Bed Bath & Beyond

2.0

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY
Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

So after going into the store and filling out a paper application (I also included my own resume attached) I waited a few days to see if they'd reach out. Based on my interactions with the employees and the stack of blank applications they had sitting by the entrance, it was pretty apparent that they were in need of hiring some new staff.

I called back after about a week and was told that the manager was unavailable but to call back later on to schedule an interview. I called back 2 days later and scheduled my interview for a Saturday morning. I dressed in business casual attire and was very professional throughout. Upon entering the store and indicating that I was there for an interview, I was told the manager wasn't in yet but if I was available to come back in at 2PM there was a chance she could squeeze me in for an interview.

At this point, I was annoyed because I had already canceled plans I had for the day for this first interview and now had to delay my day more for it again.

I show up at 2PM only to find out the manager never showed (or at least that's what I was told). No one even had the decency to call me on the number listed on my application to let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled for a 2nd time. I left visibly annoyed with no intentions of rescheduling.

A few days later I get a call from what is allegedly the manager apologizing for the confusion and asking if I could come in on a Thursday ( I am a student and had to skip class) for an interview. I agree and show up at the date and time selected by the manager. I waited for about 25 minutes before I was finally taken to the back offices. My interview was conducted standing up by a copy machine and lasted about 10 minutes.

I left under the impression that while I nailed my interview and probably exceeded the expectations of what they were expecting of a young person applying for a retail position, there was absolutely no way I was getting hired.

I was correct. I never received a phone call email or any communication from the store manager or any associates again.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this job?
    Do you have previous retail experience?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Sales Associate Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2014.

I went in to the store, which had large signs about hiring for the past several months, and grabbed an application. The woman at the counter said when I brought it back to ask for the manager on duty. When I brought it back I was briefly talked to about availability etc. Then I got a call for a more formal meeting. That was pretty quick- 20 mins, and standard questions. I wasn't sure about the interview, but later that day the manager called and said I had the job as part-time sales associate.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You get paid what you get paid.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Visited a local BB&B for the first time to buy some kitchenware, and saw a stack of applications at the front entrance. Had been thinking of getting a part-job, preferably overnight hours. The whole store is a mess so I figured it wouldn't have terribly crazy standards and a time-consuming hiring process like at Target. I filled out the two-page application (they were xerox'ed copies) in my car in the parking lot. Got a call about one week later to come in for an interview Friday afternoon of that week. Arrived that day and waited 15 minutes on the middle of the floor, until the manager came out and took me upstairs -- yes, upstairs along a tiny staircase in the corner of the warehouse -- to where his "office" was. And what an office it was. It looked like it had hurricane had hit it. I sensed the shambolic environment, which surprised me for a brand like BB&B. It was worse than someplace I'd expect like K-Mart. The manager was cordial, asked me the basic rudimentary questions, and 15 minutes later it was all over and I left his warzone -- I mean, office.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work at Bed Bath & Beyond, specifically?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview is pretty relaxed and easy, I had two interviews. The first interview was with a manager he just went over my application and asked what I did at my preview jobs and went over the company policies. The second interview was with another manager and he just asked what i did at my previous job and why did i want to work there, easy and simple.

None, i accepted the salary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Walk-in applicant. Met the managers and filled out the application. We set up an interview for the following week. They asked me why I wanted to work there and what I think I would gain from working there.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself." It's so simple and I considered every question I thought they would ask, but didn't think of a answer to this one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

i didnt interview. they called me asking for my talent

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I applied and a week later I was called and verbally offered a $8/hr salary, and asked if I could come in for training a few days later--no interview. The application was standard, nothing out of the ordinary. I later heard they unexpectedly lost a few employees and we in dire need of new hires. Myself and two other employees were hired without an interview (myself) or after just one (the two others) interview. There are usually two, or even three interviews. If you don't get a call back after the first one, the manager didn't like your hours probably.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2014.

interview was really easy, no super hard questions, no drug test, they mainly only cared about how i felt with climbing ladders which i was kinda scared at first but within a week it was not a big deal. they asked where i went to school, what i did on weekends, and wanted me to assure them i was reliable and honest. i had a second interview immediately after with the senior manager and she just explained my duties and what i was expected to do. i started within the following 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who you particularly didnt like and what did you do?   View Answer