Beacon Hill Staffing Group

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.0

Senior QA Engineer Interview

They found me though Dice. We went though the job requirement and description and how it was similar with my experience. During the interview they went over individual resume activity with me describing how it was match. It was direct and pleasant, low pressure.
    They did credit report, they did criminal and background check.

Interview Questions
    Just do some research and ask nicely.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in November 2014.

Their attitude is very helpfu, but do nothing once you went in. Then when you call to follow up the act like they never heard of you before. Very discuraging.

Temporary Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

I applied for a few positions through the website and was contact by one of their recruiters. A few days later I had interview in their DC office. It was a very pleasant time because the recruiter spent most of her time trying to help me pull out the skills and experiences that I had not explicitly stated on my resume. Within just a few days I start my first job doing data entry for a nonprofit and have been working for Beacon Hill for almost 3 months now.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of industry are you looking to temp in?   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in October 2014.

This is another example to why staffing agencies simply do not care. I was called to come in for an interview for a sales support position their client had available. It was about a 3-6 month contract. I was excited because the job description was a match with my qualifications. I go in for the interview, the meeting lasted about 20 minutes and it was over. As I do with everyone I interview with, I send a thank you letter. Did I get a response, no! So, I figured they were busy, I emailed my contact the following week to see what the status was on my resume submission to the client. Nope no response... Two more weeks go by, and I receive an email to complete prove it testing. After I complete all testing, I send an email to my contact for results of my tests. It has now been over a month and I have not received not one ounce of feed back from my contact. I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism with this companies employees. Please do us all a favor and stop wasting our time and energy, if you don't have a position for us, say so, if we don't match up to the criteria say so, it's not that hard to send a quick email.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

After a couple of inquiries (after finding them on Yelp and seeing their ads on Monster) I decided to write to them direct to their website and then again via Monster. I heard nothing. I then finally got an interview but the job was never discussed in depth.

Interview Questions
    • My resume reflected everything they stated in their ad and then some. I also present well, I do not come casual to an interview whether it's with an employment agency or the hiring company itself. Quizzical. I guess my question would be what would I need to do in order to become a viable candidate for BH? They seem to post ads every week.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in April 2014.

The process was easy and smooth. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Questions
    • They were none, but had some question that does not have anything to do with what i applied for.   Answer Question
    no, you can't

Temp Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in January 2014.

Apply online for an open position and you might get a call back for an interview. If you are called for an interview, you are then given the application materials to complete.

The pay was $14hr and way too low for Washington, DC.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadds Ford, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadds Ford, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Initial communications were very thorough. During the negotiation phase, I had to insist on receiving an offer letter prior to my anticipated start date for a temp to perm position. I was notified by phone the day before my start date that the position was no longer available. Very little effort was made to find an alternative placement, so this was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
    I would recommend not accepting any offers from Beacon Hill until you have a written offer letter in hand and even then I would be extremely wary. Beacon Hill did not make a great first impression and it has done very little to find an alternative placement. If you are resigning from a current position to accept an assignment with Beacon Hill, I would have serious misgivings.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

I was interviewed on the phone and told I was to be later contacted for job opportunities, but no calls were made.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will like this position?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Beacon Hill contracted me and we had a phone conversation to see if my experience and skills matched what they were looking to hire for a client. They agreed and decided to submit my resume/application to the client but before they would do that the Beacon staffing consular said that would have to me in person first before they would submit everything. They told me that this "was there policy". I already was out of town at the time so they waited 6 days before submitting my resume until I came into there office in person for a 1-1 interview.
    The 1-1 interview lasted 12 minutes and the same Beacon consular asked same exact basic resume questions that she had already asked me over the phone. Overall I had wasted over an hour commuting each way to come in for a 12 minute interview.

I would not refer Beacon Hill Staffing Group for hiring, additionally I have already not recommended them so submitting potential candidates for hiring on projects that I have been involved with managing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very basic and no creative questions.   Answer Question

I declined to more further along in the interview process.