Bed Bath & Beyond Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Talked with a Human Resources person first. He asked basic questions of background and just same questions that everyone always asks. He then asked if I could meet with District Manager who was over 75 miles away. I said sure. Met with a man who had just gotten into position. All he did was talk about "culture". He rarely let me even talk let alone ask any relevant questions. Interview went on for over an hour and I swear he talked 58 minutes of them about how "different" his company was and how the other companies I had interviewed with were going to be going out of business soon. Really? Walmart, Taget, and Walgreens are going out of business?lol The fact is that you can get 65-70k out of this company. They are that desperate for people. They churn and burn people. You will put in 60-70 hours a week no matter what they say. The interviewer himself said that they do not care what you do well. They are not a rah-rah company who praises their people. They just look for something else for you to do. Maybe they should give some positive feedback sometimes too. Anyway, he said he thought I was a good fit and he would call back in two days. It has been 7. I have left emails for him and hr person (who at first emailed me 20 times a day and was always responding within 5 min). Neither has called or emailed back. If you do not want someone then at least send them an email. Do not leave people hanging. And do the right thing and at least offer to pay someones mileage when they drive so far or get some technology and do skype interviews if you cant meet with interviewers. With the economy it is tough when you have to spend $100 on an interview. Also, do not wear suit to interview. This guy had on a short sleeve polo and black walking shoes. I think I intimidated him.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Pretty much out of the interview playbook   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2008.

Contacted by a recruiter. (Bed Bath Beyond doesn't use recruiters anymore). This recruiter was out of Tenn and had been an Walmart Store manager that turned on the company and started working to unionize Walmart stores in the Ohio/Indiana area. He kept you thinking you had the position.
    When I had the 1:1 interview, I met with the district manager who looked to be about 25 years old. Everything seemed fine, but I did not receive a call back. The same store has advertisements in the paper for an assistant manager every few weeks now.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!