BearingPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BearingPoint (New York, NY).

Interview

It was tough... a lot of rough questions... I was only hired for a few days but it was a good experience. There is not much else to say. It is tough to run a failing company. But at the end of the day the interview was well worth it. I met a lot of interesting people and I had a lot of fun getting to know my soon to be new colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the company out of bankruptcy?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Very easy, they asked me to come for in-person interview. They interviewed me as a formality as I was already working for them through a subcontractor. Interview was super easy -- it was more them telling me about how great the company is etc.

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BearingPoint.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was quick. Headhunter contacted me about the position. Interview was one week later. Further interviews were during the same week. Questions related around processes and procedures and technical abilities. Hired for contract within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the change control process and your role within it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BearingPoint (McLean, VA).

Interview

Referred. Interviewed and accepted in a week.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BearingPoint (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

recruiter called, I interviewed 2 times by 3 different Partners

Interview Questions

• How does your personality work for you to fit into this organizational culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BearingPoint (McLean, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

Outstanding interview process Continued status updates

Interview Questions

• Would you relocate for the firm?   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 offer and 1 counter and met in the middle

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BearingPoint (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Professional Hiring process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BearingPoint (McLean, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview and onboarding process was fairly well-managed; expectations were properly set, including noting that excessive bench time was not something to look forward to

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimal negotiation, all terms were met

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BearingPoint (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview itself was in a neutral location, in a coffee house (!) but it was completely legit. Two subsequent interviews were conducted via telephone, so this was an interesting process, though not what I was used to. The interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• "We have offices all over the world , even in (a then dangerous part of the Middle East)." I then had to ask if I would be required to travel there. (I was not willing.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Amicable. Not a lot of haggling. They based my salary on my former salary plus 7%.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BearingPoint (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Long, unorganized and job-specific. Company went BK a few months later. People at mid-levels were good and thorough. Sr. Level MD's and Sr. Managers were scrambling and looking for the next thing. Too bad Executive Management drove this one into the ground with bad financing decisions. Sold off to PWC.

Interview Questions

• Case studies. Brain teasers and non-traditional questions.   Answer Question

Future stability of Company.