Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2015.

Interview

I was told about the company and asked about my experience. There was more talking about the company than there was time for me to talk about my experience or why I wanted the job.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Took about two months from first phone call to hear back. Then it took another two months to get an in person interview. But once they decided I was given one weeks notice of the date Both in person interviews were all day and nobody thought to offer lunch.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work a regular eight hour day?   1 Answer

Get everything up front and in writing. everything was great until the offer. At that point they really nickled and dimed me. No bonus structure but some stock that nobody could really explain. Relocation package was not good. Moving would have cost me money. From talking to potential peers I got the impression that they micromanage everything from work hours to lunch items.

Director Interview

Interview

It was nothing but constant rescheduling at the last minute after I had scheduled my day to accomodate them on many occasions. This went on for 4 or 5 times and then they simply weren't available when I arrived for the interview. If this is how they treat you during the interview process, it has to be a nightmare working for them. I have a nice income and whatever they offer in the stock options that no one could seem to explain seemed like a way to try and hire expensive talent for less than fair market value. Who in their right mind would relocate for this kind of nonsense. They were extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. I have a leadership role and to expect me to constantly turn my schedule upset down to accomodate someone who is "busy" or in a meeting that is running late is ridiculous. I'm in meetings too and I'm busy, but I'm a professional and I know how to manage my time. I feel for the people that work at their HQ, I have no doubt it is a dysfunctional environment.

Interview Questions

• What questions? All they did was schedule and reschedule interviews and then when they finally confirmed the time, they stood me up.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Intern Interview

Interview

Got referred by a neighbor. The process took a while because they were figuring out how many interns they could hire.I came in and interviewed with 3 different departments, about 20 minutes each. In between the hiring manager would come in and check on me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions- strengths, weaknesses, why you   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Port Chester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with a very nice, short man. It went well, he set me up with a second interview with another manager at the store for another day. I think it was about three days away. When I came to the second interview I was only there for like two minutes. He asked me three questions while flipping threw papers on his desk and sent me on my way. I don't know what I did wrong...

Interview Questions

• What is something your trying to change about yourself?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Very basic, applied online received an email from the HR manager. Then spent a few days tracking her down. I had a phone interview then met with the DM then the RM. Was told they would make a decision the same day. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them the salary I wanted and they agreed.

Soft Side Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.

Assistant Planner Interview

Interview

I went on one interview that lasted 3.5 hours. I met with five different people from the planning department. Three out of five spoke to me in a condescending tone and were extremely chauvinistic. Even if I got the job offer, I would have thought twice about taking the position. It was not a very welcoming atmosphere for women.

Interview Questions

• What makes you analytical? I thought I answered that question adequately, but I suppose they were looking for a different answer.   Answer Question