Bechtel

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in March 2012.

Received a phone call from London, UK Civil Division HQ. Scheduled a phone interview, and then interviewed in person at a project site in USA. Then received offer shortly thereafter, and project assignment four months after that. Project location was not determined until a few weeks before I departed for international location, as I did not interview for a specific project but rather the position. Stressing your flexibility is recommended, and important if you want to be considered for a starting position.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected, but not difficult to answer: Place 4 Items In Order of Priority: Schedule, Cost, Quality, Safety   View Answer
Did not negotiate, did not want to negotiate, you can try but for entry level positions offer prices are fairly standardized and inflexible.

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel in May 2011.

The interview was conducted at a hotel during a Hiring Fair. They needed a bunch of people for an assignment. I picked up a number and waited for the interview to start. They really needed people so almost everyone that applied was hired. This is the best bet for those that are looking to get an interview with Bechtel.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that were asked were easy and straight forward. If you have done any interviews at all then you should have no problem at all. One question the interviewer was really asking everyone and seemed to want a specific answer was, "What is was your main focus of study?" She was really looking for me to say that I was focused mainly on structures. I can't really say that the interview was difficult.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate they were stuck on the benefits and there was no way I was going to get anything higher.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel.

phone interview only