Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.1

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Took a few weeks but their decision was quick. I started with an online application. I waited about 2 weeks then received and email that they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well but most questions were about my knowledge of the company. They got back to me quick with a denial via email.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2011.

Typical Q&A regarding background and aspirations. Miss lead the possibility of advancement which entail a great deal of office politics and favoritism. The Q&A is just a formaluity to obtain warm bodies in the revolving door of personal.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 5 year goal? But never explain how that goal is achieved.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2010.

Handed in application to manager. Asked to take assessment test followed by a 1:1 interview. Rather easy interview. Heard back in a couple of days. Meet with the staff and Vice President. Training took a week.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I went in to the customer service desk where I waited for the interviewer. After waiting for awhile I was told I could wait at the wedding consultant desk, which is where I was interviewed when the interviewer was ready. It was a little noisy since we were out in the store and right by the cash registers and doors.

Interview Questions
    • Think of something you have bought recently, and tell me why I should buy one.   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Questions
    There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guaynabo, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Easy interview and hiring process. Receive a phone call from recruiters for qualifying candidate. After that 1:1 interview with DM. Offer receive in less than 10 days. Hiring process was fast and quickly. They provide training for easy on boarding. Take longer for adaptation to Store Culture. Interview in same store.

Interview Questions
    Quickly process for hiring.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!