Bechtel

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.5

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel.

The hiring process took about 4-5 months from the time I applied to the time I started. Part of the challenge was getting on people's calendars. I interviewed with about 7 people, all of whom were very nice and professional. HR screened me, then made recommendations to the communications team based on that initial interview. I applied online but was able to put down an employee as a reference. I think you're not only judged by the answers you give but by the questions you ask. Thankfully, the questions I asked sparked other conversations that were very positive and gave me more insight into their challenges and initiatives, and also helped me shape my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions varied depending on people's function, but overall, they were completely fair. Some interviews were more a personal conversation, i.e. getting to know one another. Because this was a very competitive position, I had to find a way to differentiate myself by describing my approach to work and solving problems.   Answer Question
    The company pays on the higher side of the salary scale, so no room for negotiation, but I was very happy with what they offered. I wish the vacation policy was better (everyone is required to take a week of PTO over Christmas), but everything else was fair.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel in June 2010.

My father passed away while I was traveling to San Francisco for the initial interview. Bechtel people had understanding and rescheduled the interview. I wrote a cold-call letter to a person whom I did not know and received the interview. The interviewer was very professional and welcoming. He introduced me to other managers and engineers and he gave me a tour of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about expected pay and 5 year plans are always difficult. Otherwise, the interview was professionally done and very thorough.   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation. I simply accepted the offer.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel in May 2010.

Started with a short phone interview and followed with an "interview" in the main office. The phone interview was very brief and was basically gauging interest. The office interview was more of an employee orientation. They read the benefits for the home office to me despite that I was going to be working on site in TN.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bechtel.

I met them at an information session on campus. The guy gave me interview for the next day on the spot. The questions were pretty straightforward. It was a 20 minute interview so it was the basic questions like "Give us a time you were in a managerial position." or "Give us a time there was a conflict and tell us how you handled it."

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Since I was in a distance city from the company, we had a phone interview instead. We talked about the academic experience, intern experience, hobbits and expected career life. It was a comfortable interview.

Process Engineer Interview

The interview was not technical but they asked me behavioral questions and questions regarding my knowledge of business and current affairs. It was not the easiest interview, but it was my first interview ever so i guess i was nervous.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question on how would you communicate with a person in another country and you don's know the language.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

2 Hours Interview- Including technical and the usual competency questions, conducted by head of HR and head of Engineering - questions based on CV - some unexpected questions as they did not match the job description but overall not that difficult - a bit of confusion as one interviewer would interrupt the other and so on ...

Interview Questions
    • technical - was shown an engineering drawing and asked to explain what it was. would have been easy to prepare for if the job description had been more clear.   Answer Question

Accommodation Coordinator Interview

I applied on the company's website and was contacted about 3 weeks by a recruiter, Then was scheduled an interview, I met with the a manager and the team of people that I'd be supporting in the job. The entire process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you handled it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

NOC Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

Email from their recruiter, 2 phone call interviews, one in person panel interview. No sense of humor on their part. Not very informative as to what the duties actually were going to be.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very tedious, waiting around for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Not my type of boss or culture. The room where they work is very dark, dim, NOISY.