Beauty Systems Group

Beauty Systems Group Interview Questions

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Beauty Systems Group

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group.

Submitted an application at a store location and received a call for an interview the next day. The questions were fairly basic ones, It was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • None, just you basic "why do you want to work for us" questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group in March 2013.

I handed in an application and was immediately scheduled for an interview. The next day I interviewed with the store manager and her assistant. They asked tons of questions, most of them the same questions except worded differently.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, they just asked two full pages worth of them.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group.

Had one interview for a new store that was opening. Interview was with DM and recently hired SM. DM asked most of the questions. SM was obviously not confident in role. Was asked questions from a piece of paper, nothing on the spot or personal. Asked a lot of scenario questions and how I have handled certain situations in the past.
    Was told I was applying for Assistant Manager position, only to later find out there was no Assistant Manager position. I ended up being told that I could be hired as a sales associate and then after a month become an Assistant Manager. Later I found out that was not true.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was a lie. I was talked way down and told that after a month I would be given a promotion to management and a raise. This never happened. Was my own mistake though for taking the DM's word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group in August 2011.

Did one interview and pretty much got hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group in October 2009.

3 page interview questionnaire that repeats the same questions over and over. I had 3 interviews before I was hired.

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group in March 2011.

Simple interview. Met with manager to discuss the job and qualifications. Easy questions were asked and manager was more than willing to hire me based on my knowledge, experience, and qualifications. Store operation hours are very reasonable and accommodating based upon my availability. Store manager and other associates are VERY friendly. The training process is rather lengthy but not bad at all. I've done worse. Overall, I like the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the reasons why you liked/didn't like your past 3 jobs?   Answer Question
    • If you dropped off something at the dry cleaner's and you get it back and it's not what you want, what would you do?   View Answer
    NOT. AT. ALL. Pay is rather disappointing for my skill level, experience, and expertise. I even called the higher-ups myself and still nothing. It's like talking to a brick wall. (Don't even bother trying to negotiate; they won't listen) The company also receives kick-backs for hiring those who have been unemployed for some time. It seems they are doing this to get more money for the company but are not willing to put it to use where it matters--the employee's paychecks.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Beauty Systems Group in October 2009.

they were very discriptive but i fealt that my current skill level was well worth more than what they were willing to pay out.

Interview Questions
    • so how would you react when you have exausted all options and there is no where else to turn?   View Answer