Bechtel

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel in November 2013.

College program. 2-day interview in Houston, cost of travel/stay covered. Great opportunity with a series of panels (execs, new hires, etc.), a case study followed by a presentation, and formal interview. Test your ability to multitask, work in a group with unexpected interruptions and curve-balls, under pressure. Interview itself was simple- basic stuff and one or two easy technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Case study puts you to the test. Working in a group of 4-5 (qualified or not) candidates. Given a 2 hour time limit during which each team member is sequentially taken out for 30 minute interview.   View Answer

Would require reloaction and received a similar position closer to home with better salary.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel in May 2012.

Phone interview then i went in for a 1 on 1 interview

Company had bad reputation

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel in April 2012.

The process took roughly 3 months. I submitted my resume online, and then I was contacted by many different people from HR. I must of talked to atleast 5 different HR people across the US. The interview was with the Chief Engineer and it was pretty straight forward. It was basic stars questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my GPA (I am an Honors student) and they seemed a little surprised that it wasn't higher. It kind of surprised me because I never thought my GPA was bad.   Answer Question
    HR send me an offer package and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in February 2012.

Behavioral questions. Asked me if I had worked on any technical projects and the biggest goal I set for myself and how I overcame my challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your technical responsibilities   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest challenge you faced in your project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in November 2011.

They basically went through my resume and asked me about my education, professional experiences, etc.

It was very laid back.

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in July 2011.

The entire interview process went very well. It consisted of a one on one interview with the HR Representative. She mostly introduced me to the company by focusing on the company’s history, new and existing projects, and what benefits they offer. I then met with the hiring managers of Project Controls Estimating. They asked questions about my previous job. Their intent of course was to see if my skills could relate to the position offered and if my competence was well enough. They informed me in a nut shell of how their estimating department functions and what type of projects they work on. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous role as an estimator in Iraq.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in September 2010.

HR recruiter contacted me; there was no job description. I was puzzled to be interviewed by two individuals from disciplines very different from mine, one very senior and uninterested, the other very junior and attempting to use the interview as platform for learning. Although they correctly guessed somebody with my job title should handle the task they identified (also correctly), the way they went about filling the vacancy (if real) was unprofessional and incompetent in every regard. The junior interviewer was picking my brain and gave me some behavioral advice in the end that included wagging finger. I regret I did not leave on my own, since it took me only few minutes to figure out what was going on. The vacancy is still advertised 10 months later, which is actually critical to the task, if real.
    Overall surreal, and even folks who know me have a hard time believing the story. One would think something like this can't happen in a reputable organization.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer attempted to identify technical issues in the complex task.
      HOW DO WE DO IT?

View Answer

Senior Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bechtel in August 2010.

In-office job interview that was followed by an offer of 5% more than my present salary. The interview was conducted with three (3) managers plus the human resources representative. The interview lasted four (4) hours. I was asked many technical questions about my previous jobs to determnine if I had the on-hands experience Bechtel was looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to a client that the reported progress was overstated and the customer was over-billed for the work performed. Do you re-forecast or re-baseline the physial earned progress.   View Answer
    Difficult. Bechtel was almost non-negotiable to their base offer.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel in June 2010.

I t was an one to one interview which consisted of project related questions. They asked me in detail abou the courses I took and how it was related to my work experience. they asked questions like why would you like to persue job with bechtel ?
    how do you think you are prepared for the work that bechtel handles?
    do you have any questions that you would like me to answer?

Interview Questions
    • do you have any questions that you would like me to answer?   Answer Question
    • what makes you an ideal candidate for this position? what do you know about bechtel?   Answer Question