Bed Bath & Beyond

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boca Raton, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Question – Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – When someone brings in an application a manager is paged to come upfront to meet and greet. At this time the manager is to spend 5 to 10 minutes walking and talking with this person. This process is not an interview. Then if that manager liked what they went over then it would be passed on to a second manager usually the store manager. The meet and greets can be as high as 2 a day or 20 a day just depends. Then the store manager will call in the ones that where passed along as good ones to look at.

Interview Question – There is usually a list of questions that are asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time was offer a little higher then what I wanted for a minimum pay. Things are a little different these days.

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out paper application in store. Phone interview with District HR, followed by interview at store with DM. Offer made fairly quick.

Interview Question – A pretty easy interview really. Mostly questions about customer service culture, how many people you have managed, volume, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for all you can. BBBY does not give much of a raise. What you make starting out is pretty much all you will make.

Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details – Applied on line and sent resume directy to store on July 17. HR called around 12pm on August 23 and left a message on my machine. The message said for me to call back before 3pm OR the following Monday to schedule an interview. I called first thing on Monday and was told all interview slots were full and they would have to call me back for another day & time! 7 days later...still havent heard from them. Moving on...not the kind of company I want to work for if they cant even follow through on interviews.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume online. Received call from recruiter about one week later. Very brief phone interview asking about my experience and why I want to work for the company. I thought it went well especially since he said he'd like to set up an interview with a local Store Manager. A week later, I got a form letter stating that they did not want to move forward.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult employees?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Centerville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got there had a paper app thrown at me so I filled it out. Sat down with an H.R. hiring manager and was just told about the company was asked a few management questions was told that they start everyone at department manager level (which was a mislead from the email he sent me since he reached out to me, I never sent them my resume? So I was then asked what I thought I should be paid and if I would consider other markets than just the one I reside in and I said yes. He thn stated that he would get back with me in a week or so. I got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying that he wouldn't be able to extend an offer. It really seemed like a weird awkward interview, I left there not wanting the job anyway.

Interview Question – No tough quests at all.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details – Phone then face to face

Negotiation Details – Tarantino leave it

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an online ad for management candidates.HR did a great job 'selling' BB&B as only strong HR people can do. A week later: the District Manager was distracted perhaps as it was a Saturday. My follow up calls to HR were comical: no voice mail and poor telephone skills by the three stores I had to call.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2010.

Interview Details – interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Interview Question – What skills would you bring here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary too low.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2009.

Interview Details – They were really intrested in what you knew about the company and it history. They were key on work hours and if you were willing to logg in the hours that they expect management to put into the business. They will expect you to place business first and yourself second. All about BBB....

Interview Question – tell me what you know about BBB   Answer Question

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!