Beauty Brands

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.4

Merchandise Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Beauty Brands in January 2015.

Was contacted to be interviewed for this position, the manager barely asked me any real questions. I believe she felt I was over-qualified for the position. I waited a long time for her to even come out and start the interview. She described the duties of the position in a lack-luster unappealing manner.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beauty Brands.

Initial interview with the Location manager ( 1 hour) typical questions "Tell me about a time when..." After completing the interview I was asked to interview the next day with the district manager and was asked to go online and take a 50 question "interview" that asked typical generic situation questions intended to get to know your behavioral/management style. Had an interview with the District manager the next day ( 1 hour) and was told corporate would be calling for a final interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - you get what they offer - average wages and benefits

Salon Pro Interview

Came in for a technical. I did a foil highlight. Then I received a phone call about a week later with a job offer. They were great about showing me around and giving me any supplies that I needed.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beauty Brands in March 2014.

Was called and had two interviews, when I walked in the store was okay. On second interview I was hired. Questions were about situations you've been put in, why did you leave your last job, where do you see yourself etc.

Interview Questions
    • They were all so basic, there isn't going to be a hard question. That's proabably why everyone gets hired and there's a huge turnover rate.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation unless you mention you're going to go somewhere else once you've been hired, then they offer better pay.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beauty Brands in February 2014.

The initial interview was very pleasant lots of questions were asked about my experience and I ALS did a technical interview where I applied color and highlights to my model

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked about a time I had an unhappy client and how I diffused the situation I couldn't recall because it has never happened   Answer Question

Beauty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Beauty Brands in August 2013.

Quick and thorough. They knew what they wanted and so did I.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beauty Brands in July 2013.

I was first called to come in for an interview about a month after I put my application in. The first interview I had was with a shift manager who asked me all of the basic interview questions and we instantly realized that we had a connection and ended up chatting for about an hour. I was told that I would get a call sometime the next day for my second interview. After waiting all day and still no call I decided to call them. I got the second interview! During the second interview I was with the Location manager and she went through my application asking me all of the basic questions as well. I had put that I went to cosmetology school on the application and that was a large portion of our discussion. At the end of the interview I was told that I would get a call the next day if I had gotten the final "Practical Interview". Again I waited all day and wasn't called so I decided to call them. I was then told that I could come in for the interview in work attire. This "Interview" is a little bit difficult because they put you out on the retail floor and tell you to look at all of the products and greet clients, basically do the job that you are applying for. I made sure to talk to multiple customers and asked all the employees if they needed help during down time. The next week I was on the schedule!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would probably be when they asked about Beauty Brands history.   View Answer

Stylist Interview

Be well dressed And bubbly. Must show basic technical abilities. Stylist are. Required to do a cut and highlight. Nail techs have to do a full set and estheticians are required to show their individual abilities. Not hard definitely not as stressful as state board

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel more energetic after a day off or while doing things   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beauty Brands in February 2010.

Interview, then technical where you stand in front and greet customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beauty Brands in September 2009.

Job was posted on craigslist for sales associate. Went to store to apply in person as required by ad. Filled out app and requested manager. Interviewed 2 days later with manager and assistant manager. Overall it went fine. Prior to your interview, make sure you research this company from their website and know the overall details such as number of total employees and total stores plus their core values and targeted customers.