Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2015.

Interview

Uncomfortable i was made to feel like I was inadequate because I had just had a child and informed that I would need to take pumping breaks. I was still offered a position but the interview was horrible

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me one business day after I had submitted my application, scheduled me for an interview two days later for 11:30. I got there early (11:00) and had to fill out another application. There were many other applicants waiting as well, I finally got my interview at 1:30!! The HR manager finally calls me in to do the interview. It was okay,I think he was looking for someone who had nothing to do with their life and could work any shift...I however informed him that I did have another part time job but I would definitely put them as main priority and work around their schedule. I don't know if I'll get a call back though. Oh well, nothing tried nothing gained right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is good customer service? Are you able to do all that the job requires? And other questions on my previous work histor. Why I left etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District HR Manager. It took about an hour with the application. I was asked about the previous experiences. We talked about the store management, the costumer service, cash handling and so on. I learned more information about the company, the culture. It was a pretty good interview, I enjoyed it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Metairie, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I've applied in person and received a call the next day with invitation for interview. There were two interviews in total, second one the next day, with the store manager. Both interviews were very friendly, managers are really nice, no hard questions - tell me about yourself, and many regarding previous experience and how to deal with customers who are not satisfied (for any reason).

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see that your supervisor does not respect the safety rules   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I first interviewed via phone with HR, then had multiple in-person interviews (over a couple of weeks). The people were great and I could have seen myself working with them, the facilities were nice but modest. The whole process from start to finish took nearly 3 months.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, what type of work you enjoy doing, how you interact cross-functionally.   Answer Question

The final offer was not competitive. The benefits were terrible (no 401k contribution allowed for first year, major dental available after 1 year, only 6 holidays, PTO is nearly nonexistent and there is no option to work from home, no bonus and very limited stock incentives). It is unfortunate that the corporate benefits are so tied to their retail stores as they are falling significantly short in contrast to the rest of corporate America. Would have loved to join the team, but couldn't justify essentially breaking even.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The interview wax easy, just situational questions. Still waiting to hear back to see if I got the job. A little annoyed that there is no follow through from the HR people.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First with HR then with a District Manager. HR will give you the company low down and make it sound great. District Managers are very dry and serious.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

2 Interviews, it was really chill and relaxed. It was my first time going for an interview and I did pretty well. The managers interviewed me and were really friendly. They listed requirements and asked if I could fulfill them, lifting over 40pds, working late nights, etc.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Lake Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in with a filled out application and interviewed immediately. The manager was cheerful and eager to hear what I had to say. In the same visit I had a second interview with another manager who was just as pleasant as the first. They set an appointment for the next day with the store manager. The first two interviews went well, but the third interview was rushed and lacked genuineness. The manager was 20 minutes late to the appointment and seemed very distracted but did not offer any feedback. I was waiting with other candidates so the experience was a little off-putting. I was asked generic questions off of a crumpled paper and told that if I receive a call, he wants to proceed with the process, but if I don't that's a no.

Interview Questions

• If your shift starts at 5pm, what time would you consider yourself to be late or tardy?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if you were asked/told to do something that is outside of your job responsibilities?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was a promotion from within candidate so my experience will probably be different from that of an outside candidate. Be prepared to do your homework and know that BBBY's customer service is a company focus. Also, have a strong knowledge and understanding of product merchandising/placement and dollaring-out concept. I highly recommend surveying the store layouts and be able to ask questions and share observations relevant to the interview questions.

Negotiation

In my case I was new to retail management and settled for a fair salary. They gave me an initial offer and countered for a few thousand more to compensate for the extra driving time and expense I would incur because of the assignment being further away from the location I worked at the time. I didn't find the process intimidating at all. If you have a lot of retail management experience then it would not be uncommon for them to offer you a base of $50,000 as long as you are promotable.