Beachbody Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

Research and Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody in July 2015.

Interview

The actual interview was pleasant and enjoyable. However, the process of scheduling it seemed disorganized. Had to reschedule my interview twice because of scheduling conflicts. The Watson- Glaser test was odd and that process was also chaotic because of scheduling conflicts. However, the HR staff was apologetic with the scheduling issues and overall pleasant to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experiences can be utilized at Beachbody   Answer Question

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Beachbody (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process I have ever experienced. From applying to receiving my first interview was about 6 weeks. I passed the hour-long phone interview and then had a grueling 4 hours of in-person interviews with various executives at their Westlake Village location. That was two months ago. To this day, I have never received any feedback or any response from anyone at Beachbody regarding my interview or the position, despite me emailing their internal recruiter several times. I also emailed the VP who interviewed me and again - no response. Ok - by now I can assume I wasn't successful, but to have rearranged my day (I work full time) and to have spent 5 hours going through a lengthy interview process, for a company as large as Beachbody to completely ignore a candidate (successful or not) is really shocking and just plain rude. If the hiring/interview process is an indication of how Beachbody treats its employees and of the company culture in general, I advise steering well clear.

Interview Questions

• What's your process for starting a large project?   Answer Question

Senior Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Don't even bother applying if you have to take the Glaser Watson test... I went through 6 rounds of phone, webcam, and onsite interviews and aced them all. I didn't do well on the Glaser Watson test and they did not give me an offer just because of it. They made it seem like the test wasn't a big deal but it is. The entire interview process seemed unorganized, people were under qualified for their position and didn't know how to answer questions when asked. It was a waste of my time...

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with to accomplish a goal   1 Answer

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was brought on site for a 4 hour interview with key members. The interview process was standard resume review and qualifier questions asked. It seemed to go very well however, once they were done interviewing there was no next steps. I feel like if you're going to ask someone to take half of their afternoon off that they should at least get what the next steps are. The recruiter emailed me two weeks later stating that this position had been placed on hold. What a complete WASTE of TIME!!

Interview Questions

• How would your reps describe your management style?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews. The first two were on the phone and the third was in person. The first was a technical interview which lasted about 20 minutes. The second was checking my compatibility with the organization and lasted closer to 30 minutes. The third was a deeper dive into both tech and personality match. That was closer to a 2 hour meeting really getting the know the people I would have been working with.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to use data to change the world.   1 Answer

Customer Relations Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was a series of interviews. First, a phone screening with the recruiter. Then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, immediately followed by one with the call center manager, and then an assessment test. Those were on the same visit. The third interview was a series of three interviews with the more senior leaders in the organization. I had a fantastic time with everyone I interacted with - interviewers asked good questions and adapted to me instead of sticking strictly to the interview guide. I felt that everyone did an amazing job of really getting to know me and what kind of fit I would be for the job, as well as allowed me to get to know them and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your idea wasn't adopted.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went against the grain to find the right solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Manager, Strategic Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received an initial phone screening from the recruiter. The phone call was about fifteen minutes, reviewing my resume and skills. At end of phone call, the recruiter said she wanted me to come in for an on-site interview, and would pass my information to the scheduler. I was told the interview would last between 3 - 5 hours, which would include a critical thinking test, and given the names of two people I would interview with. Upon my arrival, I was escorted to an office and told to log on my email, and click through a link to take the test. They sent me an example of the test questions the night before to prepare. The computer shut down about 15 minutes after starting to install updates. I had to search the hallways for the HR rep, so I could get logged into the computer again. It isn't a "timed" test, but they anticipate that you will finish within an hour. I was told all my answers would be saved, but when I logged back on, I had to start all over. The people in the office next door were very loud, and I heard their entire conversation, and it just added another level of stress to the interview process. After I completed the test, I met with one of the interviewers. The questions were pretty straight forward. At one point I was given a "case study," about return rate. I thought he was talking about IRR, but he was talking about return rate of products ordered. It was just messy until I figured out the confusion. At that point I felt the interviewer had decided I wasn't the right candidate. The interview ended shortly after that. I didn't meet the 2nd interviewer, evidently she was pulled into a meeting that was going to last the entire afternoon. I was skeptical that it was true, but waited to see if the HR person followed through with what she told me. I asked the interviewer for his business card, and he didn't have any, the HR person told me that she would send me his contact information before the end of business. She also told me she would reschedule the second interview by phone (since I had come in from out of town for the interview). She didn't do either of those things, but sent me an email 3 days later that they were "pursuing other candidates who we believe more closely match what we are looking." I had read the other negative review about the interview process, but was really eager to work with Beachbody, I really like the product, and have seen the reviews about the company - and just hoped I could make it through the interview. Disappointed not to make the cut, because it seems like once you get in it - is a very collaborative environment with a focus on fitness, and a product to be proud of.

Interview Questions

Beachbody Response

Apr 28, 2015 – Director of Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your comments. You are not the only one who experienced technology and noise issues while taking the assessment. Since your interview we have moved our "interview" room to the main ... More

Instructor Interview

Interview

Interrview process is typical....over the phone at first, then in person. There are interviews that involve two or more individuals. Follow up interviews are often one to one are both sessions are very relaxed in manner.

Interview Questions

Moving to the west coast Is Moran option at this time.

Analyst, Strategy Interview

Interview

I received an email and then an initial phone screening from the recruiter. Phone call was about ten minutes. At end of phone call, recruiter said he would follow-up with another phone interview or on-site interview. The following day, I was asked to interview on site with the hiring manager and a panel of additional members of the team. Employees were generally friendly but seemed very unenthusiastic about their jobs and the company. The office was dated and had a "gym" which really only consisted of giant workout balls, matts, mirrors, and a TV. The office smelled like a gym which was strange.

Interview Questions

• Does anything scare you in regards to this position or the company?   Answer Question

Beachbody Response

Nov 26, 2014 – Director of Talent Acquisition & Development

That is a strange interview question and thanks for letting us know! We apologize if any odor from the gyms came through to our offices! As you know from visiting us, we encourage our employees to ... More

Senior Director Interview

Interview

The company takes their time! Be prepared to wait several weeks to months to find out whether or not you got the job. To be honest- after working here for a few years= it is definitely not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question