Bechtel National

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Updated Jul 5, 2014

2.0

QC Inspector Interview

Manager and lead tag team questions that meant nothing. They don't recognise certifications here and will not pay to renew them when they are due.Very vague on earning potential for job.

Poor, They aren't working the hours that were promised at the interview. The salary doesn't pan out to anything.

Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Wing, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Wing, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel National in May 2012.

Professionally done.

Smooth.

Procurement and Contracts Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bechtel National in May 2012.

The interview was done over the phone. My resume was sent in though a good reference. They asked about my leadership experience and wanted to learn about me. I asked them as many question regarding the position i was being interviewed for. After the phone interview, i got a call from them around a week later. They offered me the position and i accepted it. The paperwork was done before the interview, so all i had to do was the drug screening and they gave me the starting date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something about yourself that isn't reflected through your resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bechtel National in October 2011.

I was hired out of college. My hiring manager did not explicitly interview me for the full time job as I had an internship with the company the prior summer and I was well-received. We talked briefly about my coursework and he informed me an offer packet was on it's way.

As a college graduate with no real world experience, there was no negotiating to be done on my end.

Construction Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel National in October 2011.

I applied in early August of 2011. I was interviewed in mid October, and an offer was made at the end of October. Do not trust the online application status tracker. If you are sitting at "Under Consideration" for more than a few days you aren't getting the job. Either a lazy manager or lazy HR rep just hasn't gotten around to dumping your name in the reject bin. The interview on my end was a joke. The manager just rambled on and on about how great Bechtel was. I actually had to interject into his rambling in order to get my piece in. I have however applied for other positions and they were a little more difficult. Most managers are interested in how you conduct yourself in certain situations. Usually they present you with a hypothetical situation that you will likely encounter on the job and then they ask how you deal with it, or how you don't.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle the stresses of doing rework?   View Answer

The position was a lateral move and had nothing better to offer me in the career enhancment department.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel National in May 2011.

Talked with manager over the phone. Then went on site, presented, and more discussions with the group.

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel National.

Firstly, they screen your CV. If it OK, Then they send your CV to management department. There are 4 people from head quarter office to make a decision when you have applied. It is not difficult. But for me, I have a telephone interview. It's not a complex process because I used to work with them in previous company.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry, I have no difficult question. If I have it, It would be " How many salary do you prefer?"   Answer Question

Eningeering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel National in September 2010.

HR-Call,interview the day after, after two days hiring process

no negotiate