Bechtel

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview Details – Panel phone interview. Was interested in knowledge basic design aspects.

Negotiation Details – flexible negotiation. was able to get the salary i asked for.

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview Details – Was invited to "College Day" by a contact within the company. Attended "College Day" around October. Recieved an offer in late November.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on my part, hired directly from college.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in January 2012.

Interview Details – ok process. interviewer did not ask many technical stuff. he did not seem confident also.

Interview Question – what is reason you want to work here? Where did you work earlier? What did you do at earlier place?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. will consider performance and give appraisal according to it

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bechtel in September 2011.

Interview Details – Sat down with recruiter who had attended the same university as myself and had a 1 hour conversation on the job and the company.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in five years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bechtel

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bechtel Mechanical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bechtel employees and interview candidates.