Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2010.

interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Salary too low.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2012.

Phone interview led to 2nd interview then a 3rd. Company told me i was top candidate for 4 months. Strung me along told me they just didnt know what position they would give me. After almost 5 months of waiting, i tried to email/call and nobody would return my call. Gave up, and im moving on... TERRIBLE way to treat potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions and then the RDM actually asked me if i had kids and could handle the long summer training.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2009.

Its all about customer service nothing else whether you do well or do your best is irrelevant you should be the best customer service representative and lead by kindness towards the customer regardless the situation. Your experience in sales must already exist the time inputted to train you to be a sales expert is non existent do to the lack of time to work and train.

Interview Questions
    • They will take you to a department and ask you to tell them what you can do to increase sales.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2011.

They explained how they need associates who can climb ladders and be a cashier, be outgoing, willing to learn new things.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to be in a shark tank by fulfilling difficult customers needs?   View Answer
    N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2012.

Got an Introductory interview. Very easy questions, nailed it! Got a second interview and thought it was going to be just as easy as the first. Man was I wrong. Tough tricky questions. Asked very specific situational questions. I waited a long time only to call and find out that they had hired somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a question about if someone had purchased something a year ago and it wasn't working and they wanted to return it, what would I do?   View Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2010.

Interviewed with manager and assistant manager.Review application answered several question about resume and qualification,basically more of and audition than interview

Interview Questions
    Explained pay would be based on previous experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Immediate interview with the manager on duty, second interview scheduled if you are of interest

Interview Questions
    I accepted, though the offer was a bit low. I eventually moved up to an acceptable pay grade

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2010.

Very situational interview. I was asked to explain how I would respond in different scenarios. Very customer service driven. The philosophy is find great people that understand customer service and then teach them BB&B because some things are not trainable. The interview process is extremly intense and usually consist of atleast two face to face interviews, one of them being with the Regional Manager

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are open ended and to get you to sale yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in March 2010.

Initially received a call from someone at the store to set up an interview. When I arrived there were a few papers that I needed to fill out. That took longer than the interview itself. Interview was about 15-20 minutes. Questions were about what I was currently doing, studying etc. Questions were about past work experience and what I was looking for in obtaining a job with the company. No questions asked about my fortes or what I would bring to the table in working for BB&B. Very informal setting in a very messy office, with a manager that looked like he was working in a stock room.

Interview Questions
    • Why has so much time lapsed since your last employment and now?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2009.

Three interviews: 1 with HR Mgr, 1 with District Mgr, 1 with Regional Mgr

Interview Questions
    • They take advantage of a job seeker who has management experience and is currently out of work.   View Answer
    They will offer you a very low salary number.