Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

64 interviews

2.1

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I went in to the customer service desk where I waited for the interviewer. After waiting for awhile I was told I could wait at the wedding consultant desk, which is where I was interviewed when the interviewer was ready. It was a little noisy since we were out in the store and right by the cash registers and doors.

Interview Questions
  • Think of something you have bought recently, and tell me why I should buy one.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2013.

I received a phone call from a shift operating manager who said he wanted me to come in for an interview.
    I went on the interview only to find another person there with me. The interview was good it only lasted for 30 minutes. I was hired for the job!

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions was, "Could I work weekends."   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate a proper time to work. The retail industry requires that you work on weekends including Sundays!

Anonymous Employee  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Visited a local BB&B for the first time to buy some kitchenware, and saw a stack of applications at the front entrance. Had been thinking of getting a part-job, preferably overnight hours. The whole store is a mess so I figured it wouldn't have terribly crazy standards and a time-consuming hiring process like at Target. I filled out the two-page application (they were xerox'ed copies) in my car in the parking lot. Got a call about one week later to come in for an interview Friday afternoon of that week. Arrived that day and waited 15 minutes on the middle of the floor, until the manager came out and took me upstairs -- yes, upstairs along a tiny staircase in the corner of the warehouse -- to where his "office" was. And what an office it was. It looked like it had hurricane had hit it. I sensed the shambolic environment, which surprised me for a brand like BB&B. It was worse than someplace I'd expect like K-Mart. The manager was cordial, asked me the basic rudimentary questions, and 15 minutes later it was all over and I left his warzone -- I mean, office.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work at Bed Bath & Beyond, specifically?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview is pretty relaxed and easy, I had two interviews. The first interview was with a manager he just went over my application and asked what I did at my preview jobs and went over the company policies. The second interview was with another manager and he just asked what i did at my previous job and why did i want to work there, easy and simple.

None, i accepted the salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2010.

Walked in and asked Customer Service if I could speak to the store manager. They handed me an application that I filled out and returned to them. I received a call within a few days for an interview. Met one on one with the store manager who was very professional. Quick hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • A question or two that were retail-related. As this was my first retail position, I answered to the best of my abilities. Still got hired.   Answer Question
    It was just a part-time for me. There wasn't any room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2014.

interview was really easy, no super hard questions, no drug test, they mainly only cared about how i felt with climbing ladders which i was kinda scared at first but within a week it was not a big deal. they asked where i went to school, what i did on weekends, and wanted me to assure them i was reliable and honest. i had a second interview immediately after with the senior manager and she just explained my duties and what i was expected to do. i started within the following 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who you particularly didnt like and what did you do?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Walk-in applicant. Met the managers and filled out the application. We set up an interview for the following week. They asked me why I wanted to work there and what I think I would gain from working there.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself." It's so simple and I considered every question I thought they would ask, but didn't think of a answer to this one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

I had two interviews with the same manager, and I thought he gave a good first impression. The office was small, clean, and orderly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was there is a customer with an item with out a price and they are impatient about waiting for a price check.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2011.

Easy interview basic customer service questions based on how to respond to customer X when they have certain issues.

Interview Questions
    • If a co-worker would steal what options do you have?   View Answer

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!