Bealls

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bealls in November 2014.

Well it took about 5 days after filling out the application online before I got a call. I went in for the interview this past Friday interview process was fairly easy. Questions about why do I you want to work for Bealls, rate your ability to work fast under pressure etc. . Got call back the following day for an offer.

N/A

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bealls in November 2014.

Lots of explanation about the company. Exchange of information with interviewee encouraged to talk about her retail experience and past jobs.
    Questions included: Tell me about someone you trained for a job, how you went about it and the outcome. What is one management skill you continue to work on? What would your ultimate career goal be with Beall's if you were hired? Why do you want to work for Beall's? How do you manage multiple tasks at the same time?

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been asked to set goals in a job and how did you achieve them.   Answer Question

Store Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bealls.

Interviewed with four senior managers and was offered the job almost immediately. No HR involvement until the offer was made. The people I talked to were very positive and seemed fairly well prepared. I did not interview with my direct supervisor and it was initially unclear who I was directly reporting to after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating, the offer was inflexible.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bealls.

There is only one interview which is a pretty easy process. You will either be called or receive an email about the interview. I have been hired at the interview twice. Pretty simple, just be professional and honest, show up on time, and prepare to answer questions about how you would go beyond to help customers and times where you exceeded expectations. Also some personality questions just sell your good attributes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Oglethorpe, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bealls in August 2014.

I came in expecting a formal interview, but one of the sales associates had apparently called out, so the Store Manager was really busy. The "interview" ended up being a 5-minute exchange with me in front of the sales counter, and her behind it asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not sure. The interview was so brief and informal, it wasn't at all challenging. Although she did ask me if I would like to start as a manager rather than the sales associate position I had applied for. I declined. All I was looking for was a low-stress, part-time gig to supplement my income while I attend college. That's the only reason I applied there in the first place.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bealls.

It was a group interview. Pretty much hire anyone willing to work and needs a paycheck. Act like you want it and you'll get it. They know people are in need for a job with this economy so they only offer part time and $8.00 an hour.

No negotiations. Take it or leave it type.

Area Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bealls.

interviewed twice- 1st with Store manager and district manager situational questions 2nd- with two store managers same situational questions but more informal not serious at all. I met the store manager at a job fair from my school very nice/pleasant person asked a couple of short questions but all personal.

Interview Questions
    • Really dug in on why i was leaving my past job---but for most part all basic situational stuff...whats your strengths/weakness etc.   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bealls in March 2014.

I applied online for Merchandise Manager with a resume of merchandising experience. Received a call from a Store Manager for an in store area manager interview. Interviewed over the phone, then agreed to in person interview. Then I looked up the position. It was significantly below my experience (basically a Department Manager) for a store location I would not have applied for. Here is my advice to your hiring people- don't demean your applicants. If you want to reject me for the position I applied for, I can take it. But please don't assume I am so desperate for you to just plug me into any low level position you have available. Not only did I cancel the interview, but I will never shop at your store again. So In this case, that approach is not working out for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Griffin, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Griffin, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bealls in January 2014.

I did an application online then shortly after was called to schedule an interview time. The actual interview was pretty quick and an offer was made on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation. They made an offer and I had to decide yes or no.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobe Sound, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobe Sound, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bealls.

1st interview went great,