Bear Stearns

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
East Hanover, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bear Stearns in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the hiring manager to come over for a personal interview. Felt very positive meeting the hiring manager. He showed commitment and good work ethics. Interview started with him and his supervisor. They conducted the interview professionally and I was able to answer all their questions and accepted the offer

Interview Question – How will you determine a stock is buy vs Sell given normal business conditions for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negatiation was very much not there since this was a consulting position. Have an open mind while negotiating.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bear Stearns in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted for an interview over the phone and then went into the Bear Stearns offices to meet 3 separate people

Interview Question – One of the most ridiculous questions I heard was "how many people work in the Bear Stearns office in NY." One of the interviewers was fuming when I didn't have an answer to that, and it seemed absurd.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bear Stearns in June 2008.

Interview Details – overall experience was pretty good. Met with 10 people ranging from analyst level to managing director. People were nice and approachable and easy to talk to. Got a few brain teasers but nothing impossible. Afterwards, they took all the interviewees out to a buffet for some networking and for people to ask questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Bear Stearns in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, and got couple of email notifications about scheduling interviews, also got a call directly from an interviewer to schedule an interview. First round interviews are phone interviews, then superday in NY office (but not MS's main office, which is weird).

Interview Question – Tell me someting apart from what is in your resume   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Trader
London, England (UK)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bear Stearns in March 2008.

Interview Details – Did some mathematical reasoning test, if you colour in a cube 10x10 how many unpainted sides are there - also lots of what did you learn today etc etc. Talked about my dissertation and why and how you could improve nuclear waste disposal etc. discussed camper van trip which I went on why I did it how insurance costs etc.

Interview Question – What did you learn yesterday   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Thought the job wouldn't be intelletually stimulating, and had a better job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bear Stearns? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bear Stearns interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bear Stearns employees and interview candidates.