Bed Bath & Beyond Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Everyone is hired in as an assistant manager with a certain career path in mind. Even if you are applying for a "Store Manager" position you start as an assistant and just go through a faster "training" period. The interview process is long. Be prepared for a month long interview process.

Interview Questions
Feel free to negotiate. If you have the experience, they will pay for it.

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2010.

I met with the Distric Manager first. She asked me for my responsibilities at my current job. What type of new skills I acquired at that position. What type of skillshave I developed and implemented? What type of motivations we use to increment productivity in employees. What types of barriers have I faced and how I overcome those types of barriers. Budgeting challenges and employees request, hiring process, organizing database, and training process.

Interview Questions
    • Types about software, server and telecomunications in the company that I work for.   View Answer
    • Critical thinking problems   View Answer

Because the pay was lower than I was making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2009.

The culture is open and relaxed, but they will seriously challenge you in the interview to understand whether or not you will understand the job and represent them in a positive light. Professional references absolutely played a crucial role in my landing this job. They brought up several times what wonderful things my former employers said about me and it seemed to weigh heavily in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find challenging or what do you need help with?   Answer Question
    Yes, overshoot your price and let them bring you down a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2008.

District Manager was clueless on his questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary up 5000.00 by telling them I had another offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Went to a job fair and interviewed with 2 high level associates over almost 3 hours. Was told that they would be in tough the next day with an appointment with a superior. I was never contacted again and my emails went un answered