Bealls

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – interviewed twice- 1st with Store manager and district manager situational questions 2nd- with two store managers same situational questions but more informal not serious at all. I met the store manager at a job fair from my school very nice/pleasant person asked a couple of short questions but all personal.

Interview Question – Really dug in on why i was leaving my past job---but for most part all basic situational stuff...whats your strengths/weakness etc.   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Merchandise Manager
Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bealls in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for Merchandise Manager with a resume of merchandising experience. Received a call from a Store Manager for an in store area manager interview. Interviewed over the phone, then agreed to in person interview. Then I looked up the position. It was significantly below my experience (basically a Department Manager) for a store location I would not have applied for. Here is my advice to your hiring people- don't demean your applicants. If you want to reject me for the position I applied for, I can take it. But please don't assume I am so desperate for you to just plug me into any low level position you have available. Not only did I cancel the interview, but I will never shop at your store again. So In this case, that approach is not working out for you.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Fort Myers, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bealls in January 2010.

Interview Details – long & too much paperwork!

Reason for Declining – Pay was LOW!

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brandon, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bealls in May 2013.

Interview Details – making sure we have basic talking skills and not too shy about talking to people or selling the products in the office. they did it as a group interview asking the regular interview questions of teamwork and past experience with work. Cashiering was a big point and making sure you have money handling/retail experience.

Interview Question – to sell one of the things in the manager's office like sunglasses or a stapler to another person getting interviewed. couldn't repeat how the other person sold the item had to be fresh and unique it was kinda difficult for the last people to sell things and not stutter/come up with fresh ideas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called me a day or 2 later and told me my pay and no negotiations everyone gets paid pretty much the same 8 a hour

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Hobe Sound, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – 1st interview went great,

Interview Question – salary   Answer Question

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Freelance Graphic Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – Very informal - low level stress. Just enjoyed a nice dialogue along with portfolio review. Enjoyable.

Interview Question – Informal Discussion did not require difficult questions   Answer Question

Copywriter & Proofreader Interview

Copywriter & Proofreader
Bradenton, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – Detailed but friendly interview. Standard questions accompanied by skill specific questions. Interview lasted about average length. Received a call later that evening to submit writing samples and was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Area Supervisor Interview

Area Supervisor
Mesa, AZ

Interviewed at Bealls

Interview Details – I applied directly at the store and was interviewed that same day. It was a very short and typical interview, asking the usual interview questions. I originally applied for a sales associate position but was offered a supervisors position instead. There was only one interview with the Store Manager, who asked questions off of a list.

Interview Question – All of the questions were typical interview questions. Work history, strongest/weakest feature etc...   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – One interview. In person

Interview Question – My greatest assets to the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Palestine, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bealls.

Interview Details – the interview process was fine for this job, lasted for maybe ten minutes, however it took over two weeks to hear back from them, there is not really any actual training, you are forced to watch a bunch of videos and answer questions and take a quiz but there is no on the job training you are just thrown out there and have to figure out on your own

Interview Question – the questions were all commonplace   Answer Question

Worked for Bealls? Contribute to the Community!