Bed Bath & Beyond

56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2011.

Interview Details – Easy interview basic customer service questions based on how to respond to customer X when they have certain issues.

Interview Question – If a co-worker would steal what options do you have?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – i didnt interview. they called me asking for my talent

Interview Question – when can you start   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – I applied and a week later I was called and verbally offered a $8/hr salary, and asked if I could come in for training a few days later--no interview. The application was standard, nothing out of the ordinary. I later heard they unexpectedly lost a few employees and we in dire need of new hires. Myself and two other employees were hired without an interview (myself) or after just one (the two others) interview. There are usually two, or even three interviews. If you don't get a call back after the first one, the manager didn't like your hours probably.

Estero, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, the first done immediately when handing in application. Performed by a department manager. They ensure app is filled out in its entirety ask about availability, why your seeking employment with BBB, why you left your last job, and are you afraid of ladders. If they like you they pass the application to the operations or store manager who calls you in for the second interview and ask all the same questions all over again.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cary, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2013.

Interview Details – They only accept physical paper applications, so dress well when you show up and ask for one and when you turn it in as well. I received a call a few weeks after I turned my application in and scheduled an immediate interview with a department manager ("hardside" specifically). I had the interview face to face soon after. I was told that I was supposed to meet another department and then building managers, but that particular manager decided to pass me through since I did well enough. I was called within the week by the building manager who then proposed to hire me at his maximum: 9.50/hour.

Interview Question – How many of our products do you own and use? What do you like about them? What don't you like about them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The building manager simply said he was willing to offer me the store hourly maximum of 9.50/hour. Take it for leave it.

Sales Associate

Interview Details – Simple questions..make sure you are focused on customer service.

Interview Question – How do you feel you are going to help our company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2011.

Interview Details – They explained how they need associates who can climb ladders and be a cashier, be outgoing, willing to learn new things.

Interview Question – Are you prepared to be in a shark tank by fulfilling difficult customers needs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2011.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to them via snagajob. They called me in to interview a week later. Dress business casual. Had to fill out an application at customer service. First I interviewed with an assistant manager. She asked about my work history and the usual behavioral questions. I did well so she left and came back with the department manager I would be working with. He asked me a couple questions about how my experience is relative to the job. After this, he explained the job and the company. We had a good conversation. It was very laid-back and he seemed intent on hiring me. I didn't get hired on the spot though. They had to check my references first. One of my friends called to tell me they contacted her a few days later. About a week after the interview the assistant manager called to offer the job to me and asked if I could come in the same day. It was the first time I have ever been called back when not getting hired on the spot, so don't get discouraged if this happens to you. After working there for a couple years, I found out that the turnover rate is so high they will hire anyone that is not too weird. On the other hand, the better dressed and more professional the applicants are, the less chances they seem to get hired; but, this is likely because they can't negotiate a decent wage.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay was $8/hr. back in 2011.

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process includes stating why you would like to work for the company, what interests you most about retail, and where you see yourself in five years. It is a very relaxed interview and they would like your personality to come through in the process, aside from answering the questions correctly.

Interview Question – The question that asks what is the worst part of customers. It is difficult to answer since the retail business is mostly dealing with customers, so you have to be careful answering this question.   Answer Question

Orange Park, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2009.

Interview Details – Talk to the Manager and come in before 10:30 since their busiest time is around noon. Be dressed nice, Tell them YOUR story and why they should hire you. Good Luck!

Interview Question – What qualifications do you possess to be the correct person for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just one phone call, lasted 5 minutes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees and interview candidates.