Bed Bath & Beyond

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Very basic, applied online received an email from the HR manager. Then spent a few days tracking her down. I had a phone interview then met with the DM then the RM. Was told they would make a decision the same day. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
I told them the salary I wanted and they agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I filled out an application online and was called two weeks later by the regional HR manager. She conducted the phone interview which roughly took about an hour. She asked me about my past work experience and explained a little about the culture of BB&B and set up for me to come in and meet her the following Monday. Arrived to the interview, filled out a paper interview and waited for HR. She was very pleasant and the interview was the typical interview, no hard questions. She asked me to come back the following day for a second interview with the District Manager for another interview. I interviewed with the DM and at the end of the interview he asked me what I was asking for in salary, I told him my minimum and he smiled and said "we will make our decision and call you by Friday". They called two weeks later and gave me an offer.

I gave my minimum and they offered me 3 thousand more

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

No negotiation

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

The only disappointing thing about the interview process here was the length of time and number of interviews. I went in 4 different interviews with 4 different people over the course of 6 weeks before getting a job offer. Very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions...my last interview was only 15 minutes long which was confusing to me.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

You will typically go through 3 interviews. One, on the phone with the HR Lead; one with a Store Manager; and one with the District Manager. They will mostly ask you your past experiences in the work force and why you made the decision to want to work with BBBY.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Same "by the book" new hire interview questions.   Answer Question
    They are pretty stern on the offer given out.

Department Manager Interview

Interview with recruiter, interview with district manager.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

The interview process happened fairly quickly as the push was on to fill a class spot in Atlanta before the holidays.
    I was contacted by HR shortly after submitting my application
    I was given an interview with the DM which I had to drive 45 minutes
    I then filled out a paper application before speaking with the DM
    Application was standard. Availability & Previous experience why do you want to work here etc
    Interview lasted 1.5 hrs and was very candid and relaxed
    2nd interview was in Atlanta (4hrs drive) with Senior DM
    Senior DM was bad cop to DM good cop so you have to be prepared to shift gears
    Be honest, confident yet respectful. Do not try and guess or talk above experience these people are very intelligent & intuitive.
    Have questions ready for both interviews
    They will check references and call them

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you 4 feet of endcap space and some coasters what would be your approach to merchandising them so that they sell? Explain your process.   View Answer
    Senior DM: "So how much are we going to pay you"
    Answer: I think Im worth "X"
    SDM: I think we can manage that

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2013.

I knew a CST, she forwarded my resume to District HR. Interview with District HR on phone. Followed by Face-to-Face with District HR and District Manager.

Interview Questions
    There initial offer was 50% more than my current salary with 3 weeks vacation and unlimited sick days (within reason). No negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2013.

Typical interview with the HR person. The questions were very pedestrian and did not invite for any real reflection from me.Job specifics such as number of hours, pay and benefits were only discussed after I broached the subject.

Interview Questions
    • What would distinguish me from the other applicants? This question seldom allows for the interviewed person to showcase specific talents as it is too generic.   View Answer