Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.1

Soft Side Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.

Assistant Planner Interview

I went on one interview that lasted 3.5 hours. I met with five different people from the planning department. Three out of five spoke to me in a condescending tone and were extremely chauvinistic. Even if I got the job offer, I would have thought twice about taking the position. It was not a very welcoming atmosphere for women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you analytical? I thought I answered that question adequately, but I suppose they were looking for a different answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I got a call for an interview within a day of applying. I met a manager and then another hiring manager who asked me more specific questions. They offered me the part-time position then and there. I'm about to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to describe an instance where an employee could go above and beyond in helping a customer. I gave an answer but then he redundantly asked it again in another way which was frustrating.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I filled out an application on-line and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and was asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" , "How would you help a customer that was filling out a bridal registry?"
    I was asked my availability and told that I would have to be interviewed by a second manager and I should be hearing from them in the next couple of days to schedule.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Took a few weeks but their decision was quick. I started with an online application. I waited about 2 weeks then received and email that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well but most questions were about my knowledge of the company. They got back to me quick with a denial via email.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Sales Associate/Replenishment Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Pretty straight forward asked if had any experience, can i lift more then 30 pounds with no issues, what is the reason i chose bed bath ( i told them i appreciated the fact they still do paper applications

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe our customers come into bed bath for and why they cant get this anywhere else.
      (found out it was our great customer service and how we care so much about safety)
        Answer Question
    9/hr

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

No negotiation