Bed Bath & Beyond

238 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in application to manager. Asked to take assessment test followed by a 1:1 interview. Rather easy interview. Heard back in a couple of days. Meet with the staff and Vice President. Training took a week.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for an interview. I went in to the customer service desk where I waited for the interviewer. After waiting for awhile I was told I could wait at the wedding consultant desk, which is where I was interviewed when the interviewer was ready. It was a little noisy since we were out in the store and right by the cash registers and doors.

Interview Question – Think of something you have bought recently, and tell me why I should buy one.   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Overnight Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Needed better hours.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Iselin, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Store Management Interview

Store Management
Guaynabo, PR

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview and hiring process. Receive a phone call from recruiters for qualifying candidate. After that 1:1 interview with DM. Offer receive in less than 10 days. Hiring process was fast and quickly. They provide training for easy on boarding. Take longer for adaptation to Store Culture. Interview in same store.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All job related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quickly process for hiring.

Sales Associate/Replenishment Interview

Sales Associate/Replenishment

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward asked if had any experience, can i lift more then 30 pounds with no issues, what is the reason i chose bed bath ( i told them i appreciated the fact they still do paper applications

Interview Question – What do you believe our customers come into bed bath for and why they cant get this anywhere else.
(found out it was our great customer service and how we care so much about safety)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9/hr

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

Interview Question – There isn't a difficult question very basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Southaven, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a shift operating manager who said he wanted me to come in for an interview.
I went on the interview only to find another person there with me. The interview was good it only lasted for 30 minutes. I was hired for the job!

Interview Question – Most difficult questions was, "Could I work weekends."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate a proper time to work. The retail industry requires that you work on weekends including Sundays!

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!