Bed Bath & Beyond

Updated Nov 2, 2014

1.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

There was really no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2014.

I applied online on snagajob.com. I was called a few days later to come in and fill out a paper application which was pretty standard. Brief work history, education, availability, etc. Immediately afterwards they asked me to wait while they got someone to interview me. She talked a little bit about the company and asked about my work history. Then I was asked to wait while they got a second person to interview me. I was asked the same questions. They called my references about 10 minutes after I left and I got an offer right after that.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked anything difficult. What did customer service mean to me, what I knew about the company etc.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was told the pay and that everyone starts off part time.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Easy interview... 1 interview with a manager and then another with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions. These days, they will hire anyone. They used to be more selective in the process.   Answer Question
    We negotiated at the starting pay based on a promise to me that my job was a full time position with room to advance and that after the typical 3 month time period and training, we would re-negotiate. This never happened.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Fill Application out make sure to speak too a manager so u can get an interview right away on the spot they will call for an second interview if they really want you they called me back I had two interviews asked me questions based on what I put on my application note this was five years ago things may have changed in the second they asked me were I could potentially work an next was oreintation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendergrass, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendergrass, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in March 2013.

was interviewed twice in the same day and sent to drug test on same day and hired. When I asked about raises it was told to me they were 'substantial' and believed to be in percentages. The truth ends up being up to no more than 25 cents a year which is not substantial. It was not asked if I can handle lifting and pushing up to 100 lb limits daily or warned.

Interview Questions
    • nothing hard to answer, they hire practically anyone but fire them or let them go if they don't show up for work in their first 90 days.   Answer Question
    9.00 an hour no negotiation and it is that way for all walking through the door as a associate in the distribution center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2009.

Its all about customer service nothing else whether you do well or do your best is irrelevant you should be the best customer service representative and lead by kindness towards the customer regardless the situation. Your experience in sales must already exist the time inputted to train you to be a sales expert is non existent do to the lack of time to work and train.

Interview Questions
    • They will take you to a department and ask you to tell them what you can do to increase sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2008.

Hiring process was fine, but hiring manager was transferred day before I started work.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations took place, it was a part-time job.

Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2010.

Once I turned in my application, I immediately spoke with the Manager on Duty. They manager told me briefly about the systems and what is was like to work at BBB. He didn't ask any questions about me, but said someone would be in touch for a second interview. I got a phone call about a second interview and spoke with another manager. Again this manager didn't ask any questions of me, just spoke about the job.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2008.

There were two face to face interviews one with the Customer Service Manager and one with the Store Manager. Both interviews were straightforward.
    If you are able to be happy and excited while talking and show a general interest in the company and tell them how much you love their store; the whole process is a cake walk.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2008.

he called me over the phone , asked a couple of questions, asked to come in, and asked more questions

Interview Questions
    no negotiate . don't take any offer, bad company to work for