Beechcraft

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

Sourcing Buyer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Beechcraft.

I had 4 different interviews for my position at Beechcraft. Overall, it was an okay experience. I was dissatisfied with the fact that the job positing was for a senior buyer and I was hired as a level two sourcing buyer. I could not get a clear confirmation on my title until a month after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • This question was not only difficult to answer, but very strange. I was asked by a manager who is no longer with the company, "If I could have anything written on my epitaph, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Airframe Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft.

A recruiter initially called me and asked me a few questions about my resume and asked some basic questions. Then the group manager called for a formal phone interview. Then they called again and said they wanted to fly me out. Since I am originally from Atlanta, they flew me out the day before so I could see the area. For the interview, my manager and his manager took me out to lunch and we talked about various things. We discussed my previous experiences, motivations, what I like to do etc. Then we went back to the office and we discussed more about my resume and talked about the position and the company. The interview ended with a tour of the facilities. Then I flew back the next morning.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft.

Interviewed by engineering manager. Standard face to face.

Standard.

Airframe Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft in May 2013.

I started out as an intern student, interview is whole day process that first half is field trip, second half is interview with 3 different people. After graduation they hired me directly, no more interview. Get laid off after 5 months of internship and 13 months of direct employee

Interview Questions
    • general question about engineer interesting, goal in next 5 yrs   View Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Very long, little to no communication or updates on progress, even after interview and job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out. I got a copy of the typical interview questions that managers are supposed to ask before hand.   Answer Question

Project Manager - IT Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft in January 2013.

Very standard process; resume and online application. My interview was a series of one phone interview with the recruiter, a followup phone interview with the hiring manager, an in office group interview with the hiring manager and a peer, in house group interview with the CIO and another peer, then sit and wait. Stay on top of the contacting, they are not real proactive at keeping in touch.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion of the process, usefulness, and value of the [application] implementation at your [present/last] employer? Why?   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft in September 2012.

Was contact by a recruiter who wanted to have an exploratory conversation with me, as I was not actively looking for a job. I came on to campus and had a couple of panel interviews, but it was determined that the position that was available was probably lower than my skill level, so they invited me to come back and interview for a more senior position. Again, another panel interview with 10-15 questions that are typical of many interviews, although perhaps more specific to job skills and past experience that would contribute value to the open position. After this one, I was invited to have a meal with my would-be manager and his manager to get more acquainted with the position and the organization. Overall, everything felt very natural, like more of a long conversation than an interview. Each new interaction with the company gave me a more positive impression of the organization and its people. One of the biggest impressions was how friendly everyone was and how there was a good level of humor and interpersonal interaction during the interview, even among the interviewers on the panel.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions--I was both well-prepared and a good fit for my position, so nothing surprising. Asked technical questions about "total cost," skills with SAP, experience with supplier negotiation, etc.   Answer Question
    The recruiter called and asked for my salary range (between "slam dunk" and "would need to walk away"), as well as the additional parts of total compensation that were important to me. I was pretty transparent about my interests and where I was coming from, and the recruiter became my agent in negotiation. I was pleasantly surprised not only with how fluid that worked, but that overall it was a good offer that didn't take advantage of my transparency therein.

Warehouse Operations Management-Aerospace Logistics Services LLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Beechcraft in July 2012.

Hiring is through local placement firms like Adecco and LSI

Interview Questions
    • None, the placement firms were the only good part of the entire job experience.   Answer Question
    None. Flat rate hourly offer for position.

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft in April 2012.

Had 1st phone interview with HR, 2nd phone interview with the Department Manager. Both interviews went well. Third interview was with a group of (6). Panel interviews are always a challenge, but this one was especially so, since they seemed to be looking for "keywords" that matched their current myriad needs. As a consequence, I had to ask them to re-state their questions again and again. In a follow-up with the HR recruiter, I was advised that that particular group is notorious for dealing with candidates in that manner. She stated I would hear back, either way, within 10 days. I followed up the interview with a "Thank You" note to the deparment manager. Four weeks later, I've still not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to deal with opposing demands from several different internal customers, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beechcraft in January 2011.

Gave the interview, received positive feedback onsite, but cannot get a response to follow-up phone calls and emails. Very unprofessional. If they're not going to give an offer, they should just say so. If they'd like to string me along, just tell me they're continuing to look around but I'm still in the running. Just be honest.