Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.5

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel in January 2011.

Submit your application online. Set up a phone interview if they call and then an in person interview if they're interested.

Interview Questions
    They told me the most they would pay me, and being right out of college I basically had to accept it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

Panel phone interview. Was interested in knowledge basic design aspects.

flexible negotiation. was able to get the salary i asked for.

Project Controls Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel in March 2008.

Oh dear...first HR was slow at getting me out to meet and talk with everyone on my agenda then I had to keep telling the same story and why I was running late...to make it worse, when I asked why I didn't get the job, they told me I didn't know how to interview. (Perhaps I just really didn't want to work for them...)

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel.

The process varies, depending upon existing relationship with employees of the company. But it starts with an evaluation of your application/CV, then technical interview with one or more Managers in a London office. I was interviewed by the Chief Construction Engineer for about an hour. I understand some people are interviewed by project staff on the phone. This is normally reserved for those applicants who are already related to an existing employee.

Interview Questions
    • Is safety a priority?   View Answer
    • If you were vice captain of your football team and your captain fell ill, how would you ensure the team continues to run effectively in your captain's absence?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Punchlist Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bechtel in September 2013.

applied for the position online. Had a phone interview. the hiring process was very long.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic questions to ask during an interview process   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel in November 2013.

College program. 2-day interview in Houston, cost of travel/stay covered. Great opportunity with a series of panels (execs, new hires, etc.), a case study followed by a presentation, and formal interview. Test your ability to multitask, work in a group with unexpected interruptions and curve-balls, under pressure. Interview itself was simple- basic stuff and one or two easy technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Case study puts you to the test. Working in a group of 4-5 (qualified or not) candidates. Given a 2 hour time limit during which each team member is sequentially taken out for 30 minute interview.   View Answer

Would require reloaction and received a similar position closer to home with better salary.

Senior Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bechtel in August 2010.

In-office job interview that was followed by an offer of 5% more than my present salary. The interview was conducted with three (3) managers plus the human resources representative. The interview lasted four (4) hours. I was asked many technical questions about my previous jobs to determnine if I had the on-hands experience Bechtel was looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to a client that the reported progress was overstated and the customer was over-billed for the work performed. Do you re-forecast or re-baseline the physial earned progress.   View Answer
    Difficult. Bechtel was almost non-negotiable to their base offer.

NOC Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

Email from their recruiter, 2 phone call interviews, one in person panel interview. No sense of humor on their part. Not very informative as to what the duties actually were going to be.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very tedious, waiting around for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Not my type of boss or culture. The room where they work is very dark, dim, NOISY.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I came in for an in person interview and met with multiple people, from HR reps to managers. They were all very friendly and encouraged questions during the interview. I was comfortable in talking with them because they didn't bombard me with questions. Rather, we just conversed about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, there weren't hard questions. We just conversed and they got to know me better.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

If your not in a hurry to get a job then toss your hat in the ring. Told I was hired twice only then having to interview again since more resumes came in. Waited over 4 months only to end up with thanks but no thanks.