Bed Bath & Beyond

Average Difficulty
231 candidate interviews

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Human Resources contact was incredibly unprofessional, setting up 5 appointments with me and either never showing up or cancelling at the last minute. The hiring manager was 20 minutes late for the interview with not so much as an acknowledgement of her tardiness. I did not follow up after that - If I company is so discourteous before they hire you, I can't imagine how you're treated afterward.

Interview Question – None - the questions were standard lifts from a "how to interview" book.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Went in for an application. Filled it out at home. Brought it back and spoke with a manager. We set up a time for a second interview. Completed second interview. Didn't hear back for a week. I called to ask about it. They said they "lost my application" and wanted to hire me. He told me right there on the phone that i got the job.

Interview Question – just basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. he told me on the phone how much i was to be paid.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Went to a job fair and interviewed with 2 high level associates over almost 3 hours. Was told that they would be in tough the next day with an appointment with a superior. I was never contacted again and my emails went un answered

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interview Details – Phone then face to face

Negotiation Details – Tarantino leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in there to give them my application and the manager automatically asked for an interview when I wasn't prepared with a resume. I walked in there with two buddies of mine, one of my buddies and I got hired. It was very easy and plain. Nothing to worry about.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Applied on company website and was contacted by District HR to attend a job fair. At fair filled out application and listened to a 15-20 minute introduction to the company and job requirements. Then was interviewed by two store managers.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the word Teamwork?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Phone interview first - 10 minutes long. I then interviewed with a district HR person for 30 minutes. Finally I interviewed with the DM for about 20 minutes. Many questions were about Customer Service.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interview Details – Nice interview process. Easy

Interview Question – Phone interview first - then sit down interview.   Answer Question

All Interview

All

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was very casual at that time. Be prepared to "sell" an item.

Interview Question – Not sure if there was one at that time. Was more of just having a conversation with someone you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – at the time I hired in at part time, it was only my second job being that I spent 20+ years at first employer.. Did think to ask about pay increase, or oppertunity to advance. Was told by store manager that she wanted to promote me within, but then she had to transfer to different store.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond interview questions and advice. All 231 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees and interview candidates.