Beaumont Hospital

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Beaumont Hospital.

Initially met with unit manager and the interview mainly consisted of questions regarding behavioral analysis. Needed to have examples of several different types of conflict and how I reacted in those situations. Second interview is with HR and the questions were more related to past work experience and functioning as a nurse as well as going over your references and certifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name two traits of your best friend that you don't possess, but wish that you did?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you were accused of something you did not do and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Beaumont Hospital.

Interviewed with 2 associate managers from the unit and then with the Nurse Recruiter. All questions were read off of a form and did not allow for much discussion. The interview lasted around 40 minutes and the interviewers were all very nice and cordial.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of a time you worked as a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in October 2014.

I was contacted by HR for a floor interview. Interviewed the next day. Very informal and laid back. Maybe it was chemistry, or a laid back management all together. Received a call 2 days later (On a Saturday) for a HR interview. Interviewed that Monday. Less laid back, but seems as though it went well. A week later I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were frustrated with a patient or family   View Answer
    As a new grad, I really didn't have the leverage to negotiate. I wish I had tried though.

Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital.

Interview was pretty traditional question and answer.. After the interview, it can take up to 6 months before you start. Make sure you send a card after interview, my card is what got me the job.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I had trouble coming up with an immediate response was, tell me the most creative thing you've done lately   Answer Question
    Usually they are pretty set in their ways. Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in March 2013.

Interview was rushed. I was interrogated by three people who shot questions at me from all directions. They read from a prepared booklet. I felt I had to answer quickly and was not asked any questions about me, just examples of experience and it was quick-quick-quick! I don't feel I received any respect as to who I was or how I would fit into their position.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want this job? asked as they were getting up to leave. no time to answer other than...,   View Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in August 2012.

Phone interview, group interview, and then placed into a position.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in March 2012.

Great company to interview with. Very in depth questions and wanted to know a lot about previous employment. Nice workplace and very respectable employees. They have lots of "entry level" positions open but as far as senior positions or experienced professional positions there were none at the time of me applying.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenging time you had with your supervisor / boss and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Pay amount was below what I was willing to accept.

Customer Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in January 2012.

Initial communication with the company was positive. Interview consisted of "behavioral" qustions about customer service, listening skills, etc. The job posting listed a Bachelors degree as a requirement, but the pay scale was extremely low even for a entry-level position. No benefits and full-time. The "title" for this job did meet what was required for the job... it seemed to keep from paying out a lower rate. Unsure about hours, stating they change on a daily basis.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when listening and communication was important.   Answer Question

The lack of benefits and low pay. No job security at all.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Beaumont Hospital in January 2011.

Face to Face interview Followed by a clinic visit for TB testing and physical

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview Process to determine your level of excellence and dedication to your team and patient care.   Answer Question