Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Salary too low.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview led to 2nd interview then a 3rd. Company told me i was top candidate for 4 months. Strung me along told me they just didnt know what position they would give me. After almost 5 months of waiting, i tried to email/call and nobody would return my call. Gave up, and im moving on... TERRIBLE way to treat potential employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions and then the RDM actually asked me if i had kids and could handle the long summer training.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Palmdale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Its all about customer service nothing else whether you do well or do your best is irrelevant you should be the best customer service representative and lead by kindness towards the customer regardless the situation. Your experience in sales must already exist the time inputted to train you to be a sales expert is non existent do to the lack of time to work and train.

Interview Questions

• They will take you to a department and ask you to tell them what you can do to increase sales.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Took about two months from first phone call to hear back. Then it took another two months to get an in person interview. But once they decided I was given one weeks notice of the date Both in person interviews were all day and nobody thought to offer lunch.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work a regular eight hour day?   1 Answer

Get everything up front and in writing. everything was great until the offer. At that point they really nickled and dimed me. No bonus structure but some stock that nobody could really explain. Relocation package was not good. Moving would have cost me money. From talking to potential peers I got the impression that they micromanage everything from work hours to lunch items.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2010.

Interview

Very situational interview. I was asked to explain how I would respond in different scenarios. Very customer service driven. The philosophy is find great people that understand customer service and then teach them BB&B because some things are not trainable. The interview process is extremly intense and usually consist of atleast two face to face interviews, one of them being with the Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• All the questions are open ended and to get you to sale yourself.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and assistant manager.Review application answered several question about resume and qualification,basically more of and audition than interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Explained pay would be based on previous experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Immediate interview with the manager on duty, second interview scheduled if you are of interest

Interview Questions

• If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?   21 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted, though the offer was a bit low. I eventually moved up to an acceptable pay grade

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2011.

Interview

They explained how they need associates who can climb ladders and be a cashier, be outgoing, willing to learn new things.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to be in a shark tank by fulfilling difficult customers needs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2012.

Interview

Got an Introductory interview. Very easy questions, nailed it! Got a second interview and thought it was going to be just as easy as the first. Man was I wrong. Tough tricky questions. Asked very specific situational questions. I waited a long time only to call and find out that they had hired somebody else.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about if someone had purchased something a year ago and it wasn't working and they wanted to return it, what would I do?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was fair. Interviewed with a store manager and human resource manager. The company select one of their long term store managers to do an interview and HR will do an extensive interview. The interview does not prepare you for the actual on the job experience. It only highlight the company core values.