Bed Bath & Beyond

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at snag a job.com
I was called in for an interview and to fill out an application for the job before the interview
interview #1 (Interviewer) Why do you want to work for bed bath and beyond?
they ask about your previous work experience
do you work well in a team etc
Interview #2 (HR) asked me the same questions as first interviewer
felt like interview went well
they called my references and called me the same day to schedule for another interview
2 days later ...Interview #3 (Hr) asked my availability Why i want to work for the company and negotiated salary
interview #4 i was sent to interview with the store manager to determine what position was best for me
she asked Questions like.. what was more important completing a task or tending to a customer
what would you do if you seen an employee stealing and customer service questions
was offered the job and came in next day for orientation

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within 8 hours (the next morning)
I made an appointment, and arrived to meet with the interviewing manager, who was the Operations Manager. He was very cordial and friendly.

He asked me; what I thought customer service meant, if I thought the "customer was always right", what experience I had with another store that had gained my loyalty (ie: good service), what previous experience I had in retail (I was a cashier for two years prior) and why I had left my old job.

There were a total of two interviews, which they performed on the same visit, though I have heard other people may have to wait for their second interview.

Interview Question – It entailed what I felt my performance had been at my old job, and if there was anything I could have done to improve myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to no negotiations, besides what position I wanted, and what hours I wanted to work.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an application at an unused register. I handed it in and expected to be told it'd be submitted, but they called up one of the managers to the front. The manager asked if I had time for an interview right then (luckily I make sure to dress nice even when submitting applications for just such cases!). He walked me over to the wedding registry office, so it was out of the way, but not in their back area. He talked to me about my previous experience, mentioned their companies values, and asked a bit about how I handled customer service. We discussed pay and schedule right then. I had listed my requested pay as $10/hr and he said they could do that. Job was offered and I accepted.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me my requested amount.

Larkspur, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2012.

Interview Details – I picked up an application in the store and turned it in. 3 months later, I got a call back for an interview and I accepted. Interview was one on one and the interviewer just asked me questions about my application and then told me to sell her a towel. I did and was immedietly offered the job.

Interview Question – Sell me a towel.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2012.

Interview Details – So I applied online through snagajob on Saturday. I got a call back exactly 4 days later on Wednesday around 8:45pm asking me to come in for an interview the following day (Thursday) at 10am. *Bring a pen and dress business casual.*

So anyway I had my first interview with a very nice lady (everyone was so nice!). She asked me questions like "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." and some questions about my employment history (job titles, responsibilities, etc). Within the middle of the interview my phone rang and I was so scared but she reassured me that it was fine. In the end she said I should get a call back by the end of Friday if they were interested. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Instead, later on that day, around 7 or 8pm they called and asked me to come in for an interview the next day (Friday) at the same time (10am). I agreed and this time I met with the front end manager. I got there early, about 9:30, dressed in a black button down, black slacks and some black shoes. The front end manager came out and interviewed me early. The whole interview with him was cool. We was laughing and cracking jokes and stuff. It was actually more laid back than my first interview. But anyway he asked me things like "Describe a time that you received bad customer service." and "Why Bed Bath & Beyond?" again. Just be bubbly and friendly the whole time. This interview lasted about 15 minutes. Towards the end he said he wanted to offer me a position and told me the salary based on my previous experience. I negotiated it to a lil bit more and I was satisfied with that. I really negotiated just to negotiate lol but nonetheless, I start my two week orientation on Monday!

Oh and remember to have some questions ready to ask at the end of the interview!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Always try to negotiate!! I asked if my salary was negotiable and he went to check and came back with a better offer. I was happy with the first one but I negotiated anyway. Even if they say no it never hurts to ask.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview, asked simple questions why do you want to work here? and such. Consisted of two interviews then got the job

Interview Question – What is the most important thing for a business?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2010.

Interview Details – Bed Bath & Beyond were having open interviews, and a friend and I decided to apply. We went in early to talk to the hiring manager. He asked a lot of basic questions such as availability, then said he would be in contact for a 2nd interview. No phone call was ever received.

Interview Question – Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

La Habra, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2009.

Interview Details – when first applying for bed bath and beyond i was unsure of what to think, simply keeping eye contact in mind. first walking into the building and being escorted into the managers office; for my first interview. I had previously spoke with the manager on duty; before hand, so they were very well informeed i was going to be walking in as scheduled. the first questioned asked was if i knew anything about the company which further lead into detail about when the company started and how much it has grown. not overwhelming me but leading to beging asking of my work experiance and what i had to offer to the comany. it was very well informed that customer service was the main key to bed bath and beyond, especially because i was applying as a cashier. it was said cashiers were the make or break of a customer. once speaking one on one with the manager for no more than 20 mins they had said they would give my application another look and pass it on to a further manager and discuss what they had availible and give me a call. with that i called about a week after and was called in for a second interview; carried the same process, and was successful in attending orientation no more than two weeks after.

Interview Question – how much do you know about the companies history?   View Answer

Edgewater, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got interviewed to work here and the interview was pretty simple very easy, questions like "why do you want to work here" "what made you think that being a cashier was the right position for you?" and also i had to pretend to sell an item to a customer lol. The guy was really nice... but it took him 2 weeks to call me back.. and he doesn't seem that friendly but whatever! im getting paid over 8.00$ for my first job.. so thats pretty good. im not sure about how the training is going to be or anything but well see i guess.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.. because there are many people that are unemployed nowadays.. so he would definitly rather just pick someone else then pay you more...

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!