Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.1

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Took a few weeks but their decision was quick. I started with an online application. I waited about 2 weeks then received and email that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well but most questions were about my knowledge of the company. They got back to me quick with a denial via email.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Sales Associate/Replenishment Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Pretty straight forward asked if had any experience, can i lift more then 30 pounds with no issues, what is the reason i chose bed bath ( i told them i appreciated the fact they still do paper applications

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe our customers come into bed bath for and why they cant get this anywhere else.
      (found out it was our great customer service and how we care so much about safety)
        Answer Question
    9/hr

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Visited a local BB&B for the first time to buy some kitchenware, and saw a stack of applications at the front entrance. Had been thinking of getting a part-job, preferably overnight hours. The whole store is a mess so I figured it wouldn't have terribly crazy standards and a time-consuming hiring process like at Target. I filled out the two-page application (they were xerox'ed copies) in my car in the parking lot. Got a call about one week later to come in for an interview Friday afternoon of that week. Arrived that day and waited 15 minutes on the middle of the floor, until the manager came out and took me upstairs -- yes, upstairs along a tiny staircase in the corner of the warehouse -- to where his "office" was. And what an office it was. It looked like it had hurricane had hit it. I sensed the shambolic environment, which surprised me for a brand like BB&B. It was worse than someplace I'd expect like K-Mart. The manager was cordial, asked me the basic rudimentary questions, and 15 minutes later it was all over and I left his warzone -- I mean, office.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work at Bed Bath & Beyond, specifically?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview is pretty relaxed and easy, I had two interviews. The first interview was with a manager he just went over my application and asked what I did at my preview jobs and went over the company policies. The second interview was with another manager and he just asked what i did at my previous job and why did i want to work there, easy and simple.

None, i accepted the salary

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

The only disappointing thing about the interview process here was the length of time and number of interviews. I went in 4 different interviews with 4 different people over the course of 6 weeks before getting a job offer. Very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions...my last interview was only 15 minutes long which was confusing to me.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Very easy interview, common work experience questions. There mainly grading on personality and past experience. Always put the customer first what there looking for. Very easy-going and comfortable to be around.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question I always get is name your weaknesses was only one I joked out of.   Answer Question
    Was a supervisor in the past and was taking on a lower title so they did offer me a dollar more with less responsibility.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!