Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

straight forward,asked to come in and met with several supervisors and Sr.managers. They want to get a 360 degree perspective on candidates.i think that's great for candidate too. You cam ;earn about how you ill fit in the org chart. everyone was very pleasant, friendly and not at all intimidating. I was called about a day or two later with an offer.I negotiated a bit and they went to bat and met my needs.

Interview Questions

• How I would specifically handle a product issue scenario.. I   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was fair. Interviewed with a store manager and human resource manager. The company select one of their long term store managers to do an interview and HR will do an extensive interview. The interview does not prepare you for the actual on the job experience. It only highlight the company core values.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Very easy, always on the spot when you hand in app (at least its suppose to be thats the policy) and its quick. Your image unfortunately is what helps most. Normally call you back in for one more interview with store manager typically.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about what is on your application Whats your availability Why do you want to work here What did you do at previous job is asked sometimes.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter 3 days after I had applied and he scheduled an interview that week. It was a quick process. I was surprised that I wasn't asked harder interview questions. The people I interviewed with were very nice and made the interview seem not as stressful.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I went to a job fair in Florida for the interview. It was firstly a presentation of the company's policies and a description of how everything is run. Everyone filled out applications and we were interviewed one-on-one by store managers from around the district.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a customer complaint. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

consulting position - Almost all IT positions are now consulting, interview happened within a few days from my submission by the recruiter and then a response a few days later. I had an initial phone screen to go over my general experience then a 1:1 interview was immediately setup for a few days later. Interview was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my past experience along with my perceived strengths. Discussed what the scope of the expected work is.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Not much in the way of an interview when I started with the company. Applied in person and was called to inform me of my rate of pay and if I would accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of ladders?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Just your standard retail interview. They would seriously hire anyone so there isn't a real need to be and expert, cashiering would help. I'd you have stocking experience then that will also help. They just take you in an office for about 20 minutes and then they walk you to the door and let you know when they will get back to you.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Met with five different employees from Buyers to DMM's for a overall 6 hr day. First there is phone interview, then is the all day interview. The individual buyer senses were weird as most buyers just complained or talked too much about their pwn specific position rather than the general duties.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you? Do you like Bed Bath stores? What is your favorite item in Bed Bath?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes - they give vacation not Money.

Ecommerce Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Responded to company recruiter's post, phone interview then in-person. Took about 2-3 weeks in total to receive offer. Recruiter was tough on trying to negotiate as low a salary as possible. Lesson is: hold out.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional aspirations?   1 Answer
    • Do you get bored easily in a position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter was tough on trying to keep salary low.