Beacon Hill Staffing Group

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Interview Details – After a couple of inquiries (after finding them on Yelp and seeing their ads on Monster) I decided to write to them direct to their website and then again via Monster. I heard nothing. I then finally got an interview but the job was never discussed in depth.

Interview Question – My resume reflected everything they stated in their ad and then some. I also present well, I do not come casual to an interview whether it's with an employment agency or the hiring company itself. Quizzical. I guess my question would be what would I need to do in order to become a viable candidate for BH? They seem to post ads every week.   Answer Question

Service Desk Support Administrator for University Hospitals Interview

Service Desk Support Administrator for University Hospitals
Independence, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two people
They were both straight forward
Beacon Hill met me at the location
Other than two other times thats the only time I saw a Beacon Hill Staff member

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All lies

Attorney/Attorney Editor Interview

Attorney/Attorney Editor
Eagan, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy - staffing company. Just need to have the requisite experience. Thomson interview by 2 people on the project...expected questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle boring work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was just contract and Beacon Hill Staffing did all negotiating

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process was easy and smooth. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Question – They were none, but had some question that does not have anything to do with what i applied for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, you can't

Temp Interview Interview

Temp Interview
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online for an open position and you might get a call back for an interview. If you are called for an interview, you are then given the application materials to complete.

Reason for Declining – The pay was $14hr and way too low for Washington, DC.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Chadds Ford, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Interview Details – Initial communications were very thorough. During the negotiation phase, I had to insist on receiving an offer letter prior to my anticipated start date for a temp to perm position. I was notified by phone the day before my start date that the position was no longer available. Very little effort was made to find an alternative placement, so this was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Question – What type of commute would you like to have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would recommend not accepting any offers from Beacon Hill until you have a written offer letter in hand and even then I would be extremely wary. Beacon Hill did not make a great first impression and it has done very little to find an alternative placement. If you are resigning from a current position to accept an assignment with Beacon Hill, I would have serious misgivings.

Contract Attorney Interview

Contract Attorney
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – They use a standard registration interview with general questions about background and experience. About 20 minutes any friendly rather than confrontational

Interview Question – They are simply trying to get a general idea of your background and tell you what to expect from contract attorney work. No questions are intended to trip you up   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Like most legal contract attorney postions each project as a preset rate as well as cap on hours and window of work.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Beacon Hill contracted me and we had a phone conversation to see if my experience and skills matched what they were looking to hire for a client. They agreed and decided to submit my resume/application to the client but before they would do that the Beacon staffing consular said that would have to me in person first before they would submit everything. They told me that this "was there policy". I already was out of town at the time so they waited 6 days before submitting my resume until I came into there office in person for a 1-1 interview.
The 1-1 interview lasted 12 minutes and the same Beacon consular asked same exact basic resume questions that she had already asked me over the phone. Overall I had wasted over an hour commuting each way to come in for a 12 minute interview.

I would not refer Beacon Hill Staffing Group for hiring, additionally I have already not recommended them so submitting potential candidates for hiring on projects that I have been involved with managing.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, very basic and no creative questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined to more further along in the interview process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone and told I was to be later contacted for job opportunities, but no calls were made.

Interview Question – Do you think you will like this position?   View Answer

Temp Interview

Temp

Interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group

Interview Details – Interviewed at the DC office. Professional and supportive staff that provided coaching on points on my employment history that I should focus on when interviewing for temp positions. Very committed to finding the right fit and communicating regularly. I ended up finding a permanent job elsewhere but would recommend Beacon Hill Staffing for seeking temp positions in the DC Metro area.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly standard: strengths, weaknesses, and so forth. I was asked to go through each position on my resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Beacon Hill Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!