Bed Bath & Beyond

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR rep. and the district manager. Normal situational/behavioral questions

Interview Question – What is your area of opportunity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The district manager negotiated with me and was very accommodating.

Associate/Cashier Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went in to get an application, turned it in a couple days later and I had a small interview on the spot to go over my availability. She told me they do call backs on Fridays so they can call your references and past employers. The hiring manager actually called me on Saturday to schedule a formal interview a couple days later. The interview was very simple. He talked to me about what kind of training they do and how the store is ran. Then he asked me a couple of easy questions. After that he offered me the position right there!

Sales Associate
Orange Park, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2009.

Interview Details – Talk to the Manager and come in before 10:30 since their busiest time is around noon. Be dressed nice, Tell them YOUR story and why they should hire you. Good Luck!

Interview Question – What qualifications do you possess to be the correct person for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just one phone call, lasted 5 minutes.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Applied on line and sent resume directy to store on July 17. HR called around 12pm on August 23 and left a message on my machine. The message said for me to call back before 3pm OR the following Monday to schedule an interview. I called first thing on Monday and was told all interview slots were full and they would have to call me back for another day & time! 7 days later...still havent heard from them. Moving on...not the kind of company I want to work for if they cant even follow through on interviews.

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Interview went very well, I first interviewed with the operations manager and then the store manager. I heard back a few weeks later with an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult it was basically all the basic interview questions you'd expect. Tell me about yourself, describe yourself in 3 words, education, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Had initial screening interview with HR Senior Recruiter - interview was conducted over the telephone. It was a very positive conversation and we discussed my project background, my current salary and requirements, this position and opportunities within the company's divisions. I hope to be called back for a second interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Department Head/HBC Associate Interview

Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was original brought in for a department head position, was told that I was a good candidate.

Interview Question – If I called your previous employer, what would they say your biggest fault was.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview with the HR person. The questions were very pedestrian and did not invite for any real reflection from me.Job specifics such as number of hours, pay and benefits were only discussed after I broached the subject.

Interview Question – What would distinguish me from the other applicants? This question seldom allows for the interviewed person to showcase specific talents as it is too generic.   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Interview Process was simple. 1 interview and asked about my background skills and experience.

Interview Question – Describe your experience at x company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Sales Associate
Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process didn't take long at all. I was asked a few questions, and called right back to interview with store manager. Both store manager and manager were friendly, I knew I would like the job from the interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond