BeautiControl

www.beauticontrol.com

BeautiControl Interview Questions

2.7

Purchasing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BeautiControl.

Interviewed with various levels of upper management with management and finance. Different types of personality tests were done off site by the HR group. Background checks, drug testing.

give and take

Human Resources Interview

Cold, impersonal interview. Not what was expected for a cosmetic and skin care company. The process was slow and formula, not friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Most uncomfortable question was framed by talking about the former person in the role and comparing my thoughts. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at BeautiControl in April 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm via email about my resume for the position of Sr. Network Engineer. After speaking at length with the recruiter about my skill sets, goals, etc,. I had an interview set up for me within a day. There was no previous contact with the company at all - just the one interview.

The lobby of the building was not what I expected and their waiting area was a zen-like spa atmosphere with, soft music and nice glass displays of the various product lines the company carries. When interview time came, I was greeted by the hiring manager who badged us in to a back office area and taken to a conference room where we were later joined by another technical manager. On the way in I looked around and it was your typical cubical kind of atmosphere - the cubicle partitions were kind of oldish looking because they were tan / taupe colored. Who knows, the rest of the building might be nicer for all I know after seeing that lobby of theirs. When the interview began, they both asked me questions about my tech experience - they did NOT ask me about salary history which was nice. After about 20 or 30 minutes I was handed a 3-4 page test which covered several questions about the various technical aspects which they were most interested in. Areas covered were networking, VMWare, storage, IIS and some other miscellaneous questions that I felt were designed to gauge how I would handle a given situation. i liked the test actually because it was casual and not meant to be intimidating. The two gentlemen that interviewed me were extremely pleasant and down to earth. I had no problem being relaxed in there at all.

During the interview I asked about the culture of the company (having come from a larger corporate culture) and got the sense that this company really took a lot of time to do things for their employees. Things like bowling, going to the movies on occasion, cookouts and other fun activities. I got the sense that they were definitely a people company. Unfortunately, I wasn't chosen for the position but the interview process was quite positive.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have any difficult questions, really. I would say the most difficult aspect of the interview was the written test of my technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BeautiControl in September 2009.

The interview process was great. The people were nice, the atmosphere was great. I enjoyed the process.