Beechcraft Interview Questions in Wichita, KS

2.8

Airframe Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

I started out as an intern student, interview is whole day process that first half is field trip, second half is interview with 3 different people. After graduation they hired me directly, no more interview. Get laid off after 5 months of internship and 13 months of direct employee

Interview Questions

• general question about engineer interesting, goal in next 5 yrs   1 Answer

Senior Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Was contact by a recruiter who wanted to have an exploratory conversation with me, as I was not actively looking for a job. I came on to campus and had a couple of panel interviews, but it was determined that the position that was available was probably lower than my skill level, so they invited me to come back and interview for a more senior position. Again, another panel interview with 10-15 questions that are typical of many interviews, although perhaps more specific to job skills and past experience that would contribute value to the open position. After this one, I was invited to have a meal with my would-be manager and his manager to get more acquainted with the position and the organization. Overall, everything felt very natural, like more of a long conversation than an interview. Each new interaction with the company gave me a more positive impression of the organization and its people. One of the biggest impressions was how friendly everyone was and how there was a good level of humor and interpersonal interaction during the interview, even among the interviewers on the panel.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions--I was both well-prepared and a good fit for my position, so nothing surprising. Asked technical questions about "total cost," skills with SAP, experience with supplier negotiation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and asked for my salary range (between "slam dunk" and "would need to walk away"), as well as the additional parts of total compensation that were important to me. I was pretty transparent about my interests and where I was coming from, and the recruiter became my agent in negotiation. I was pleasantly surprised not only with how fluid that worked, but that overall it was a good offer that didn't take advantage of my transparency therein.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring is through local placement firms like Adecco and LSI

Interview Questions

• None, the placement firms were the only good part of the entire job experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Flat rate hourly offer for position.

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

Had 1st phone interview with HR, 2nd phone interview with the Department Manager. Both interviews went well. Third interview was with a group of (6). Panel interviews are always a challenge, but this one was especially so, since they seemed to be looking for "keywords" that matched their current myriad needs. As a consequence, I had to ask them to re-state their questions again and again. In a follow-up with the HR recruiter, I was advised that that particular group is notorious for dealing with candidates in that manner. She stated I would hear back, either way, within 10 days. I followed up the interview with a "Thank You" note to the deparment manager. Four weeks later, I've still not heard back.

Interview Questions

• If you had to deal with opposing demands from several different internal customers, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beechcraft (Wichita, KS) in January 2011.

Interview

Gave the interview, received positive feedback onsite, but cannot get a response to follow-up phone calls and emails. Very unprofessional. If they're not going to give an offer, they should just say so. If they'd like to string me along, just tell me they're continuing to look around but I'm still in the running. Just be honest.