session   Answer Question

Analyst, Strategy Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beachbody in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely detailed as far as providing specifics on work experience and education. There were two tests: a written case test and a logic test, each which took about an hour. The cast test incorporated MS Access and MS Excel as well as T-SQL.

Interview Question – The case interview was not specific to the industry but tested your logic and reasoning as well as technical skills, both necessary to job function. It was also unexpected to answer so many questions regarding my resume, but somewhat refreshing since I actually put in the work!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found another job with higher pay.

Operations Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beachbody in July 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview process. Met with the manager and then had a 30 minute assesment test on the computer, i.e. "logic" questions. Next step was the vice president and panels of managers and colleagues.

Interview Question – all standard questions   Answer Question

Emerald Coach Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Beachbody in July 2010.

Interview Details – Choosing your sponsor is EVERYTHING! Be careful you're not joining a team within Beachbody that does not have a demonstrated record of performance. Ask about how many Diamond Coaches are currently on the team and the average time it took new Coaches to achieve that rank. This is the best way for you to gauge how likely you are to be able to get the training and support you will need to grow your business. We are all vested in each other's success - it's win-win, so be sure your sponsor has something to contribute to your success, that they're not just trying to further their own rank or profits.

Interview Question – How much time, money and effort are you prepared to commit? How long are you willing to endure failures and rejections without quitting? How willing are you to embrace a culture of personal development?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Beachbody? Contribute to the Community!

Beachbody Videos

Beachbody – Why Work for Us?

Beachbody®, creator of the nation's most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions, was founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jonathan Congdon. Beachbody's many programs—including ®, P90X2®, ®, INSANITY®,®, Hip… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beachbody interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Beachbody employees and interview candidates.