Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Poorly structured interview process. Had two interviews with different human resources individuals. It took about 10 days to obtain feedback from HR. Overall the interviewers have no clue about real interviewing. They are accustomed to intearct with high school graduates, with a real low intellect. The low bar extends across the hiring process, retail operation, retail management, etc. Bed Bath and Beyond's compensation is very low. Barely above minimum wage. One positive thing about my experience at BBB was the orientation training, which took two weeks full of real life scenarios and transactions at the cash register.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2015.

Interview

I was told about the company and asked about my experience. There was more talking about the company than there was time for me to talk about my experience or why I wanted the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Intern Interview

Interview

Got referred by a neighbor. The process took a while because they were figuring out how many interns they could hire.I came in and interviewed with 3 different departments, about 20 minutes each. In between the hiring manager would come in and check on me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions- strengths, weaknesses, why you   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Filled out application. Received a call back in a day or two for interview. Met with operations manager and I was clearly over dressed. Appointment for 2nd interview for next day. Met with store manager and was offered position.

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Port Chester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with a very nice, short man. It went well, he set me up with a second interview with another manager at the store for another day. I think it was about three days away. When I came to the second interview I was only there for like two minutes. He asked me three questions while flipping threw papers on his desk and sent me on my way. I don't know what I did wrong...

Interview Questions

• What is something your trying to change about yourself?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight to the point. The manager was very friendly and the interview became more conversation style. The managers mainly want to know that you have flexible availability above anything else. The interview was conducted in the bridal room and the mod was very busy handling an interview and the front end. However, it went very well. The second interview was more of a confirmation to everything you said the first time. There weren't really any new questions.

Interview Questions

• What would I be able to contribute to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied right before the holiday season, when they were looking to hire quickly. Filled out an application in store, spoke with one of the managers and had a call back from them within the week. Went for the initial interview, and was interviewed by the operations manager and then the store manager. Was offered the job at the end of the same day!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you went beyond your employer's expectations?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Very basic, applied online received an email from the HR manager. Then spent a few days tracking her down. I had a phone interview then met with the DM then the RM. Was told they would make a decision the same day. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them the salary I wanted and they agreed.

Soft Side Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I turned in an application and got a call back about two weeks later. The interview was very laid back and to the point. I was asked a variety of questions by the first manager. A second manager came in and asked me to sell a sharpie marker to him. I was offered a job before I left the interview.