Bed Bath & Beyond Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District HR Manager. It took about an hour with the application. I was asked about the previous experiences. We talked about the store management, the costumer service, cash handling and so on. I learned more information about the company, the culture. It was a pretty good interview, I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Questions

• Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

When someone brings in an application a manager is paged to come upfront to meet and greet. At this time the manager is to spend 5 to 10 minutes walking and talking with this person. This process is not an interview. Then if that manager liked what they went over then it would be passed on to a second manager usually the store manager. The meet and greets can be as high as 2 a day or 20 a day just depends. Then the store manager will call in the ones that where passed along as good ones to look at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the time was offer a little higher then what I wanted for a minimum pay. Things are a little different these days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Brandon, FL).

Interview

Applied on line and sent resume directy to store on July 17. HR called around 12pm on August 23 and left a message on my machine. The message said for me to call back before 3pm OR the following Monday to schedule an interview. I called first thing on Monday and was told all interview slots were full and they would have to call me back for another day & time! 7 days later...still havent heard from them. Moving on...not the kind of company I want to work for if they cant even follow through on interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Centerville, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Got there had a paper app thrown at me so I filled it out. Sat down with an H.R. hiring manager and was just told about the company was asked a few management questions was told that they start everyone at department manager level (which was a mislead from the email he sent me since he reached out to me, I never sent them my resume? So I was then asked what I thought I should be paid and if I would consider other markets than just the one I reside in and I said yes. He thn stated that he would get back with me in a week or so. I got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying that he wouldn't be able to extend an offer. It really seemed like a weird awkward interview, I left there not wanting the job anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Detroit, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Fill out paper application in store. Phone interview with District HR, followed by interview at store with DM. Offer made fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• A pretty easy interview really. Mostly questions about customer service culture, how many people you have managed, volume, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate for all you can. BBBY does not give much of a raise. What you make starting out is pretty much all you will make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online. Received call from recruiter about one week later. Very brief phone interview asking about my experience and why I want to work for the company. I thought it went well especially since he said he'd like to set up an interview with a local Store Manager. A week later, I got a form letter stating that they did not want to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I responded to an online ad for management candidates.HR did a great job 'selling' BB&B as only strong HR people can do. A week later: the District Manager was distracted perhaps as it was a Saturday. My follow up calls to HR were comical: no voice mail and poor telephone skills by the three stores I had to call.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Salary too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with District HR Manager that was not very friendly or professional. Poor follow-up and could not answer basic company questions.