Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First interview was with the HR manager for the district. Second interview was with the District manager. Conversations center on your ability to think on your feet, and guest service. They are a very decentralized company, managers are expected to make decisions on there own using there experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company? Important to do your research, conveys your passion, and commitment.   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

So I was really excited to go on this interview with Bed Bath & Beyond. I completely dedicated a work day of 8 hours of 7 people interviewing me. After I completed the interviews, HR said they will let me know within a week. He ensured me that he will contact me regardless of the outcome and provide me feedback. After 2 weeks I had sent a follow up email, no answer. 3 more days I had called and left a message. (while I can see the actual HR recruiter active on linked in- I know he is clearly near a computer.)

Overall- I felt like they were extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. 1 star

Front End Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I had to literally do 3 interviews for an eight dollar per hour starting position for the job. I should have known the position's work would far exceed what was actually compensated for based on the number of interviews I went through. It's ok as starting job but moving up in the company is sheer luck.

Interview Questions

• My most unexpected question was what would I say to the customer who wanted to buy a horse.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$8.00 is the most they will start out at. I requested $7.75 but my reference was so good that they started me out at 8 no questions asked.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Took about two months from first phone call to hear back. Then it took another two months to get an in person interview. But once they decided I was given one weeks notice of the date Both in person interviews were all day and nobody thought to offer lunch.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work a regular eight hour day?   1 Answer

Get everything up front and in writing. everything was great until the offer. At that point they really nickled and dimed me. No bonus structure but some stock that nobody could really explain. Relocation package was not good. Moving would have cost me money. From talking to potential peers I got the impression that they micromanage everything from work hours to lunch items.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2015.

Interview

I was told about the company and asked about my experience. There was more talking about the company than there was time for me to talk about my experience or why I wanted the job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Savannah, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews are done by District Mgr and you cover a lot of what you can do for them, but there is a lot of ideas of what company will do but don't expect it to happen.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Intern Interview

Interview

Got referred by a neighbor. The process took a while because they were figuring out how many interns they could hire.I came in and interviewed with 3 different departments, about 20 minutes each. In between the hiring manager would come in and check on me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions- strengths, weaknesses, why you   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Port Chester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with a very nice, short man. It went well, he set me up with a second interview with another manager at the store for another day. I think it was about three days away. When I came to the second interview I was only there for like two minutes. He asked me three questions while flipping threw papers on his desk and sent me on my way. I don't know what I did wrong...

Interview Questions

• What is something your trying to change about yourself?   Answer Question