Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.1

Customer Service - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Port Chester, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted a couple days after I applied in person. They asked me for an interview, but it was a group interview. The group interview was thorough; the manager was clear about the type of work, customers, and pay that would be involved. Despite me not liking the company, the interview was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a team leader? Have you ever been under pressure? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was fair. Interviewed with a store manager and human resource manager. The company select one of their long term store managers to do an interview and HR will do an extensive interview. The interview does not prepare you for the actual on the job experience. It only highlight the company core values.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Very easy, always on the spot when you hand in app (at least its suppose to be thats the policy) and its quick. Your image unfortunately is what helps most. Normally call you back in for one more interview with store manager typically.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about what is on your application Whats your availability Why do you want to work here What did you do at previous job is asked sometimes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter 3 days after I had applied and he scheduled an interview that week. It was a quick process. I was surprised that I wasn't asked harder interview questions. The people I interviewed with were very nice and made the interview seem not as stressful.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

consulting position - Almost all IT positions are now consulting, interview happened within a few days from my submission by the recruiter and then a response a few days later. I had an initial phone screen to go over my general experience then a 1:1 interview was immediately setup for a few days later. Interview was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my past experience along with my perceived strengths. Discussed what the scope of the expected work is.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Joplin, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied in person and was called for an interview a week or two later. Interview was a scheduled one-on-one, face-to-face sit-down type in the office. The interviewer asked questions from a flipbook of interview questions (I assumed all BB&B interviews use the same questions from this particular flipbook). Took 30 minutes tops. Got a call and job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in a previous job that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Dedham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I inquired within the store if they were hiring and they said they were. I proceeded to their website and submitted an application on the company website. I then had a phone screen and they asked for face to face interview.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

They take you into the meeting room and just ask you some quick questions for about 10 mins. they gave me a paper so i could go to the doctors and take a drug test. The next week i started my training.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about the position   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview once they are able to determine that you have management experience they offer you a job. They paid particuler attention to your work experience and how you where able to contribute.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the total margin that a store is making how do you calculate it   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Totowa, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Totowa, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview went very smooth and quick to me. No hard hitting questions just the regular behavioral questionnaire, drug and background test. Easy. Could have been because my interviewing was extremely upbeat and easy going. Nonetheless, one of the easiest interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• Describe and instance when you had conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question