1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Information Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Well I was already an intern at Bechtel so I they knew I had experience and had an idea of the different projects I worked on. I applied for the position like anyone else would from their website and had two phone interviews. One was to gauge my interest in the position and the other was to discuss my work history and what I wanted to do for my career. The in person interview was straightforward as well. Met the hiring manger as well as the supervisor of the office. Discussed roles and responsibilities of the position. They made it clear that they were interested and made me feel at home. Interview took about 1 hour and then I received an offer 2 weeks later. The interview process was quick but after factoring the time I submitted my application I would say it took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • What are one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a project or task you had to complete by a deadline and how did you accomplish the task.   Answer Question

I was very nervous because I heard that Bechtel did not negotiate. Furthermore, this being my first job made it even more nerve racking. Nevertheless, when I was presented with a number I asked if there was any wiggle room because of my intern experience and my accomplishments there. Hr rep stated how they arrived at their number but pretty much made it seem non negotiable. I said I need a week to think about it and the next day they called and increased it to make me happy. So I guess the lesson learned is always negotiate because it won't hurt if you approach it in a professional way.