Bedford, Freeman & Worth Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bedford, Freeman & Worth

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bedford, Freeman & Worth (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I found the listing through my university's job search and sent in my resume and coverletter and was called in for an interview a week or two later. My interviewer was 30 minutes late to the interview and didn't really ask me very many questions; he only talked about the position and the company. I guess my interaction was indication enough? I was then asked to submit writing samples, which I did, and was confirmed for the position a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward and easy - didn't actually ask that many questions of me except to ask about scheduling.   Answer Question

High School Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bedford, Freeman & Worth (Hamilton, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

I was called by the HR person and after a quick phone screen had an in person interview lined up for the next week. I arrived about 10 minutes before my interview was due to start and told the woman I was to meet was just wrapping up a meeting. When she came out to greet me she walked me to an office and told me her meeting was taking a bit longer than expected so I would talk to the woman who was leaving the position first to get a feel for the job. After about 20 minutes talking to the woman leaving she went to find the person who was supposed to be interviewing me, the meeting was still happening. Finally a few minutes later she came by to talk to me. The interview length was pretty average (once it started) and the questions were about what I was expecting. I couldn't really get a read on the HR woman, but she seemed nice enough, kept eye contact, asked follow questions to my answers and answered all my questions. As I was leaving I asked when I could expect to hear from her, she told me about the next steps and said I could expect hear from her by the end of the next week before handing me her card and telling me I could get in touch if I didn't heard from her. The end of the next week came and went with no word, so the following week I sent a quick email asking how the process was going and if there was anything I could do to help. Still nothing. I spoke to some people who interview and hire employees and they said it would be appropriate to call since I hadn't heard anything. I got an out of office message and left and short, polite voice mail. Still no contact. I know bad news is no fun to give, but I don't expect I will get every job I apply for, I expect to be rejected for some of them and frankly would rather have them call me and let me know if they say they will do that than have them ignore my follow up. I'd already figured out I didn't get the job before I saw the ad re-posted on their company job board. Telling someone you will contact them after an interview, encouraging follow up, and then ignoring them when they do follow up shows a real lack of professionalism in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty average for an entry level publishing position in my experience.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bedford, Freeman & Worth (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Editor contacted my college adviser for applicants. He put me in touch with the editor. HR then contacted me with interview request. Interviewed with two potential supervisors. Fairly informal and casual. After the interview they had me complete a test that is a task the the assistants do on the job. They ended up hiring someone in-house but recommended me to another hiring editor. I interview with both of those supervisors which was also informal and more of a getting to know you exercise. I did not have to repeat the test and they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Didn't try to trick you or ask behavioral type questions. Just wanted to get to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get what they pay entry level assistants which is significantly less than many other companies.