Bed Bath & Beyond Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was fair. Interviewed with a store manager and human resource manager. The company select one of their long term store managers to do an interview and HR will do an extensive interview. The interview does not prepare you for the actual on the job experience. It only highlight the company core values.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Des Moines, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied to a position online, and was contacted within a short amount of time (within an hour) by the district HR manager and asked if I would be open to relocation, since that is what they are really looking for. I told her that I would consider it in the future. She stated that she'd like to set up a phone interview with me since the position I applied for was in Sioux Falls and she was located in Des Moines (district office). I informed her that I was going to be in the area since my parents live in Des Moines and I would be available to do it in person if she prefferred. Showed up for the interview (at a store), was escorted upstairs to the office. DHRM was dressed in jeans and a nice sweater. Filled out a paper application, and was asked a bunch of questions about my background, experience, etc. I also interviewed with the District Manager following a short 20 minute conversation with the DHRM. DM was wearing a nice shirt and blue jeans. We had a short 30 minute conversation, same questions as with the previous interview, then was told a little more about the position (50 hour work weeks, etc.). I was told at the end that there weren't any positions available for the area that I applied for, but since I stated I'm relocatable, he would be willing to put me in the store where I live, train me, then transfer me to another location once my training is completed. Was told I'd have gotten the job if positions were available, but he wants me to meet with the store manager first. Said he saw a lot of potential and thinks I'd be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are some reasons you haven't gotten promoted in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see your career going? Where do you want to go?   Answer Question
    • Take me through a "typical" day at your current job.   Answer Question