Beckman Coulter

Beckman Coulter Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Beckman Coulter.

I had a phone interview with an engineer. He asked behavior and regular interview questions. He then told me I did a good job and that he will have HR contact me for the next interview, which will be on site. I got contacted by HR and now I am waiting on a set date and time. The on site according to HR will be approximately 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Just normal Behavioral questions and regular resume questions.   Answer Question

Account Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Beckman Coulter.

one interview with hiring manager then one with his manager then an offer was emailed to me. Very easy process and moved quickly with good communication throughout the process. The hiring manager was very helpful and easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they won't budge

Development Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Beckman Coulter.

My resume was submitted and then sent off to a hiring firm to review, where it took about 3 weeks to hear anything. The contact at the firm requested a phone interview (30 minutes on the nose) and most of it was verifying that I could back up what I said on my resume. The contact said my qualifications should take me to the next round of interviewing. She was extremely helpful and pleasant. It was nice, because after every step of the process, she touched base with me within 24 hours and we ran through what happened.

5 days later, I had a phone interview with who would become my manager for again, about 30 minutes. He was also an extremely pleasant person on the phone (and is in person as well) and he asked some more technical questions to gauge my experience.

I was then brought in for an on-site interview 8 days later, where I was interviewed by 4 individuals, who for the most part asked what my previous job responsibilities were, what the company did, and what I did to contribute. It was mostly them asking the same "types" of questions, and they were all managerial people, so I am betting it was to gauge my personality. The variation came in the questions I asked and the answers I received. Again, they were all very pleasant individuals, and it was the most low-stress interview I have had. I was moving from out-of-state, and they were more than accommodating to describe the area and what they liked/disliked about it.

It then took them 9 days to get back to me with a job offer from when I had my on-site interview, but in the meantime, I could, and did stay in contact with the woman from the hiring firm, and she kept me appraised of the progress the whole time, which was very nice.

Then came the hiring screening process, which was kind of a pain (again, through a third party agency), but you just trudge through it, and at the end, I now have a job that I really enjoy so far.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had an issue or discrepancy with a fellow employee. How did you respond to it and handle it?

This came from the first screening interview with the hiring firm.

Answer Question
    I had a set range for a salary that I calculated using my current salary+ a certain percent increase, plus cost of living variation that I believed was fair. I gave them my $5k range, and they offered $1300 over the bottom, so I was happy with it and accepted.

Staff Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Beckman Coulter.

Initial phone interview and a second in person interview. Phone screening with HR and 1 day interview on site with hiring manager, director, HR and a person from another group.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the time that you had to be a listener than speaker?   Answer Question

Development Scientist I Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Beckman Coulter.

There is recruiter and hr phone interview. Then there is phone interview with hr. And then there is in person interview with 4 more various level of employees. The hiring process can take up to 1 month.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Beckman Coulter.

Great interview process. The process is different for every team. Mine was focussed on my background and resume. Meeting with my manager and group manager. Detailed look into some code I had written in school.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Beckman Coulter in May 2014.

Applied online, heard back two weeks later from a recruiter who had a quick twenty minute background interview. Education work history, etc. Simple stuff. The recruiter then scheduled an over the phone interview with the project manager for a more technical and fit interview. It wasn't difficult, simple questions about SQL and OOP. A day later I was contacted and told they wanted to bring me in for a final interview.

I agreed and they informed me they would be doing a group interview with multiple candidates and multiple members of the hiring team so it would take a few days to schedule but to expect to hear back by Friday with a day and time.(It was a Tuesday at the time). When I didn't hear anything on Friday I figured scheduling had been harder than they expected but decided to email my recruiter on Monday. When she didn't reply by Wednesday, I called her and left a message and emailed the project manager (who had given me his email in case I had further questions) asking when the final interview would be scheduled. Neither ever returned my messages, choosing to leave with no response.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Beckman Coulter in May 2014.

Applied for a Software Engineering job and was immediately contacted by Human Resource contractor. Scheduled interview for next day. The techinical Interview questions were easy for me. Mostly about unix/linux and C programming. I was interviewed by senior engineers and their manager. I spoke about my background and previous jobs, did a white board presentation, and fired back questions about the company and mission of the group.

Science and Engineering Innovation Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Beckman Coulter in March 2014.

Talked to representatives at a career fair in September and applied. Was contacted for in January for 1 hour phone interview asking general interview questions about resume. Got asked about 2 weeks later to come in for an onsite interview. The interview was 5, 1 hour interviews with one human resources and various engineers and managers. Everyone was very nice to talk to. Listened very well and cared about my answers.

Interview Questions
    • One person went through behavioral questions given to them from Danaher (parent company). Others asked some behavioral questions, resume questions, questions about Beckman (Why do you like the company, what do you know about the company, why you chose engineering, why do you like the position, etc). Was asked a few questions about business ethics and what I would do in certain situations. Was given many followup questions from my responses. Wanted to make sure I was being honest and fully understand my reasoning.   Answer Question

Senior Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Beckman Coulter in March 2014.

Third party recruiting firm contracted by Beckman Coulter called. Very polite inquiry about experiences and immune assays.