Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

2.1

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I had submitted my resume through a contact at the company. It was given to HR, who called my cell phone. After an initial discussion about the position, work load and department availabilities, we scheduled a formal interview.

After surviving the drive on the Garden State Pkwy, I went to the sign-in desk and went the interview room. I met with the HR people I talked to on the phone and answered some base questions about myself, my work experience, school, etc. After that, I met with one set of department representatives. This part was very informal. We discussed the work their dept does and some mutual interests. They were very kind and silly.

Then I met with another person from another dept. She was very interested in my school work and interests. I ended up saying I'd like to work for either department. Then they said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks.

I got a phone call from them a week and a half later and accepted the job. They roll interns in during a three week period. And then you stop in a similar manner. I started the second week and met an intern in my dept who started a week earlier. Another intern in our dept started a week after. It was an interesting experience. I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your major [marketing] and not your interest [visual arts]?   View Answer
    As an intern with little experience, I wasn't really in a position to negotiate. My last job was minimum wage ($7.25/hr). They offered me $10. I had put "negotiable" on the application. I jumped at the opportunity. They also had perks, like 20% store discounts at them and concept branches (Christmas Tree Shoppes, Harmon, BuyBuyBaby, etc.) They also have an Incentives program where you can purchase featured items each month at a severely reduced price (about half price)! You just have to attend a presentation on the product. This helps you get first hand experience with the items you sell and you can recommend them to the customer too.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2014.

I applied online on snagajob.com. I was called a few days later to come in and fill out a paper application which was pretty standard. Brief work history, education, availability, etc. Immediately afterwards they asked me to wait while they got someone to interview me. She talked a little bit about the company and asked about my work history. Then I was asked to wait while they got a second person to interview me. I was asked the same questions. They called my references about 10 minutes after I left and I got an offer right after that.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked anything difficult. What did customer service mean to me, what I knew about the company etc.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was told the pay and that everyone starts off part time.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Easy, two in person interviews which he read off flash cards

Interview Questions
    • whats your biggest weakness? *everyones dreaded question"   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

You will typically go through 3 interviews. One, on the phone with the HR Lead; one with a Store Manager; and one with the District Manager. They will mostly ask you your past experiences in the work force and why you made the decision to want to work with BBBY.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Same "by the book" new hire interview questions.   Answer Question
    They are pretty stern on the offer given out.

Department Manager Interview

Interview with recruiter, interview with district manager.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Easy interview... 1 interview with a manager and then another with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions. These days, they will hire anyone. They used to be more selective in the process.   Answer Question
    We negotiated at the starting pay based on a promise to me that my job was a full time position with room to advance and that after the typical 3 month time period and training, we would re-negotiate. This never happened.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question
    Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2014.

I applied on snagajob.com and heard back within two weeks. I was called for an interview, went in two days later, he asked me to show up early to fill out a paper application. Then a manager met with me, we talked for about 15minutes about my previous positions and what this position would entail. Then he told me that he would get back to me when the store manager was available to interview me. The few questions he asked were normal, like why do you want to work here, what did you do at (a previous job), and if I had any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an irritated customer?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Fortunately for new employees, this place is using a Temp Agency.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when your integrity has been called into question and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    I named my salary, and after 3 days they met it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

i didnt interview. they called me asking for my talent