Bed Bath & Beyond Operations Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Everyone is hired in as an assistant manager with a certain career path in mind. Even if you are applying for a "Store Manager" position you start as an assistant and just go through a faster "training" period. The interview process is long. Be prepared for a month long interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Feel free to negotiate. If you have the experience, they will pay for it.

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Tustin, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I met with the Distric Manager first. She asked me for my responsibilities at my current job. What type of new skills I acquired at that position. What type of skillshave I developed and implemented? What type of motivations we use to increment productivity in employees. What types of barriers have I faced and how I overcome those types of barriers. Budgeting challenges and employees request, hiring process, organizing database, and training process.

Interview Questions

• Types about software, server and telecomunications in the company that I work for.   1 Answer
    • Critical thinking problems   1 Answer

Because the pay was lower than I was making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Louisville, KY) in February 2009.

Interview

The culture is open and relaxed, but they will seriously challenge you in the interview to understand whether or not you will understand the job and represent them in a positive light. Professional references absolutely played a crucial role in my landing this job. They brought up several times what wonderful things my former employers said about me and it seemed to weigh heavily in my favor.

Interview Questions

• What do you find challenging or what do you need help with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, overshoot your price and let them bring you down a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Midvale, UT) in June 2008.

Interview

District Manager was clueless on his questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite kind of car?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary up 5000.00 by telling them I had another offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair and interviewed with 2 high level associates over almost 3 hours. Was told that they would be in tough the next day with an appointment with a superior. I was never contacted again and my emails went un answered