BearingPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BearingPoint in July 2008.

Had to go through Background Check. Had interviews with Three different Managers. They mostly wanted to see if you could hit the ground running.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult if you made sure to review the role that you were being placed in.   View Answer
    They send you an Acceptance letter with the job offer and salary, (which is negotiable, I asked for more and got it.)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in February 2009.

Long, unorganized and job-specific. Company went BK a few months later.

People at mid-levels were good and thorough. Sr. Level MD's and Sr. Managers were scrambling and looking for the next thing.

Too bad Executive Management drove this one into the ground with bad financing decisions.

Sold off to PWC.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies. Brain teasers and non-traditional questions.   Answer Question

Future stability of Company.

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BearingPoint in November 2008.

I thought the process was very fair and professional. i met the recruiter at a career fair and we struck up a conversation. We followed this up with a phone interview, and then I and a bunch of other candidates came in for interviews. I had an offer within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions
    i was able to negotiate by speaking about an offer at another company. I asked them to match it. That was all - I didn't push too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in October 2008.

The whole interview process itself consisted of 2 interviews, one on my college site and one in their corporate headquarters.
    The initial communications with the company was done through my college career site. Afterwards a 1:1 interview was set up with a senior project manager. The interview was set up to be casual, as to put less pressure on the interviewee. The interview itself was fairly simple, just behavioral questions and nothing tricky. The only question that might have been considered tricky was naming a movie, book, or show that you liked and how it motivates you.
    As for preparation for the first interview just know the general information about the company, but nothing technical is needed since all the questions are behavioral. Just be familiar with the company and your resume.
    After the first interview is done about 1-2 weeks I heard back from them for a second interview on site. Before the actual interviews take place you get a quick background presentation about the company and general information about how they do things. This is done with a group of people who are also there for their second interviews as well. After the presentation they have new hires come in to talk with the group in case there is any questions for them.
    The interview there consisted with talking with 2 other individuals who I believe were also senior project managers. The interview there was not much different from the first except less tricky and more on whether you actually want to work there and if you're a good fit. All the questions were behavioral. For preparation just be familiar with what the job actually entails, and be familiar with the company and your resume. One question I remember off the top of my head that wasn't about the resume was what I thought business analysts did, so all in all it was very simple.

My perceptions of the people interviewing me are pretty positive. They seemed really easy to approach and talk to so there wasn't that much pressure during interviews. One problem I had was just contacting the general recruiter though. Emails don't work that well with the recruiter I and when I called usually no one picked it. Other than that the actual interviewers were nice people and easy to get along with.
    The office was also pretty nice, something you'd expect from a business in McLean. Nothing really special about it but it is a multi-floor building thats pretty large and has a nice view of the McLean area from upper levels.
    The work culture seems to be really easy going. No suits required when working in the building, just business casual. Though professional dress is required when meeting with clients. The new hires came and talked with us also seemed very easy going and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a movie, book, or show that you saw and how did that motivate/inspire you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BearingPoint in April 2008.

The recruiter contacted me and clarified some details on my resume. She set me up for an interview. At the interview I met with four individuals one at a time. It took approximately 2.5 hrs to interview with everyone. All interviewers were courtious and friendly. Make sure you wear your best suit, if you're not wearing a suit you might as well not come in. We wear suits on a daily basis and if you can't wear one to the interview they will not hire you!!! Make sure you know your resume front and back. The interviewer is a subject matter expert, they will know when you are stretching the truth.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. When I initially talked to the recruiter she asked what my bottom line salary was. When they made me an offer, it was above what I expected to get. You can't negotiate the benefits because most of them are voluntary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint.

There was pretty simple interview process. Had an interview with HR lady and with Sr Manager afterwords.
    Interview itself was rather simple - just few questions about my experience and projects background. There was good rapport built with interviewer from the very beggining and interview was not a problem at all.

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint.

The entire hiring process was handled via the Internet and it was very convenient. Afterwards I had two personal interviews. I had a feeling than in interviews was most important to be confident and (unfortunately) there was no skills test.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not really fan of questions like: where do you see yorself in 5 years or why did you choose our company?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint.

I applied online for an advertised role and heard back within a week inviting me to schedule a telephone interview. The phone interview was okay, asked some competency questions and the usual - why do you want to be a consultant? Why BearingPoint etc.

Within a week I was notified of a face-to-face interview. This was with 2 managers, the atmosphere was inviting and both made an effort to put me at ease. It was an almost 3 hour long process, I had pre-prepared a presentation on a topic they gave me - I had 10 minutes to present this to them. There was also a 45 minute competency based/tell us more about you interview, and an hour with a 3 page case study after which you had 10 minutes to present the case back to the interviewers.

A week after that I was called for a final round interview. This was shorter but more tense, it was a 'fit' style interview with two different managers.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge what do you think the 5 year strategic plan should look like?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in November 2013.

Phone call, then a 2 hours interview with the Managing Director and a Partner.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BearingPoint.

Going over your CV and motivation letter. You have to give examples of every claim you make in your motivation letter.
    You will get an estimation case like the ones below and you will get a case where you get a certain project for a company and you have to explain how you will handle it/which steps you will take to find a solution.

Interview Questions
    • How many buildings are there in Etterbeek (Brussels)?
      How much does an Airbus 320 weigh?
        View Answer