BearingPoint

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint in October 2008.

The whole interview process itself consisted of 2 interviews, one on my college site and one in their corporate headquarters.
The initial communications with the company was done through my college career site. Afterwards a 1:1 interview was set up with a senior project manager. The interview was set up to be casual, as to put less pressure on the interviewee. The interview itself was fairly simple, just behavioral questions and nothing tricky. The only question that might have been considered tricky was naming a movie, book, or show that you liked and how it motivates you.
As for preparation for the first interview just know the general information about the company, but nothing technical is needed since all the questions are behavioral. Just be familiar with the company and your resume.
After the first interview is done about 1-2 weeks I heard back from them for a second interview on site. Before the actual interviews take place you get a quick background presentation about the company and general information about how they do things. This is done with a group of people who are also there for their second interviews as well. After the presentation they have new hires come in to talk with the group in case there is any questions for them.
The interview there consisted with talking with 2 other individuals who I believe were also senior project managers. The interview there was not much different from the first except less tricky and more on whether you actually want to work there and if you're a good fit. All the questions were behavioral. For preparation just be familiar with what the job actually entails, and be familiar with the company and your resume. One question I remember off the top of my head that wasn't about the resume was what I thought business analysts did, so all in all it was very simple.

My perceptions of the people interviewing me are pretty positive. They seemed really easy to approach and talk to so there wasn't that much pressure during interviews. One problem I had was just contacting the general recruiter though. Emails don't work that well with the recruiter I and when I called usually no one picked it. Other than that the actual interviewers were nice people and easy to get along with.
The office was also pretty nice, something you'd expect from a business in McLean. Nothing really special about it but it is a multi-floor building thats pretty large and has a nice view of the McLean area from upper levels.
The work culture seems to be really easy going. No suits required when working in the building, just business casual. Though professional dress is required when meeting with clients. The new hires came and talked with us also seemed very easy going and nice.

Interview Questions
  • Name a movie, book, or show that you saw and how did that motivate/inspire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BearingPoint

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint.

I applied online for an advertised role and heard back within a week inviting me to schedule a telephone interview. The phone interview was okay, asked some competency questions and the usual - why do you want to be a consultant? Why BearingPoint etc.

Within a week I was notified of a face-to-face interview. This was with 2 managers, the atmosphere was inviting and both made an effort to put me at ease. It was an almost 3 hour long process, I had pre-prepared a presentation on a topic they gave me - I had 10 minutes to present this to them. There was also a 45 minute competency based/tell us more about you interview, and an hour with a 3 page case study after which you had 10 minutes to present the case back to the interviewers.

A week after that I was called for a final round interview. This was shorter but more tense, it was a 'fit' style interview with two different managers.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge what do you think the 5 year strategic plan should look like?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint in November 2013.

Phone call, then a 2 hours interview with the Managing Director and a Partner.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint in December 2011.

Send a covering letter and CV to head of recruitment. Initial telephone interview on my background, reasons for wanting to be a consultant, my understanding of the job role etc.

Assessment centre- Short speech/ presentation on a personal topic. Group exercise for a case study of a company in need of consulting help. Written exercise- some maths, some grammatical. Case study interview with 2 managers.

Then some people got through to partner interview

Interview Questions
    • Partner interview was incredibly relaxed/ informal. General chat about things going on with the business and with you (the interviewee)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BearingPoint in August 2009.

1. IQ test;
    2. panel interview, doing a group case;
    3. 1 on 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, just give you the contract directly.