Bed Bath & Beyond

Average Difficulty
238 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Visited a local BB&B for the first time to buy some kitchenware, and saw a stack of applications at the front entrance. Had been thinking of getting a part-job, preferably overnight hours. The whole store is a mess so I figured it wouldn't have terribly crazy standards and a time-consuming hiring process like at Target. I filled out the two-page application (they were xerox'ed copies) in my car in the parking lot. Got a call about one week later to come in for an interview Friday afternoon of that week. Arrived that day and waited 15 minutes on the middle of the floor, until the manager came out and took me upstairs -- yes, upstairs along a tiny staircase in the corner of the warehouse -- to where his "office" was. And what an office it was. It looked like it had hurricane had hit it. I sensed the shambolic environment, which surprised me for a brand like BB&B. It was worse than someplace I'd expect like K-Mart. The manager was cordial, asked me the basic rudimentary questions, and 15 minutes later it was all over and I left his warzone -- I mean, office.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at Bed Bath & Beyond, specifically?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through a job search engine. I got an email response asking that I come in. I then filled out a hard copy application and had my first interview. (After working here for a while I realized that applying online was really just a way to get me in the door, I personally assume that the email response is sent out to everyone who applies online. As a company or so I've been told they try to give everyone a chance "They are always hiring.") I had my second interview that same day with a different manager. I was contacted the next day to set up the third interview with the store manager. I was hired within a week or 2.

Interview Question – Scenarios. My third interview with the store manager had a couple scenarios that I wasn't really sure of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are somewhat able to negotiate pay and flexibility of hours. I am a college student and don't work many hours and they are very flexible about that. Also when I originally applied I had a second job and they were willing to work around it.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – The only disappointing thing about the interview process here was the length of time and number of interviews. I went in 4 different interviews with 4 different people over the course of 6 weeks before getting a job offer. Very long and drawn out.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions...my last interview was only 15 minutes long which was confusing to me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Interview is pretty relaxed and easy, I had two interviews. The first interview was with a manager he just went over my application and asked what I did at my preview jobs and went over the company policies. The second interview was with another manager and he just asked what i did at my previous job and why did i want to work there, easy and simple.

Negotiation Details – None, i accepted the salary

Very Easy Interview

Soft Side/Hard Side Sales Associate, Bridal Consultant, Stock Replenishment, Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Very easy interview, common work experience questions. There mainly grading on personality and past experience. Always put the customer first what there looking for. Very easy-going and comfortable to be around.

Interview Question – Hardest question I always get is name your weaknesses was only one I joked out of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was a supervisor in the past and was taking on a lower title so they did offer me a dollar more with less responsibility.

Newton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in and asked Customer Service if I could speak to the store manager. They handed me an application that I filled out and returned to them. I received a call within a few days for an interview. Met one on one with the store manager who was very professional. Quick hiring process.

Interview Question – A question or two that were retail-related. As this was my first retail position, I answered to the best of my abilities. Still got hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was just a part-time for me. There wasn't any room for negotiation

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant
Culver City, CA

Interview Details – It was short and simple. They weren't all that engaging and gave no indication of whether or not my answers suited their needs. It was a pleasant interview, but they gave no information about the company. Seeing as they don't advertise anything, it's hard to get a clear picture of the objective of the company.

Interview Question – How long I planned to work for them   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Soft Side Interview

Assistant Manager - Soft Side
Farmingdale, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2011.

Interview Details – After recruiting approves you for an interview prepare for a whole day of fun... You are lead to room where 5 internal employees of various postions buyer - gmm ask you questions or sometimes just talk about themselves. Prepare to really know why you want the job. Sometimes you will be called in for another round. At asst level they will bump you down a position if you are straight out of college.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, nothing to throw you off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at asst buyer level . Associates and above can negotiate. More flexible on stock options and vacation than actual base salary.

Associate Interview

Associate
Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on snagajob.com. I was called a few days later to come in and fill out a paper application which was pretty standard. Brief work history, education, availability, etc. Immediately afterwards they asked me to wait while they got someone to interview me. She talked a little bit about the company and asked about my work history. Then I was asked to wait while they got a second person to interview me. I was asked the same questions. They called my references about 10 minutes after I left and I got an offer right after that.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked anything difficult. What did customer service mean to me, what I knew about the company etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told the pay and that everyone starts off part time.

Reno, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2014.

Interview Details – interview was really easy, no super hard questions, no drug test, they mainly only cared about how i felt with climbing ladders which i was kinda scared at first but within a week it was not a big deal. they asked where i went to school, what i did on weekends, and wanted me to assure them i was reliable and honest. i had a second interview immediately after with the senior manager and she just explained my duties and what i was expected to do. i started within the following 2 weeks.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who you particularly didnt like and what did you do?   View Answer