Bed Bath & Beyond Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I first interviewed via phone with HR, then had multiple in-person interviews (over a couple of weeks). The people were great and I could have seen myself working with them, the facilities were nice but modest. The whole process from start to finish took nearly 3 months.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, what type of work you enjoy doing, how you interact cross-functionally.   Answer Question

The final offer was not competitive. The benefits were terrible (no 401k contribution allowed for first year, major dental available after 1 year, only 6 holidays, PTO is nearly nonexistent and there is no option to work from home, no bonus and very limited stock incentives). It is unfortunate that the corporate benefits are so tied to their retail stores as they are falling significantly short in contrast to the rest of corporate America. Would have loved to join the team, but couldn't justify essentially breaking even.

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on a job website, received a short phone interview and then an actual interview with the HR Hiring Manager. The HR Hiring Manager seemed pleasant enough. Not many questions from her end. I learned that all outside Manager hires start as Dept. Managers. All Managers are required to work 48 hours with 45 minute lunches. Which is why the salary range seemed high on these websites. Benefits do not start for 90 days which seems out of date in these times. Schedule requirements seemed silly as well. You do not receive two days off in a row. They do not want managers to leave if there are customers needing help. Is that not why you have associates? I do not know any managers that just get up and leave in the middle of assisting people. This seems like a company that does not offer a good work life balance. Now I did not ask these questions she offered them to me to see if I was still interested. I said I was because I do understand that retail management is a time consuming role. And I do need a job. The interview lasted only 30 minutes so I was fairly sure it was not a good sign. I did not get a lot of questions based on my experience(which is extensive). She seemed nice on the phone but really seemed to be trying to scare me away in the interview. Maybe she had formed her opinion quickly. I was the first interview of the day. I emailed her a thank you a few days later to follow up but did not get a response. I find that to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions. Mostly questions based on if I would be willing to have no life and work all the time. I can see now this would definitely be a quick burn job which seems why they always have openings.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Fortunately for new employees, this place is using a Temp Agency.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when your integrity has been called into question and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I named my salary, and after 3 days they met it.

Manager Interview

Interview

They post for positions they aren't hiring for

Pay

Manager Interview

Interview

Nice interview process. Easy

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very short - recruiter didn't seem to be engaged; asked 1 or 2 questions

Hours are for Doctors- 6-4 and 1-12

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Memphis, TN) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Store manager first to describe your work history and what you would bring to the team. This is where you would sell your success at past employers and what you strive to achieve with the company. Second interview was with the District Manager where you express what you want to bring to the company and where your passion lies.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company that you wish you could have taken to your previous employer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2008.

Interview

very boring, loved getting interviewed by a person with 10% of the retail knowledge I have