Beacon Hill Staffing Group

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.0

Temp Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Applied online through a Craigslist advert. Met with a BH Recruiter, went over my resume, and goals. Came for a follow up before an interview and had a preInterview. I found it very helpful, they really prepared a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question about what you wanted from the job experience.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

After a couple of inquiries (after finding them on Yelp and seeing their ads on Monster) I decided to write to them direct to their website and then again via Monster. I heard nothing. I then finally got an interview but the job was never discussed in depth.

Interview Questions
    • My resume reflected everything they stated in their ad and then some. I also present well, I do not come casual to an interview whether it's with an employment agency or the hiring company itself. Quizzical. I guess my question would be what would I need to do in order to become a viable candidate for BH? They seem to post ads every week.   Answer Question

Service Desk Support Administrator for University Hospitals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in January 2012.

Was interviewed by two people
    They were both straight forward
    Beacon Hill met me at the location
    Other than two other times thats the only time I saw a Beacon Hill Staff member

All lies

Attorney/Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Pretty easy - staffing company. Just need to have the requisite experience. Thomson interview by 2 people on the project...expected questions.

I was just contract and Beacon Hill Staffing did all negotiating

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in April 2014.

The process was easy and smooth. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Questions
    • They were none, but had some question that does not have anything to do with what i applied for.   Answer Question
    no, you can't

Temp Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in January 2014.

Apply online for an open position and you might get a call back for an interview. If you are called for an interview, you are then given the application materials to complete.

The pay was $14hr and way too low for Washington, DC.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chadds Ford, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadds Ford, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Initial communications were very thorough. During the negotiation phase, I had to insist on receiving an offer letter prior to my anticipated start date for a temp to perm position. I was notified by phone the day before my start date that the position was no longer available. Very little effort was made to find an alternative placement, so this was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
    I would recommend not accepting any offers from Beacon Hill until you have a written offer letter in hand and even then I would be extremely wary. Beacon Hill did not make a great first impression and it has done very little to find an alternative placement. If you are resigning from a current position to accept an assignment with Beacon Hill, I would have serious misgivings.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in November 2012.

They use a standard registration interview with general questions about background and experience. About 20 minutes any friendly rather than confrontational

Interview Questions
    • They are simply trying to get a general idea of your background and tell you what to expect from contract attorney work. No questions are intended to trip you up   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Like most legal contract attorney postions each project as a preset rate as well as cap on hours and window of work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in August 2013.

Beacon Hill contracted me and we had a phone conversation to see if my experience and skills matched what they were looking to hire for a client. They agreed and decided to submit my resume/application to the client but before they would do that the Beacon staffing consular said that would have to me in person first before they would submit everything. They told me that this "was there policy". I already was out of town at the time so they waited 6 days before submitting my resume until I came into there office in person for a 1-1 interview.
    The 1-1 interview lasted 12 minutes and the same Beacon consular asked same exact basic resume questions that she had already asked me over the phone. Overall I had wasted over an hour commuting each way to come in for a 12 minute interview.

I would not refer Beacon Hill Staffing Group for hiring, additionally I have already not recommended them so submitting potential candidates for hiring on projects that I have been involved with managing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very basic and no creative questions.   Answer Question

I declined to more further along in the interview process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

I was interviewed on the phone and told I was to be later contacted for job opportunities, but no calls were made.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will like this position?   View Answer

Worked for Beacon Hill Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!