Bechtel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bechtel in November 2013.

Interview Details – College program. 2-day interview in Houston, cost of travel/stay covered. Great opportunity with a series of panels (execs, new hires, etc.), a case study followed by a presentation, and formal interview. Test your ability to multitask, work in a group with unexpected interruptions and curve-balls, under pressure. Interview itself was simple- basic stuff and one or two easy technical questions

Interview Question – Case study puts you to the test. Working in a group of 4-5 (qualified or not) candidates. Given a 2 hour time limit during which each team member is sequentially taken out for 30 minute interview.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Would require reloaction and received a similar position closer to home with better salary.

Document Controller Interview

Document Controller
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Bechtel in April 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, the hiring process is fast

Interview Question – No hard question especially if you have the experince   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok. No long negotiation as they would not exceed their budget.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bechtel in April 2012.

Interview Details – The process took roughly 3 months. I submitted my resume online, and then I was contacted by many different people from HR. I must of talked to atleast 5 different HR people across the US. The interview was with the Chief Engineer and it was pretty straight forward. It was basic stars questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – They asked about my GPA (I am an Honors student) and they seemed a little surprised that it wasn't higher. It kind of surprised me because I never thought my GPA was bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR send me an offer package and I accepted.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Project Controls Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bechtel in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview then i went in for a 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Company had bad reputation

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Engineer II
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in November 2011.

Interview Details – They basically went through my resume and asked me about my education, professional experiences, etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very laid back.

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in February 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Asked me if I had worked on any technical projects and the biggest goal I set for myself and how I overcame my challenges.

Interview Questions

Estimator Interview

Estimator
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in July 2011.

Interview Details – The entire interview process went very well. It consisted of a one on one interview with the HR Representative. She mostly introduced me to the company by focusing on the company’s history, new and existing projects, and what benefits they offer. I then met with the hiring managers of Project Controls Estimating. They asked questions about my previous job. Their intent of course was to see if my skills could relate to the position offered and if my competence was well enough. They informed me in a nut shell of how their estimating department functions and what type of projects they work on. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Tell us about your previous role as an estimator in Iraq.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in September 2010.

Interview Details – HR recruiter contacted me; there was no job description. I was puzzled to be interviewed by two individuals from disciplines very different from mine, one very senior and uninterested, the other very junior and attempting to use the interview as platform for learning. Although they correctly guessed somebody with my job title should handle the task they identified (also correctly), the way they went about filling the vacancy (if real) was unprofessional and incompetent in every regard. The junior interviewer was picking my brain and gave me some behavioral advice in the end that included wagging finger. I regret I did not leave on my own, since it took me only few minutes to figure out what was going on. The vacancy is still advertised 10 months later, which is actually critical to the task, if real.
Overall surreal, and even folks who know me have a hard time believing the story. One would think something like this can't happen in a reputable organization.

Interview Question – The interviewer attempted to identify technical issues in the complex task.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
  View Answer

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Engineering Supervisor
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in June 2010.

Interview Details – I t was an one to one interview which consisted of project related questions. They asked me in detail abou the courses I took and how it was related to my work experience. they asked questions like why would you like to persue job with bechtel ?
how do you think you are prepared for the work that bechtel handles?
do you have any questions that you would like me to answer?

Interview Questions

• do you have any questions that you would like me to answer?   Answer Question
  • what makes you an ideal candidate for this position? what do you know about bechtel?   Answer Question

Deskside Support Interview

Deskside Support
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bechtel in May 2010.

Interview Details – the recruiter first gave me a run down of the company's accomplishments (an airport in china, hoover dam, etc). then he began with the usual questions. tell me about your last job, your IT experience, what classes did you like in school (to get a feel for your interests), and all of that. nothing challenging. he gave me more details about the position, asked if i had any questions. he also said their wouldn't be much in the way of formal training initially, but that the current team would be supportive. he was very friendly and told me to call back with any questions.

i did, but he didn't return my call.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!