Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.1

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Very easy interview, common work experience questions. There mainly grading on personality and past experience. Always put the customer first what there looking for. Very easy-going and comfortable to be around.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question I always get is name your weaknesses was only one I joked out of.   Answer Question
    Was a supervisor in the past and was taking on a lower title so they did offer me a dollar more with less responsibility.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

It was short and simple. They weren't all that engaging and gave no indication of whether or not my answers suited their needs. It was a pleasant interview, but they gave no information about the company. Seeing as they don't advertise anything, it's hard to get a clear picture of the objective of the company.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Everyone is hired in as an assistant manager with a certain career path in mind. Even if you are applying for a "Store Manager" position you start as an assistant and just go through a faster "training" period. The interview process is long. Be prepared for a month long interview process.

Interview Questions
    Feel free to negotiate. If you have the experience, they will pay for it.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Was invited to job fair by regional HR and was interviewed by HR and District Manager at job fair. Was asked to meet for a follow up interview with another District manager about a week later. After that, the HR manager asked for me to meet with the Regional HR Manager for yet another interview about a week later. THen, asked to meet and interview with Regional President. All interviews went extremely well, I was in constant contact with HR rep, but after being told by RP that I would hear something within two days, I was put off over and over again, passed up another job opportunity and after over 2 weeks, I was told they had decided not to bring on any new manager's at this time.
    The whole process was unprofessional and much work on my part with minimal to no follow up on their end. Never met a deadline they set and very much led me on thinking I had the job and was simply meeting requirements of meeting with layers of management for interviews. The process took nearly 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were very simple for any seasoned manager.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

The interview was done entirely in-store. I had to fill out a paper application and then make an appointment for an interview. I spoke with two managers. They asked basic questions about my interest in the company and customer service, and my willingness and ability to perform daily duties like climbing ladders, being on my feet, etc. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    I was given what I thought was a fair offer. I later found out that they are very willing to negotiate, especially if you have a competitive offer from another retailer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

the application can be filled online or in store, preferably in-store is better than online and most of the time you may get on the spot interview if the Manager is around and they are hiring. be prepare to talk about your experience if you apply in store and they are hiring.only full time job get benefits, the rest are just base pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a type when you had to go above and beyond your job specification to help a customer?   Answer Question
    ask 15% higher and you will more likely get 10% more.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Walk-in applicant. Met the managers and filled out the application. We set up an interview for the following week. They asked me why I wanted to work there and what I think I would gain from working there.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself." It's so simple and I considered every question I thought they would ask, but didn't think of a answer to this one.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2014.

I applied online on snagajob.com. I was called a few days later to come in and fill out a paper application which was pretty standard. Brief work history, education, availability, etc. Immediately afterwards they asked me to wait while they got someone to interview me. She talked a little bit about the company and asked about my work history. Then I was asked to wait while they got a second person to interview me. I was asked the same questions. They called my references about 10 minutes after I left and I got an offer right after that.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked anything difficult. What did customer service mean to me, what I knew about the company etc.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was told the pay and that everyone starts off part time.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I had submitted my resume through a contact at the company. It was given to HR, who called my cell phone. After an initial discussion about the position, work load and department availabilities, we scheduled a formal interview.

After surviving the drive on the Garden State Pkwy, I went to the sign-in desk and went the interview room. I met with the HR people I talked to on the phone and answered some base questions about myself, my work experience, school, etc. After that, I met with one set of department representatives. This part was very informal. We discussed the work their dept does and some mutual interests. They were very kind and silly.

Then I met with another person from another dept. She was very interested in my school work and interests. I ended up saying I'd like to work for either department. Then they said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks.

I got a phone call from them a week and a half later and accepted the job. They roll interns in during a three week period. And then you stop in a similar manner. I started the second week and met an intern in my dept who started a week earlier. Another intern in our dept started a week after. It was an interesting experience. I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your major [marketing] and not your interest [visual arts]?   View Answer
    As an intern with little experience, I wasn't really in a position to negotiate. My last job was minimum wage ($7.25/hr). They offered me $10. I had put "negotiable" on the application. I jumped at the opportunity. They also had perks, like 20% store discounts at them and concept branches (Christmas Tree Shoppes, Harmon, BuyBuyBaby, etc.) They also have an Incentives program where you can purchase featured items each month at a severely reduced price (about half price)! You just have to attend a presentation on the product. This helps you get first hand experience with the items you sell and you can recommend them to the customer too.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Easy, two in person interviews which he read off flash cards

Interview Questions
    • whats your biggest weakness? *everyones dreaded question"   View Answer