Bechtel National

Relevance Date Difficulty

QC Inspector Interview

QC Inspector

Interviewed at Bechtel National

Interview Details – Manager and lead tag team questions that meant nothing. They don't recognise certifications here and will not pay to renew them when they are due.Very vague on earning potential for job.

Negotiation Details – Poor, They aren't working the hours that were promised at the interview. The salary doesn't pan out to anything.

Very Easy Interview

Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer
Red Wing, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bechtel National in May 2012.

Interview Details – Professionally done.

Interview Question – How I managed conflicts at work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Smooth.

Construction Assistant Interview

Construction Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bechtel National in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in early August of 2011. I was interviewed in mid October, and an offer was made at the end of October. Do not trust the online application status tracker. If you are sitting at "Under Consideration" for more than a few days you aren't getting the job. Either a lazy manager or lazy HR rep just hasn't gotten around to dumping your name in the reject bin. The interview on my end was a joke. The manager just rambled on and on about how great Bechtel was. I actually had to interject into his rambling in order to get my piece in. I have however applied for other positions and they were a little more difficult. Most managers are interested in how you conduct yourself in certain situations. Usually they present you with a hypothetical situation that you will likely encounter on the job and then they ask how you deal with it, or how you don't.

Interview Question – How do you handle the stresses of doing rework?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position was a lateral move and had nothing better to offer me in the career enhancment department.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Project Controls Engineer
Richmond, KY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bechtel National in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired out of college. My hiring manager did not explicitly interview me for the full time job as I had an internship with the company the prior summer and I was well-received. We talked briefly about my coursework and he informed me an offer packet was on it's way.

Negotiation Details – As a college graduate with no real world experience, there was no negotiating to be done on my end.

Procurement and Contracts Intern Interview

Procurement and Contracts Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bechtel National in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was done over the phone. My resume was sent in though a good reference. They asked about my leadership experience and wanted to learn about me. I asked them as many question regarding the position i was being interviewed for. After the phone interview, i got a call from them around a week later. They offered me the position and i accepted it. The paperwork was done before the interview, so all i had to do was the drug screening and they gave me the starting date.

Interview Question – Tell us something about yourself that isn't reflected through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel National in May 2011.

Interview Details – Talked with manager over the phone. Then went on site, presented, and more discussions with the group.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Pipeline Engineer
Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bechtel National.

Interview Details – Firstly, they screen your CV. If it OK, Then they send your CV to management department. There are 4 people from head quarter office to make a decision when you have applied. It is not difficult. But for me, I have a telephone interview. It's not a complex process because I used to work with them in previous company.

Interview Question – Sorry, I have no difficult question. If I have it, It would be " How many salary do you prefer?"   Answer Question

Eningeering Interview

Eningeering

The process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel National in September 2010.

Interview Details – HR-Call,interview the day after, after two days hiring process

Negotiation Details – no negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bechtel National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bechtel National interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bechtel National employees and interview candidates.