Bechtel Mechanical Field Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladstone, Queensland (Australia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladstone, Queensland (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bechtel.

I applied for the position through a recruiter who arranged for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30mins and was very informal. No face to face interview was requested and and job offer was made through the recruiter.

The negotiations were handled by my recruiter who managed to push the salary up and add relocation expenses.

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Mechanical Field Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel in November 2011.

Very friendly when I first met with Bechtel at the engineering career fair. Talked for about 10-15 minutes and set up a recruiter interview for the following day. Met with two very friendly recruiters from HR and proceeded to conduct the interview over the next hour. They asked the same questions in regards to leadership, hobbies, plans for the future, if I cared about relocating, and my work/school background. Following the interview I stayed in contact with HR. HR decided to conduct another interview over the phone. At this point I was on the phone with both the recruiter and person hiring at the particular location. I don't like phone interviews but treated as any other interview. First thing I was asked was to spend 5-10mins introducing myself. I hated this question because it was hard to gauge how much detail I wanted to go in. I don't recall the monotony of questions I was bombarded with, though they were thorough. Interview lasted roughly 45-50mins. Afterward I had a hard time getting a straight answer from HR. Usually told me they were in the interviewing/reviewing process and would let me know. Then I would just receive an automated email informing me my status has changed and to login on the website. Website merely said to check for other job posting at this time.

Interview Questions
    • When have you proved to be a leader, or displayed leadership qualities?   Answer Question
    • What separates you from all the other candidates?   Answer Question