Bed Bath & Beyond

Updated May 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Everyone is hired in as an assistant manager with a certain career path in mind. Even if you are applying for a "Store Manager" position you start as an assistant and just go through a faster "training" period. The interview process is long. Be prepared for a month long interview process.

Interview Question – Are you relocatable?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Feel free to negotiate. If you have the experience, they will pay for it.

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2009.

Interview Details – The culture is open and relaxed, but they will seriously challenge you in the interview to understand whether or not you will understand the job and represent them in a positive light. Professional references absolutely played a crucial role in my landing this job. They brought up several times what wonderful things my former employers said about me and it seemed to weigh heavily in my favor.

Interview Question – What do you find challenging or what do you need help with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, overshoot your price and let them bring you down a bit.

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Went to a job fair and interviewed with 2 high level associates over almost 3 hours. Was told that they would be in tough the next day with an appointment with a superior. I was never contacted again and my emails went un answered

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Midvale, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2008.

Interview Details – District Manager was clueless on his questions.

Interview Question – What was my favorite kind of car?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary up 5000.00 by telling them I had another offer.

Tustin, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the Distric Manager first. She asked me for my responsibilities at my current job. What type of new skills I acquired at that position. What type of skillshave I developed and implemented? What type of motivations we use to increment productivity in employees. What types of barriers have I faced and how I overcome those types of barriers. Budgeting challenges and employees request, hiring process, organizing database, and training process.

Interview Questions

• Types about software, server and telecomunications in the company that I work for.   View Answer
  • Critical thinking problems   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because the pay was lower than I was making.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!