Bed Bath & Beyond

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Intern Interview

Got referred by a neighbor. The process took a while because they were figuring out how many interns they could hire.I came in and interviewed with 3 different departments, about 20 minutes each. In between the hiring manager would come in and check on me.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions- strengths, weaknesses, why you   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

There was really no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Very basic, applied online received an email from the HR manager. Then spent a few days tracking her down. I had a phone interview then met with the DM then the RM. Was told they would make a decision the same day. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I told them the salary I wanted and they agreed.

Soft Side Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.

Assistant Planner Interview

I went on one interview that lasted 3.5 hours. I met with five different people from the planning department. Three out of five spoke to me in a condescending tone and were extremely chauvinistic. Even if I got the job offer, I would have thought twice about taking the position. It was not a very welcoming atmosphere for women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you analytical? I thought I answered that question adequately, but I suppose they were looking for a different answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I filled out an application on-line and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and was asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" , "How would you help a customer that was filling out a bridal registry?"
    I was asked my availability and told that I would have to be interviewed by a second manager and I should be hearing from them in the next couple of days to schedule.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I got a call for an interview within a day of applying. I met a manager and then another hiring manager who asked me more specific questions. They offered me the part-time position then and there. I'm about to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to describe an instance where an employee could go above and beyond in helping a customer. I gave an answer but then he redundantly asked it again in another way which was frustrating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

was a very friendly easy going atmosphere. I approached them at a job fair and I was asked to go meet the hiring manager in a store in las vegas. I went over there and I was asked what I could bring for the company and why I chose bed bath and beyond. Asked a few questions on my educational back ground and previous work experience. and my availability of hours and days

Interview Questions

It was a seasonal position

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

I filled out an application online and was called two weeks later by the regional HR manager. She conducted the phone interview which roughly took about an hour. She asked me about my past work experience and explained a little about the culture of BB&B and set up for me to come in and meet her the following Monday. Arrived to the interview, filled out a paper interview and waited for HR. She was very pleasant and the interview was the typical interview, no hard questions. She asked me to come back the following day for a second interview with the District Manager for another interview. I interviewed with the DM and at the end of the interview he asked me what I was asking for in salary, I told him my minimum and he smiled and said "we will make our decision and call you by Friday". They called two weeks later and gave me an offer.

I gave my minimum and they offered me 3 thousand more