Beacon Partners Interview Questions

Corporate Services Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beacon Partners.

Interview

I applied and was called for an interview I did one phone interview less than a week later. I found the interviewer to be professional and polite. Did not ask specific role questions at that time but instead more basic background information. Another week after I was invited for a face to face interviewer, the process took about 2 hours in whole, I interviewed with my prospective manager as well as two people who would be potential co-workers and met again with an HR employee. I found the process to be what I would expect during a job interview, nothing out of the ordinary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Beacon Partners.

Interview

Very formal interview process. Interviewed twice on the phone and brought to Boston for a formal interview with HR and 2 VPs. HR rep was very nice and the VPs were very politie but also very direct. Additionally, I would recommend that the canidadates do research on the firm before going into the interview with the VPs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beacon Partners in June 2014.

Interview

I am a graphic designer with 17 years of experience (currently unemployed like many in this field). The job description (marketing graphic designer) did not list any web development skills (HTML/CSS, javascript, etc.) as a requirement (I found that odd, but as I have HTML/CSS I wasn't worried if it came up later). The HR rep contacted me and we had a telephone interview. These are a terrible way to filter candidates, but I did my best and she said the next step would be another telephone interview with her team. One week later she called me to say her team had passed on my candidacy because they decided to focus on finding someone with "more technical / web development skills." The job just reappeared on LinkedIn, and not a single modification was made to the job description to include "web development" -- NO MENTION of HTML/CSS, javascript, etc. I have to conclude I was rejected for "other" reasons (like my age, my lack of employment).

Mid Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Beacon Partners (Weymouth, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Set up a follow up interview with the hiring manager who never called, apparently "scheduling mix up". Rescheduled phone interview, went well. They set up a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I show up for the interview and am told the hiring manager is busy, I will meet with someone who reports to her. Hours later I'm told they hired someone else. I have no problem not getting the role, that's what the interview process is about. But having me take time off to come in for an interview when they've already decided on someone else, and having the hiring manager miss 2 out of 3 meetings scheduled, is unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for the candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Beacon Partners (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Involved and inclusive

Interview Questions

• Some difficult behavioral questions, although the interviewers were very nice.   Answer Question

Beacon has lost a lot of talent lately, the company could not explain the reasons for this.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Beacon Partners in February 2012.

Interview

Beacon has a long interview process, going through several conversations with recruiting/HR. There is then an interview with whoever will be your manager. If that goes well, they schedule a Skype interview with the next management level up. Following that, there may be more interviews before you get to negotiations on salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• There were no really unexpected or difficult questions. All were pretty standard for the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very long and tedious. Lots of back and forth with long waits in between communications.

Sales Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beacon Partners (Weymouth, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Thorough Phone interview 40min. Then two 1:1 interviews on same day. FIrst: 15 min general overview. Second: one hour very intense. Interviewer had list of scripted questions without pause for discussion. Beacon doesn't allow flexibility in 8:30-5:30p required hours and that presented a challenge for my personal work-family-life balance. Very formal marketing literature about benefits was given at interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you needed an Executive to sign a document by the end of the day for a deadline and they were unreachable and out of the office?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Beacon Partners (Weymouth, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Huge HR department as this company provides IT outsourcing services in the Healthcare arena. Professional and courteous HR staff and a very pleasant HR director. No dedicated IT director, but IT staff is small. Great benefits (holiday/vacation), great location. Growth potential appears positive. Seems like a nice place!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle executive requests for technology that you may not find necessary or agree with?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beacon Partners in February 2012.

Interview

Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and laid back. The interview process seemed more about trying to get me on board than anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your skills on a 1-5 scale with X module?   1 Answer