Bechtel

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.6

Construction Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bechtel.

I was contacted by a friend that I used to work with who told me of the job opening. I submitted my Resume and was contacted by phone for an over the phone interview,

Interview Questions
    Very simple, they accepted what I wanted

Field Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bechtel.

Job Fair, then presentation, invited for 1st round interview after conversation. Interview was held at the school Co-op office.
    The interview was one on one with a field engineer that had been with the company for 3 years.
    It was anticipated that they get back to me within a few months for a second interview if I was to have made the cut.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel in January 2015.

Attended a university career fair. I was first asked to talk about the program with a campus ambassador being passed onto a recruiter who scheduled my interview. The interviewer was disinterested. It was the end of the day and I could tell my her level of energy that there was no way I could get the position. She had already checked out and was only going through the motions. It was very hard to maintain a conversation. She was more interested in her notes and the computer than me.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel.

1st Interview - Met the company on campus and had an interview the next day. Typical behavioral questions with an easy going interviewer. Not technical questions to answer.
    2nd Interview - Received a response about 2 months after the 1st interview to come into the office for an interview. Round of interviews with 4-5 people and a lunch with recent hires. Each person walks through the resume and asks their own questions to get a feel on how you fit into the company. The HR interview is the last one going over other details
    Decision - Received a decision and offer about 2 weeks after 2nd interview. Had about 2 days to respond. No negotiation, took the offer after a day.

No negotiation.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bechtel.

A recruiting firm contacted me for this position immediately setup a 1:1 interview at Bloomfield, NJ office with the senior RF manager. Beginning Ran down my resume and ask straight forward info towards the middle did a series of gotcha questions. Didn't want to answer my question basically fundamental question like how long is the job is it contract or direct hire. Made me feel very uncomfortable and hesitant of this company.

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel.

The hiring process took about 4-5 months from the time I applied to the time I started. Part of the challenge was getting on people's calendars. I interviewed with about 7 people, all of whom were very nice and professional. HR screened me, then made recommendations to the communications team based on that initial interview. I applied online but was able to put down an employee as a reference. I think you're not only judged by the answers you give but by the questions you ask. Thankfully, the questions I asked sparked other conversations that were very positive and gave me more insight into their challenges and initiatives, and also helped me shape my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions varied depending on people's function, but overall, they were completely fair. Some interviews were more a personal conversation, i.e. getting to know one another. Because this was a very competitive position, I had to find a way to differentiate myself by describing my approach to work and solving problems.   Answer Question
    The company pays on the higher side of the salary scale, so no room for negotiation, but I was very happy with what they offered. I wish the vacation policy was better (everyone is required to take a week of PTO over Christmas), but everything else was fair.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel.

I met them at an information session on campus. The guy gave me interview for the next day on the spot. The questions were pretty straightforward. It was a 20 minute interview so it was the basic questions like "Give us a time you were in a managerial position." or "Give us a time there was a conflict and tell us how you handled it."

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Since I was in a distance city from the company, we had a phone interview instead. We talked about the academic experience, intern experience, hobbits and expected career life. It was a comfortable interview.

Process Engineer Interview

The interview was not technical but they asked me behavioral questions and questions regarding my knowledge of business and current affairs. It was not the easiest interview, but it was my first interview ever so i guess i was nervous.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question on how would you communicate with a person in another country and you don's know the language.   Answer Question

Accommodation Coordinator Interview

I applied on the company's website and was contacted about 3 weeks by a recruiter, Then was scheduled an interview, I met with the a manager and the team of people that I'd be supporting in the job. The entire process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you handled it   Answer Question