Bed Bath & Beyond Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

1.9

Associate Interview

Interview

I applied via a paper they had on a table in the store. When I came back to return the application, a manager was called and I was "interviewed" and offered a position on the spot. It wasn't really an interview, one of the manager just asked me questions about high school and my job experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Exton, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online on snagajob.com. I was called a few days later to come in and fill out a paper application which was pretty standard. Brief work history, education, availability, etc. Immediately afterwards they asked me to wait while they got someone to interview me. She talked a little bit about the company and asked about my work history. Then I was asked to wait while they got a second person to interview me. I was asked the same questions. They called my references about 10 minutes after I left and I got an offer right after that.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything difficult. What did customer service mean to me, what I knew about the company etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told the pay and that everyone starts off part time.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Easy interview... 1 interview with a manager and then another with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. These days, they will hire anyone. They used to be more selective in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated at the starting pay based on a promise to me that my job was a full time position with room to advance and that after the typical 3 month time period and training, we would re-negotiate. This never happened.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Fill Application out make sure to speak too a manager so u can get an interview right away on the spot they will call for an second interview if they really want you they called me back I had two interviews asked me questions based on what I put on my application note this was five years ago things may have changed in the second they asked me were I could potentially work an next was oreintation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendergrass, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Pendergrass, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

was interviewed twice in the same day and sent to drug test on same day and hired. When I asked about raises it was told to me they were 'substantial' and believed to be in percentages. The truth ends up being up to no more than 25 cents a year which is not substantial. It was not asked if I can handle lifting and pushing up to 100 lb limits daily or warned.

Interview Questions

• nothing hard to answer, they hire practically anyone but fire them or let them go if they don't show up for work in their first 90 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

9.00 an hour no negotiation and it is that way for all walking through the door as a associate in the distribution center

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Palmdale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Its all about customer service nothing else whether you do well or do your best is irrelevant you should be the best customer service representative and lead by kindness towards the customer regardless the situation. Your experience in sales must already exist the time inputted to train you to be a sales expert is non existent do to the lack of time to work and train.

Interview Questions

• They will take you to a department and ask you to tell them what you can do to increase sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago Ridge, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was fine, but hiring manager was transferred day before I started work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations took place, it was a part-time job.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2010.

Interview

Once I turned in my application, I immediately spoke with the Manager on Duty. They manager told me briefly about the systems and what is was like to work at BBB. He didn't ask any questions about me, but said someone would be in touch for a second interview. I got a phone call about a second interview and spoke with another manager. Again this manager didn't ask any questions of me, just spoke about the job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2008.

Interview

There were two face to face interviews one with the Customer Service Manager and one with the Store Manager. Both interviews were straightforward. If you are able to be happy and excited while talking and show a general interest in the company and tell them how much you love their store; the whole process is a cake walk.