Bechtel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recent University Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Recent University Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Richland, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bechtel in February 2014.

Interview Details – - Applied on Bechtel's career website to local job postings in my area. A family member in management let me know that they were contacted by another manager that received my resume and that they couldn't take any further action because I was a recent graduate, I had to apply through their Recent Graduate page.
- Applied to a recent graduate posting and received a call 1-2 weeks later. The HR rep set a time for a phone interview. Had the phone interview and was told I could contact the HR rep through their direct line.
- Received no response for 2 weeks and attempted to follow up several time in the last two months, leaving voice-mails with my contact information.

I still have not heard back from Bechtel and have since moved on. It's a shame because I was an eager candidate that is very familiar with the local project and the company overall.

Interview Question – All standard behavioral questions, five total.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist III Interview

Procurement Specialist III
Richland, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Bechtel in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was like any other job,. nothing major it was a panel of 3 people and they asked me the usual questions that potential employers ask . .nothing out of the ordinary really.

Interview Question – Are you trying to work your way up and take my job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was back and forth

Material Handling Engineer Interview

Material Handling Engineer
Richland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bechtel in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 telephone interview and discussed past experience, job description, about Bechtel, the project, place. Very calm interview.

Interview Question – Discuss your experiences   Answer Question

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!