Bed Bath & Beyond Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.0

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

I applied at snag a job.com
I was called in for an interview and to fill out an application for the job before the interview
interview #1 (Interviewer) Why do you want to work for bed bath and beyond?
they ask about your previous work experience
do you work well in a team etc
Interview #2 (HR) asked me the same questions as first interviewer
felt like interview went well
they called my references and called me the same day to schedule for another interview
2 days later ...Interview #3 (Hr) asked my availability Why i want to work for the company and negotiated salary
interview #4 i was sent to interview with the store manager to determine what position was best for me
she asked Questions like.. what was more important completing a task or tending to a customer
what would you do if you seen an employee stealing and customer service questions
was offered the job and came in next day for orientation

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Questions
    There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

I applied online and was called within 8 hours (the next morning)
    I made an appointment, and arrived to meet with the interviewing manager, who was the Operations Manager. He was very cordial and friendly.

He asked me; what I thought customer service meant, if I thought the "customer was always right", what experience I had with another store that had gained my loyalty (ie: good service), what previous experience I had in retail (I was a cashier for two years prior) and why I had left my old job.

There were a total of two interviews, which they performed on the same visit, though I have heard other people may have to wait for their second interview.

Interview Questions
    • It entailed what I felt my performance had been at my old job, and if there was anything I could have done to improve myself.   Answer Question
    There was little to no negotiations, besides what position I wanted, and what hours I wanted to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

I walked in and filled out an application at an unused register. I handed it in and expected to be told it'd be submitted, but they called up one of the managers to the front. The manager asked if I had time for an interview right then (luckily I make sure to dress nice even when submitting applications for just such cases!). He walked me over to the wedding registry office, so it was out of the way, but not in their back area. He talked to me about my previous experience, mentioned their companies values, and asked a bit about how I handled customer service. We discussed pay and schedule right then. I had listed my requested pay as $10/hr and he said they could do that. Job was offered and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    They gave me my requested amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2012.

So I applied online through snagajob on Saturday. I got a call back exactly 4 days later on Wednesday around 8:45pm asking me to come in for an interview the following day (Thursday) at 10am. *Bring a pen and dress business casual.*

So anyway I had my first interview with a very nice lady (everyone was so nice!). She asked me questions like "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." and some questions about my employment history (job titles, responsibilities, etc). Within the middle of the interview my phone rang and I was so scared but she reassured me that it was fine. In the end she said I should get a call back by the end of Friday if they were interested. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Instead, later on that day, around 7 or 8pm they called and asked me to come in for an interview the next day (Friday) at the same time (10am). I agreed and this time I met with the front end manager. I got there early, about 9:30, dressed in a black button down, black slacks and some black shoes. The front end manager came out and interviewed me early. The whole interview with him was cool. We was laughing and cracking jokes and stuff. It was actually more laid back than my first interview. But anyway he asked me things like "Describe a time that you received bad customer service." and "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" again. Just be bubbly and friendly the whole time. This interview lasted about 15 minutes. Towards the end he said he wanted to offer me a position and told me the salary based on my previous experience. I negotiated it to a lil bit more and I was satisfied with that. I really negotiated just to negotiate lol but nonetheless, I start my two week orientation on Monday!

Oh and remember to have some questions ready to ask at the end of the interview!!

Interview Questions
    Always try to negotiate!! I asked if my salary was negotiable and he went to check and came back with a better offer. I was happy with the first one but I negotiated anyway. Even if they say no it never hurts to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2012.

I picked up an application in the store and turned it in. 3 months later, I got a call back for an interview and I accepted. Interview was one on one and the interviewer just asked me questions about my application and then told me to sell her a towel. I did and was immedietly offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2011.

I got interviewed to work here and the interview was pretty simple very easy, questions like "why do you want to work here" "what made you think that being a cashier was the right position for you?" and also i had to pretend to sell an item to a customer lol. The guy was really nice... but it took him 2 weeks to call me back.. and he doesn't seem that friendly but whatever! im getting paid over 8.00$ for my first job.. so thats pretty good. im not sure about how the training is going to be or anything but well see i guess.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate.. because there are many people that are unemployed nowadays.. so he would definitly rather just pick someone else then pay you more...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2010.

Pretty easy interview, asked simple questions why do you want to work here? and such. Consisted of two interviews then got the job

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing for a business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2010.

Bed Bath & Beyond were having open interviews, and a friend and I decided to apply. We went in early to talk to the hiring manager. He asked a lot of basic questions such as availability, then said he would be in contact for a 2nd interview. No phone call was ever received.