Bed Bath & Beyond Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Questions
  • Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question
Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

When someone brings in an application a manager is paged to come upfront to meet and greet. At this time the manager is to spend 5 to 10 minutes walking and talking with this person. This process is not an interview. Then if that manager liked what they went over then it would be passed on to a second manager usually the store manager. The meet and greets can be as high as 2 a day or 20 a day just depends. Then the store manager will call in the ones that where passed along as good ones to look at.

Interview Questions
    At the time was offer a little higher then what I wanted for a minimum pay. Things are a little different these days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2012.

Fill out paper application in store. Phone interview with District HR, followed by interview at store with DM. Offer made fairly quick.

Interview Questions
    • A pretty easy interview really. Mostly questions about customer service culture, how many people you have managed, volume, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiate for all you can. BBBY does not give much of a raise. What you make starting out is pretty much all you will make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Applied on line and sent resume directy to store on July 17. HR called around 12pm on August 23 and left a message on my machine. The message said for me to call back before 3pm OR the following Monday to schedule an interview. I called first thing on Monday and was told all interview slots were full and they would have to call me back for another day & time! 7 days later...still havent heard from them. Moving on...not the kind of company I want to work for if they cant even follow through on interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Submitted application and resume online. Received call from recruiter about one week later. Very brief phone interview asking about my experience and why I want to work for the company. I thought it went well especially since he said he'd like to set up an interview with a local Store Manager. A week later, I got a form letter stating that they did not want to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in February 2013.

Got there had a paper app thrown at me so I filled it out. Sat down with an H.R. hiring manager and was just told about the company was asked a few management questions was told that they start everyone at department manager level (which was a mislead from the email he sent me since he reached out to me, I never sent them my resume? So I was then asked what I thought I should be paid and if I would consider other markets than just the one I reside in and I said yes. He thn stated that he would get back with me in a week or so. I got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying that he wouldn't be able to extend an offer. It really seemed like a weird awkward interview, I left there not wanting the job anyway.

Phone then face to face

Tarantino leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2011.

I responded to an online ad for management candidates.HR did a great job 'selling' BB&B as only strong HR people can do. A week later: the District Manager was distracted perhaps as it was a Saturday. My follow up calls to HR were comical: no voice mail and poor telephone skills by the three stores I had to call.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2010.

interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Salary too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2009.

They were really intrested in what you knew about the company and it history. They were key on work hours and if you were willing to logg in the hours that they expect management to put into the business. They will expect you to place business first and yourself second. All about BBB....

Interview Questions

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!