Bed Bath & Beyond Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me one business day after I had submitted my application, scheduled me for an interview two days later for 11:30. I got there early (11:00) and had to fill out another application. There were many other applicants waiting as well, I finally got my interview at 1:30!! The HR manager finally calls me in to do the interview. It was okay,I think he was looking for someone who had nothing to do with their life and could work any shift...I however informed him that I did have another part time job but I would definitely put them as main priority and work around their schedule. I don't know if I'll get a call back though. Oh well, nothing tried nothing gained right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is good customer service? Are you able to do all that the job requires? And other questions on my previous work histor. Why I left etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied at snag a job.com I was called in for an interview and to fill out an application for the job before the interview interview #1 (Interviewer) Why do you want to work for bed bath and beyond? they ask about your previous work experience do you work well in a team etc Interview #2 (HR) asked me the same questions as first interviewer felt like interview went well they called my references and called me the same day to schedule for another interview 2 days later ...Interview #3 (Hr) asked my availability Why i want to work for the company and negotiated salary interview #4 i was sent to interview with the store manager to determine what position was best for me she asked Questions like.. what was more important completing a task or tending to a customer what would you do if you seen an employee stealing and customer service questions was offered the job and came in next day for orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Iselin, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called within 8 hours (the next morning) I made an appointment, and arrived to meet with the interviewing manager, who was the Operations Manager. He was very cordial and friendly. He asked me; what I thought customer service meant, if I thought the "customer was always right", what experience I had with another store that had gained my loyalty (ie: good service), what previous experience I had in retail (I was a cashier for two years prior) and why I had left my old job. There were a total of two interviews, which they performed on the same visit, though I have heard other people may have to wait for their second interview.

Interview Questions

• It entailed what I felt my performance had been at my old job, and if there was anything I could have done to improve myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiations, besides what position I wanted, and what hours I wanted to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application at an unused register. I handed it in and expected to be told it'd be submitted, but they called up one of the managers to the front. The manager asked if I had time for an interview right then (luckily I make sure to dress nice even when submitting applications for just such cases!). He walked me over to the wedding registry office, so it was out of the way, but not in their back area. He talked to me about my previous experience, mentioned their companies values, and asked a bit about how I handled customer service. We discussed pay and schedule right then. I had listed my requested pay as $10/hr and he said they could do that. Job was offered and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me my requested amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

So I applied online through snagajob on Saturday. I got a call back exactly 4 days later on Wednesday around 8:45pm asking me to come in for an interview the following day (Thursday) at 10am. *Bring a pen and dress business casual.* So anyway I had my first interview with a very nice lady (everyone was so nice!). She asked me questions like "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." and some questions about my employment history (job titles, responsibilities, etc). Within the middle of the interview my phone rang and I was so scared but she reassured me that it was fine. In the end she said I should get a call back by the end of Friday if they were interested. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Instead, later on that day, around 7 or 8pm they called and asked me to come in for an interview the next day (Friday) at the same time (10am). I agreed and this time I met with the front end manager. I got there early, about 9:30, dressed in a black button down, black slacks and some black shoes. The front end manager came out and interviewed me early. The whole interview with him was cool. We was laughing and cracking jokes and stuff. It was actually more laid back than my first interview. But anyway he asked me things like "Describe a time that you received bad customer service." and "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" again. Just be bubbly and friendly the whole time. This interview lasted about 15 minutes. Towards the end he said he wanted to offer me a position and told me the salary based on my previous experience. I negotiated it to a lil bit more and I was satisfied with that. I really negotiated just to negotiate lol but nonetheless, I start my two week orientation on Monday! Oh and remember to have some questions ready to ask at the end of the interview!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always try to negotiate!! I asked if my salary was negotiable and he went to check and came back with a better offer. I was happy with the first one but I negotiated anyway. Even if they say no it never hurts to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Larkspur, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I picked up an application in the store and turned it in. 3 months later, I got a call back for an interview and I accepted. Interview was one on one and the interviewer just asked me questions about my application and then told me to sell her a towel. I did and was immedietly offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Edgewater, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

I got interviewed to work here and the interview was pretty simple very easy, questions like "why do you want to work here" "what made you think that being a cashier was the right position for you?" and also i had to pretend to sell an item to a customer lol. The guy was really nice... but it took him 2 weeks to call me back.. and he doesn't seem that friendly but whatever! im getting paid over 8.00$ for my first job.. so thats pretty good. im not sure about how the training is going to be or anything but well see i guess.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.. because there are many people that are unemployed nowadays.. so he would definitly rather just pick someone else then pay you more...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, asked simple questions why do you want to work here? and such. Consisted of two interviews then got the job

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing for a business?   1 Answer