Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

2 Interviews, it was really chill and relaxed. It was my first time going for an interview and I did pretty well. The managers interviewed me and were really friendly. They listed requirements and asked if I could fulfill them, lifting over 40pds, working late nights, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me the general intervew questions. Then we scheduled a face to face interview. It lasted about an hour. It was a standard retail interview. There was a short video and a question and answer after it. Then there was yet another interview! Then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Marina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Marina, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

One on one general questionsasked questions on jb history. Why I would like to be employed their,Where I see myself in five years. I asked about benefits and job security.

Interview Questions

• Gaps in unemployment, experience in retail   1 Answer
    • I felt the interview went well,I felt a little nervous, not sure how to answer back ground check.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Webster, NY).

Interview

So after going into the store and filling out a paper application (I also included my own resume attached) I waited a few days to see if they'd reach out. Based on my interactions with the employees and the stack of blank applications they had sitting by the entrance, it was pretty apparent that they were in need of hiring some new staff.

I called back after about a week and was told that the manager was unavailable but to call back later on to schedule an interview. I called back 2 days later and scheduled my interview for a Saturday morning. I dressed in business casual attire and was very professional throughout. Upon entering the store and indicating that I was there for an interview, I was told the manager wasn't in yet but if I was available to come back in at 2PM there was a chance she could squeeze me in for an interview.

At this point, I was annoyed because I had already canceled plans I had for the day for this first interview and now had to delay my day more for it again.

I show up at 2PM only to find out the manager never showed (or at least that's what I was told). No one even had the decency to call me on the number listed on my application to let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled for a 2nd time. I left visibly annoyed with no intentions of rescheduling.

A few days later I get a call from what is allegedly the manager apologizing for the confusion and asking if I could come in on a Thursday ( I am a student and had to skip class) for an interview. I agree and show up at the date and time selected by the manager. I waited for about 25 minutes before I was finally taken to the back offices. My interview was conducted standing up by a copy machine and lasted about 10 minutes.

I left under the impression that while I nailed my interview and probably exceeded the expectations of what they were expecting of a young person applying for a retail position, there was absolutely no way I was getting hired.

I was correct. I never received a phone call email or any communication from the store manager or any associates again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Do you have previous retail experience?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Rockville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

2 intervies. One with a key holder and the other with the store manager. They try and tell you things that make the store attractive and why one should join. Anything to lure you in.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and simple nothing too complicated general background, showed up business casual interviews and hired on the spot with a few others, no reference or background check, a week or so training on procedures and products and another week floor training

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Port Chester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with a very nice, short man. It went well, he set me up with a second interview with another manager at the store for another day. I think it was about three days away. When I came to the second interview I was only there for like two minutes. He asked me three questions while flipping threw papers on his desk and sent me on my way. I don't know what I did wrong...

Interview Questions

• What is something your trying to change about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2014.

Interview

I went in to the store, which had large signs about hiring for the past several months, and grabbed an application. The woman at the counter said when I brought it back to ask for the manager on duty. When I brought it back I was briefly talked to about availability etc. Then I got a call for a more formal meeting. That was pretty quick- 20 mins, and standard questions. I wasn't sure about the interview, but later that day the manager called and said I had the job as part-time sales associate.

Interview Questions

• What are you future job/career plans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid what you get paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy and comfortable environment. There were 3 interviews with 3 different. 2 interviews were on the same day & place. Each interview was about 15 minutes. Was interviewed by the HR managers & after that was sent to the store they wanted me at and interviewed by the store manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.