Beam Global Spirits & Wine Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
11 interviews

3.1

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine.

Submitted resume through a friend who works there. Phone screen with HR, 4 30-min behavioral interviews, 3 1-hr interviews that were case/conversational. Very quick and smooth process as they were looking to hire someone ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • Consulting type case question about whether to buy a company.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward negotiation of salary/start date.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in January 2013.

3 hour interview with 4 different people. Mostly from what is in my resume

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in May 2010.

They brought me in for the day. It consisted of meeting hiring manager, Controller, HR Manager and lunch with peers.

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine.

3 phone interviews and 3 face to face, one with supervisor, one with visional manager, one with regional VP

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of specific questions about past situations.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in November 2013.

My initial interview was well organized and professional. I met with three people, each for an hour. Each person asked his own questions, and everyone was friendly and interesting. They all commented that the position needed to be filled ASAP. My second interview was scheduled two weeks later. I arrived 15 minutes early and proceeded to wait 90 minutes for the interviewer. 90 minutes!! An admin assistant came to me and said he was tied up in a meeting and they would call me to reschedule. That was on a Friday afternoon. The following Monday I was told that there would be no interview because I was unprofessional for leaving after 90 minutes of waiting. I was shocked and quite disappointed in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when the VP who is supposed to interview you does not show up?   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in October 2009.

My in-person interview with the HR manager lasted about 45 minutes. He was on time for the appointment and had obviously read my resume in advance. I thought the interview went well, but the feedback from my recruiter was not good.

I did get the impression that there was a lot of competition for the job, and that I was one of several candidates being screened by HR. Maybe I came across too strongly for the interviewers taste, but that is the only time in approximately 20 screening interviews over the last three job searches that I didn't pass the screening interview.

Although the company is engaged in the production and distribution of alcoholic beverages, and I get that booze is the product, it was weird walking around the office and seeing all the bottles (full) on display. Maybe that is something to which employees just grow accustomed after awhile, but for guests and first-timers, I think it's very grating and "in your face".

ABM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in April 2013.

Submitted resume through former classmate, HR reached out for initial phone interview. Has been two weeks and haven't heard anything either way. Next steps would be several rounds of case and behavioral interviews.

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clermont, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Clermont, KY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in September 2012.

This interview was set-up by some company in Texas. This person worked extremely hard to get me the interview. I wasn't given an address. Beam Global in Clermont, KY is a large campus. I ended up at a temporary location that this particular department was using. Interview was OK.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with working in a Global Business Services Center or a Shared Services Center?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant/Promotions Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in November 2011.

Planned well for interview in terms of typical questions asked as well as did a lot of online research about the company. However, phone interview asked questions that while direct and simple, I did not have a simple answer to give.

International Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine in September 2010.

Was contacted by HR for a phone interview. After the phone interview was completed, I was sent a personality test to fill out. Two days later I was called and asked to come in and interview with the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager one on one.

Interview Questions

Worked for Beam Global Spirits & Wine? Contribute to the Community!