Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

NOC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Email from their recruiter, 2 phone call interviews, one in person panel interview. No sense of humor on their part. Not very informative as to what the duties actually were going to be.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very tedious, waiting around for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Not my type of boss or culture. The room where they work is very dark, dim, NOISY.

Csa Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Got an interview after attending a career seminar. I was called in the next morning to do an on-campus interview with the Manager and offered a job the same day

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard offer for college hire and not negotiable

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

If your not in a hurry to get a job then toss your hat in the ring. Told I was hired twice only then having to interview again since more resumes came in. Waited over 4 months only to end up with thanks but no thanks.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Interview

I came in for an in person interview and met with multiple people, from HR reps to managers. They were all very friendly and encouraged questions during the interview. I was comfortable in talking with them because they didn't bombard me with questions. Rather, we just conversed about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, there weren't hard questions. We just conversed and they got to know me better.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

They had a career fair open to the public in a hotel in down-town Miami. I attended the career fair, chose the field of civil engineering then received a number and waited to be called. Upon getting called I was given an interview by a HR person that was reviewing my resume and asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• What where my favorite courses in college.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Scheduled interview at the Fall career fair of 2013. The Interview was conducted on campus at the top floor of the Hornbake library. Bechtel had most chemical engineering offices focused in Texas. I only had one interview that included behavior questions. I was asked if I preferred a management role, working with other engineers, or a design/simulator role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a deadline and how you planned your work to successfully meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bechtel (Richland, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was like any other job,. nothing major it was a panel of 3 people and they asked me the usual questions that potential employers ask . .nothing out of the ordinary really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was back and forth

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very technical interview. The project manager, engineering manager and the civil lead were present and first presented the project to me. Then the possible roles and responsibilities and expectations were explained. Following questions about past experiences and then I was asked if I have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked how much I want in the application form. One week later they offered me something less than what I asked for. I did not want to make it bitter so just accepted it.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

first interview then phone

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult. Most of them were just behavioral question.   Answer Question