Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bechtel
- Engineer (9)
- Intern (7)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Project Controls Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Electrical Engineer (3)
- Civil Engineer (3)
- Inventory Specialist (2)
- Field Engineer (2)
- Mechanical Field Engineer (2)
- GET (2)
- Structural Engineer (2)
- Procurement (2)
- Site Acquisition Specialist (1)
- Civil Field Engineer (1)
- Market Engineer (1)
- Material Handling Engineer (1)
- Senior Cost Engineer (1)
- Plant Design Engineer (1)
- Structural Engineer I (1)
- Structural Engineering Intern (1)
- Safety Specialist (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Training Manager (1)
- Contracts Specialist (1)
- Contracts Supervisor (1)
- HSE (1)
- Human Resources Representative (1)
Civil Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD) in March 2012.
Received a phone call from London, UK Civil Division HQ. Scheduled a phone interview, and then interviewed in person at a project site in USA. Then received offer shortly thereafter, and project assignment four months after that. Project location was not determined until a few weeks before I departed for international location, as I did not interview for a specific project but rather the position. Stressing your flexibility is recommended, and important if you want to be considered for a starting position.
- Unexpected, but not difficult to answer: Place 4 Items In Order of Priority: Schedule, Cost, Quality, Safety 2 Answers
Did not negotiate, did not want to negotiate, you can try but for entry level positions offer prices are fairly standardized and inflexible.
Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel
Civil Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Bechtel (Miami, FL) in May 2011.
The interview was conducted at a hotel during a Hiring Fair. They needed a bunch of people for an assignment. I picked up a number and waited for the interview to start. They really needed people so almost everyone that applied was hired. This is the best bet for those that are looking to get an interview with Bechtel.
- The questions that were asked were easy and straight forward. If you have done any interviews at all then you should have no problem at all. One question the interviewer was really asking everyone and seemed to want a specific answer was, "What is was your main focus of study?" She was really looking for me to say that I was focused mainly on structures. I can't really say that the interview was difficult. Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate they were stuck on the benefits and there was no way I was going to get anything higher.
Civil Engineer InterviewDeclined Offer
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Bechtel.
phone interview only
- do you accept challenges 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining