Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I found the interview process to be relatively straightforward. I met with a group of individuals including the market manager, national lead, local leads as well as some construction and engineering forks. They were demanding but fair in their quesiotning. I had a relatively pleasant interviewing experience and only had one interview before receiving an offer.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bechtel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. I met with several prospective managers in a group meeting. All were professional and asked job related questions. The environment was very relaxing. I showed samples of the type of work I have done.

CSA Designer Interview

Interview

They came to my collge for campus placement. I had written exam, then technical interview and then HR. Then they offered me. This is the best company i have ever worked so far and I am proud to be a Bechtelite

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Face 2 Face followed by HR Round, it took a week after the interview to release offer letter. First round was a face 2 face technical round that took around 1 hr followed by Manager round. Then i was asked to leave, after a week hr person released the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

I applied for the job on their website. I got a call about 3 days later (on Friday) from HR wanting to ask a few questions. They wanted to know about past experience. At the end HR set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for Monday. The hiring manager called on Monday at the allotted time and asked questions about my background and past experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you do with the programming languages that you have on your resume?   Answer Question

Quality/Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial face-to-face interview took less than 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed very friendly and were generally interested in my answers. Second interview was over the phone. In that one, the questions were a bit more specific and technical, but I was able to answer them honestly and completely using my past internship experiences as a resource.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a deadline and any challenges you faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because this was an internship.

Senior Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was standard; submit resume, interview with HR then with hiring manager. Although hiring manager was a chain smoker and conducted a brief 15 minute portion in a borrowed office and two more hours in the company parking garage (smoking area).

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your current employer?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 hours technical plus competency questions with the Mechanical head and the Human resources head who were quite friendly. Each asking a few questions, and cutting each other off at times which confused me at times. Some questions were surprising as they did not match the job description. Had the job description been more clear it would have been easier to prepare. I did not receive any feedback at the end even though I emailed and asked for feedback a few times.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD).

Interview

The process was easy and quick. They asked question regarding my experience and my BS in computer science. They explained the type of work I would be doing and what was going to be expected of me. I met with three people, 2 of HR, and the woman who would be my boss.

Interview Questions

• After they described the role, they asked me why I thought I should be consider for the position given my experience and B.S in computer science.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

A time was set for the interview, 3 of the company's expert men in the field had a conversation with me and asked general questions for about half an hour.