Bechtel

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Controls Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bechtel.

1st Interview - Met the company on campus and had an interview the next day. Typical behavioral questions with an easy going interviewer. Not technical questions to answer.
2nd Interview - Received a response about 2 months after the 1st interview to come into the office for an interview. Round of interviews with 4-5 people and a lunch with recent hires. Each person walks through the resume and asks their own questions to get a feel on how you fit into the company. The HR interview is the last one going over other details
Decision - Received a decision and offer about 2 weeks after 2nd interview. Had about 2 days to respond. No negotiation, took the offer after a day.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I came in for an in person interview and met with multiple people, from HR reps to managers. They were all very friendly and encouraged questions during the interview. I was comfortable in talking with them because they didn't bombard me with questions. Rather, we just conversed about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, there weren't hard questions. We just conversed and they got to know me better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bechtel in May 2012.

Phone interview then i went in for a 1 on 1 interview

Company had bad reputation

Project Controls Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bechtel.

Hiring is through campus interviews for freshers and lateral hiring based on experience. Campus interview has 3 rounds: 1) Written exam/technical exam 2) Group discussion 3) Personal Interview. For lateral hiring they have technical interview and then personal interview.

No negotiation was done.