Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Part Time Sales AssociTim Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Salinas, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was not very intensive, I dont feel like they have a prepared set of questions. They do actually check your references though and will not hire without them. Actual hiring process after being offered job is long and monotonous. 4+ hours of paperwork, job review and training videos, followed by 20+ more training hours on floor.

Interview Questions

• Why dd you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

When I went in to get an application, a lady at customer service asked me if i wanted to speak with a manager on duty the same day. I accepted and the manager took me into her office and was eager to speak with me. Overall process was painless and quick.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for working in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in person to fill out the application, was told to wait to speak with a manager when i turned it in but didnt have the time. Got a call within the next couple days, came in the interview the same week, interview was quick, asked about hours, past work experience, was hired on the spot

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Rockville, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

One-on-one with district manager. Very personable meeting with the district manager. He did give me an accurate description of the position responsibilities. We toured the store and went over merchandising and maintainence expectations. We met sales staff and quized them on sales techniques.

Interview Questions

• Experience in merchandising. Worked with P&L? What were your gm's and gmroi's on average. How do you resolve conflicts?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2011.

Interview

Basically the operations manager will begin the interview, typically in the bridal-consultant room on the sales floor. It supposed to give a more comfortable atmosphere and awareness of what your actually getting into. Dress for success even though working there rarely will you ever have that opportunity again. Smile. Customer service is their core value, smile and act like you can carry on a happy face for an entire shift.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Rockville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

2 intervies. One with a key holder and the other with the store manager. They try and tell you things that make the store attractive and why one should join. Anything to lure you in.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Garden City, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Starts by receiving a phonecall to set up an interview in the store. Once this is done, the potential new employee meets with a hiring manager to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you'd like the least about working here?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Savannah, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews are done by District Mgr and you cover a lot of what you can do for them, but there is a lot of ideas of what company will do but don't expect it to happen.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

You might have to drive to a store not close to you to meet with an HR Rep. Then you will wait about 30-45 minutes before being seen. After the first interview you may drive to a different store a week later and meet with a DM. And again you will wait about 30 mins before being seen. If your salary requirements are high you will have a third interview with a Senior DM and will drive to another store unless you are lucky enough to be where they both are at a store.

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you for this position what assets will you bring and contribute?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The interview wax easy, just situational questions. Still waiting to hear back to see if I got the job. A little annoyed that there is no follow through from the HR people.