BearingPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint (McLean, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

very difficult interview process, sometimes very confusing questions with no specific answers expected. More focused on behavior type of questions / answers. Not really into technical questions but more on general management and business development.

Interview Questions

• describe top 3 things you would like to improve on your weakness from your current job. and then they nail you down on your weakness... very bad attitude. Also they came up with some weird client scenario and asked me how would i respond if i was with the client at that time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations - take it or leave it. there was an offer and when discussing over the phone for a better pay, they would not negotiate. it was very difficult to negotiate with the person.

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BearingPoint (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The second interview was face to face with a Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• What didn't you enjoy about serving in the Armed Forces.   Answer Question

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at BearingPoint (Arlington, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

I thought the process was very fair and professional. i met the recruiter at a career fair and we struck up a conversation. We followed this up with a phone interview, and then I and a bunch of other candidates came in for interviews. I had an offer within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate by speaking about an offer at another company. I asked them to match it. That was all - I didn't push too hard.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BearingPoint (McLean, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

The whole interview process itself consisted of 2 interviews, one on my college site and one in their corporate headquarters.
    The initial communications with the company was done through my college career site. Afterwards a 1:1 interview was set up with a senior project manager. The interview was set up to be casual, as to put less pressure on the interviewee. The interview itself was fairly simple, just behavioral questions and nothing tricky. The only question that might have been considered tricky was naming a movie, book, or show that you liked and how it motivates you.
    As for preparation for the first interview just know the general information about the company, but nothing technical is needed since all the questions are behavioral. Just be familiar with the company and your resume.
    After the first interview is done about 1-2 weeks I heard back from them for a second interview on site. Before the actual interviews take place you get a quick background presentation about the company and general information about how they do things. This is done with a group of people who are also there for their second interviews as well. After the presentation they have new hires come in to talk with the group in case there is any questions for them.
    The interview there consisted with talking with 2 other individuals who I believe were also senior project managers. The interview there was not much different from the first except less tricky and more on whether you actually want to work there and if you're a good fit. All the questions were behavioral. For preparation just be familiar with what the job actually entails, and be familiar with the company and your resume. One question I remember off the top of my head that wasn't about the resume was what I thought business analysts did, so all in all it was very simple.

My perceptions of the people interviewing me are pretty positive. They seemed really easy to approach and talk to so there wasn't that much pressure during interviews. One problem I had was just contacting the general recruiter though. Emails don't work that well with the recruiter I and when I called usually no one picked it. Other than that the actual interviewers were nice people and easy to get along with.
    The office was also pretty nice, something you'd expect from a business in McLean. Nothing really special about it but it is a multi-floor building thats pretty large and has a nice view of the McLean area from upper levels.
    The work culture seems to be really easy going. No suits required when working in the building, just business casual. Though professional dress is required when meeting with clients. The new hires came and talked with us also seemed very easy going and nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a movie, book, or show that you saw and how did that motivate/inspire you?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BearingPoint (San Diego, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Had to go through Background Check. Had interviews with Three different Managers. They mostly wanted to see if you could hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult if you made sure to review the role that you were being placed in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They send you an Acceptance letter with the job offer and salary, (which is negotiable, I asked for more and got it.)

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BearingPoint in April 2008.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and clarified some details on my resume. She set me up for an interview. At the interview I met with four individuals one at a time. It took approximately 2.5 hrs to interview with everyone. All interviewers were courtious and friendly. Make sure you wear your best suit, if you're not wearing a suit you might as well not come in. We wear suits on a daily basis and if you can't wear one to the interview they will not hire you!!! Make sure you know your resume front and back. The interviewer is a subject matter expert, they will know when you are stretching the truth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. When I initially talked to the recruiter she asked what my bottom line salary was. When they made me an offer, it was above what I expected to get. You can't negotiate the benefits because most of them are voluntary.

Grad Developer Interview

Interview

5 stage interview process.

Stage 1: Phone interview involving CV review, a bit of HR and some technical coding based questions
    Stage 2: Technical test, simple Java coding exercise held in their offices
    Stage 3: Technical interview, involved preparing presentation on a technical topic/project of my choosing
    Stage 4: HR interview, typical HR questions
    Stage 5: Final interview, short chat about CV and HR questions

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BearingPoint.

Interview

The application requires you to open an account on the company's website which looks very messy and difficult to use.

After 3 weeks the HR sent me an email that they don't have any jobs for me without giving any further details. Waste of time.

Masterand Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BearingPoint.

Interview

Klassische Bewerbung per Mail und folgende Einladung zum Gespräch. Dieses erfolgte in netter Atmosphäre im Büro des zuständigen Managers, weitere Teilnehmer gab es nicht. Sehr angenehmes Gespräch ohne die klassischen Vorstellungsgespräch Fragen - stattdessen plauderten wir (beide!) über das was wir in unserem Leben schon so gemacht haben (von Studium über Reisen bis hin zur Familie). Schade war, dass es keine genaue Vorstellung zum Inhalt der Master Thesis gab. Ich hätte mir zumindest einen Rahmen gewünscht.

Zu geringe Vergütung (500€ pro Monat). Das ist ein Standardsatz - da kann sich wohl auch kein Partner drüber hinweg setzen.

Interview

Applied online and had the first interview by phone.

Next interviews were in person and contained analytic, logical and math tests. Then two different case interviews, one more quantitative and the other more qualitative. Got some data to analyze, nothing complicated.

No personal interview, only case, felt a bit weird.

Interview Questions

• How large do you think the margin of error is? (After A LOT of calculations)   Answer Question