Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Since I was in a distance city from the company, we had a phone interview instead. We talked about the academic experience, intern experience, hobbits and expected career life. It was a comfortable interview.

Process Engineer Interview

The interview was not technical but they asked me behavioral questions and questions regarding my knowledge of business and current affairs. It was not the easiest interview, but it was my first interview ever so i guess i was nervous.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question on how would you communicate with a person in another country and you don's know the language.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

2 Hours Interview- Including technical and the usual competency questions, conducted by head of HR and head of Engineering - questions based on CV - some unexpected questions as they did not match the job description but overall not that difficult - a bit of confusion as one interviewer would interrupt the other and so on ...

Interview Questions
    • technical - was shown an engineering drawing and asked to explain what it was. would have been easy to prepare for if the job description had been more clear.   Answer Question

Accommodation Coordinator Interview

I applied on the company's website and was contacted about 3 weeks by a recruiter, Then was scheduled an interview, I met with the a manager and the team of people that I'd be supporting in the job. The entire process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you handled it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

NOC Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

Email from their recruiter, 2 phone call interviews, one in person panel interview. No sense of humor on their part. Not very informative as to what the duties actually were going to be.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very tedious, waiting around for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Not my type of boss or culture. The room where they work is very dark, dim, NOISY.

Csa Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bechtel.

Got an interview after attending a career seminar. I was called in the next morning to do an on-campus interview with the Manager and offered a job the same day

Interview Questions
    Standard offer for college hire and not negotiable

Senior Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bechtel in August 2010.

In-office job interview that was followed by an offer of 5% more than my present salary. The interview was conducted with three (3) managers plus the human resources representative. The interview lasted four (4) hours. I was asked many technical questions about my previous jobs to determnine if I had the on-hands experience Bechtel was looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to a client that the reported progress was overstated and the customer was over-billed for the work performed. Do you re-forecast or re-baseline the physial earned progress.   View Answer
    Difficult. Bechtel was almost non-negotiable to their base offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel in November 2010.

I applied on the company's website and was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. I met with the manager of Admin Services and the team of people that I'd be supporting in the job. The entire process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult personality you've ever worked with?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a week of PTO from day one.

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

If your not in a hurry to get a job then toss your hat in the ring. Told I was hired twice only then having to interview again since more resumes came in. Waited over 4 months only to end up with thanks but no thanks.