BearingPoint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in January 2010.

Interview Details – Outstanding interview process
Continued status updates

Interview Question – Would you relocate for the firm?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 1 offer and 1 counter and met in the middle

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview and onboarding process was fairly well-managed; expectations were properly set, including noting that excessive bench time was not something to look forward to

Interview Question – What are 3 growth areas for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimal negotiation, all terms were met

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BearingPoint.

Interview Details – Referred. Interviewed and accepted in a week.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in January 2009.

Interview Details – very difficult interview process, sometimes very confusing questions with no specific answers expected. More focused on behavior type of questions / answers. Not really into technical questions but more on general management and business development.

Interview Question – describe top 3 things you would like to improve on your weakness from your current job. and then they nail you down on your weakness... very bad attitude. Also they came up with some weird client scenario and asked me how would i respond if i was with the client at that time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations - take it or leave it. there was an offer and when discussing over the phone for a better pay, they would not negotiate. it was very difficult to negotiate with the person.

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Senior Management Analyst
Arlington, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BearingPoint in November 2008.

Interview Details – I thought the process was very fair and professional. i met the recruiter at a career fair and we struck up a conversation. We followed this up with a phone interview, and then I and a bunch of other candidates came in for interviews. I had an offer within a week of my interview.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate by speaking about an offer at another company. I asked them to match it. That was all - I didn't push too hard.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BearingPoint in October 2008.

Interview Details – The whole interview process itself consisted of 2 interviews, one on my college site and one in their corporate headquarters.
The initial communications with the company was done through my college career site. Afterwards a 1:1 interview was set up with a senior project manager. The interview was set up to be casual, as to put less pressure on the interviewee. The interview itself was fairly simple, just behavioral questions and nothing tricky. The only question that might have been considered tricky was naming a movie, book, or show that you liked and how it motivates you.
As for preparation for the first interview just know the general information about the company, but nothing technical is needed since all the questions are behavioral. Just be familiar with the company and your resume.
After the first interview is done about 1-2 weeks I heard back from them for a second interview on site. Before the actual interviews take place you get a quick background presentation about the company and general information about how they do things. This is done with a group of people who are also there for their second interviews as well. After the presentation they have new hires come in to talk with the group in case there is any questions for them.
The interview there consisted with talking with 2 other individuals who I believe were also senior project managers. The interview there was not much different from the first except less tricky and more on whether you actually want to work there and if you're a good fit. All the questions were behavioral. For preparation just be familiar with what the job actually entails, and be familiar with the company and your resume. One question I remember off the top of my head that wasn't about the resume was what I thought business analysts did, so all in all it was very simple.

My perceptions of the people interviewing me are pretty positive. They seemed really easy to approach and talk to so there wasn't that much pressure during interviews. One problem I had was just contacting the general recruiter though. Emails don't work that well with the recruiter I and when I called usually no one picked it. Other than that the actual interviewers were nice people and easy to get along with.
The office was also pretty nice, something you'd expect from a business in McLean. Nothing really special about it but it is a multi-floor building thats pretty large and has a nice view of the McLean area from upper levels.
The work culture seems to be really easy going. No suits required when working in the building, just business casual. Though professional dress is required when meeting with clients. The new hires came and talked with us also seemed very easy going and nice.

Interview Question – Name a movie, book, or show that you saw and how did that motivate/inspire you?   Answer Question

Worked for BearingPoint? Contribute to the Community!