Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.1

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Human Resources contact was incredibly unprofessional, setting up 5 appointments with me and either never showing up or cancelling at the last minute. The hiring manager was 20 minutes late for the interview with not so much as an acknowledgement of her tardiness. I did not follow up after that - If I company is so discourteous before they hire you, I can't imagine how you're treated afterward.

Interview Questions
    • None - the questions were standard lifts from a "how to interview" book.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Went in for an application. Filled it out at home. Brought it back and spoke with a manager. We set up a time for a second interview. Completed second interview. Didn't hear back for a week. I called to ask about it. They said they "lost my application" and wanted to hire me. He told me right there on the phone that i got the job.

Interview Questions
    none. he told me on the phone how much i was to be paid.

Operations Manager Interview

Went to a job fair and interviewed with 2 high level associates over almost 3 hours. Was told that they would be in tough the next day with an appointment with a superior. I was never contacted again and my emails went un answered

Store Manager Interview

Phone then face to face

Tarantino leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2012.

Walked in there to give them my application and the manager automatically asked for an interview when I wasn't prepared with a resume. I walked in there with two buddies of mine, one of my buddies and I got hired. It was very easy and plain. Nothing to worry about.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Applied on company website and was contacted by District HR to attend a job fair. At fair filled out application and listened to a 15-20 minute introduction to the company and job requirements. Then was interviewed by two store managers.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Applied on-line. Phone interview first - 10 minutes long. I then interviewed with a district HR person for 30 minutes. Finally I interviewed with the DM for about 20 minutes. Many questions were about Customer Service.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    No negotiation was possible.

Manager Interview

Nice interview process. Easy

All Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2009.

Interviewing process was very casual at that time. Be prepared to "sell" an item.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure if there was one at that time. Was more of just having a conversation with someone you just met.   Answer Question
    at the time I hired in at part time, it was only my second job being that I spent 20+ years at first employer.. Did think to ask about pay increase, or oppertunity to advance. Was told by store manager that she wanted to promote me within, but then she had to transfer to different store.