Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Started Out As A Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Not much in the way of an interview when I started with the company. Applied in person and was called to inform me of my rate of pay and if I would accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of ladders?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Just your standard retail interview. They would seriously hire anyone so there isn't a real need to be and expert, cashiering would help. I'd you have stocking experience then that will also help. They just take you in an office for about 20 minutes and then they walk you to the door and let you know when they will get back to you.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Met with five different employees from Buyers to DMM's for a overall 6 hr day. First there is phone interview, then is the all day interview. The individual buyer senses were weird as most buyers just complained or talked too much about their pwn specific position rather than the general duties.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you? Do you like Bed Bath stores? What is your favorite item in Bed Bath?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes - they give vacation not Money.

Ecommerce Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Responded to company recruiter's post, phone interview then in-person. Took about 2-3 weeks in total to receive offer. Recruiter was tough on trying to negotiate as low a salary as possible. Lesson is: hold out.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional aspirations?   1 Answer
    • Do you get bored easily in a position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter was tough on trying to keep salary low.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Metairie, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I've applied in person and received a call the next day with invitation for interview. There were two interviews in total, second one the next day, with the store manager. Both interviews were very friendly, managers are really nice, no hard questions - tell me about yourself, and many regarding previous experience and how to deal with customers who are not satisfied (for any reason).

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see that your supervisor does not respect the safety rules   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me one business day after I had submitted my application, scheduled me for an interview two days later for 11:30. I got there early (11:00) and had to fill out another application. There were many other applicants waiting as well, I finally got my interview at 1:30!! The HR manager finally calls me in to do the interview. It was okay,I think he was looking for someone who had nothing to do with their life and could work any shift...I however informed him that I did have another part time job but I would definitely put them as main priority and work around their schedule. I don't know if I'll get a call back though. Oh well, nothing tried nothing gained right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is good customer service? Are you able to do all that the job requires? And other questions on my previous work histor. Why I left etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I first interviewed via phone with HR, then had multiple in-person interviews (over a couple of weeks). The people were great and I could have seen myself working with them, the facilities were nice but modest. The whole process from start to finish took nearly 3 months.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, what type of work you enjoy doing, how you interact cross-functionally.   Answer Question

The final offer was not competitive. The benefits were terrible (no 401k contribution allowed for first year, major dental available after 1 year, only 6 holidays, PTO is nearly nonexistent and there is no option to work from home, no bonus and very limited stock incentives). It is unfortunate that the corporate benefits are so tied to their retail stores as they are falling significantly short in contrast to the rest of corporate America. Would have loved to join the team, but couldn't justify essentially breaking even.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The interview wax easy, just situational questions. Still waiting to hear back to see if I got the job. A little annoyed that there is no follow through from the HR people.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Lake Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in with a filled out application and interviewed immediately. The manager was cheerful and eager to hear what I had to say. In the same visit I had a second interview with another manager who was just as pleasant as the first. They set an appointment for the next day with the store manager. The first two interviews went well, but the third interview was rushed and lacked genuineness. The manager was 20 minutes late to the appointment and seemed very distracted but did not offer any feedback. I was waiting with other candidates so the experience was a little off-putting. I was asked generic questions off of a crumpled paper and told that if I receive a call, he wants to proceed with the process, but if I don't that's a no.

Interview Questions

• If your shift starts at 5pm, what time would you consider yourself to be late or tardy?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if you were asked/told to do something that is outside of your job responsibilities?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First with HR then with a District Manager. HR will give you the company low down and make it sound great. District Managers are very dry and serious.